PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Lincoln

Normouse
06-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Is there any hope that after the anniversary hoopla is over there might be a new version of Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland? I know that the original attraction was a favorite of Walt's, and I always thought it was a nice tribute to one of our most beloved presidents. The newer haircut sideline was amusing, but it took the focus away from Mr. Lincoln himself. If the attraction came back, I don't know what form it might take, but I think that Lincoln is a unifying figure who can be appreciated by all Americans, regardless of their personal political viewpoints.

Wendi
06-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I hope they wouldn't change it... I like it.

Pat-n-Eil
06-05-2005, 05:24 PM
I was told by a CM in June, 2004 that they were upgrading to an even higher tech headset system - but we really liked the whole attraction. That setup with the photographer and private Cunningham is, I think, very nice.

HorizonsA
06-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes, I hope they just leave it how it was. The only thing I ask is the reinsertion of that beautiful song, "Two Brothers."

DCACM
06-05-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't mind the new show, but I wish they'd restore the old speech that was a "best of Lincoln" compilation instead of the Gettysburg address. I found the
"best of" more relevant and poingant. I also wouldn't mind better sound quality when Lincoln speaks...always sounds so phony.

KeithOfTerror
06-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Rather irrelelvant, but my little brother goes to me today, "What happened to Good Times with Mr. Lincoln?"

DYNOMITE!