PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell picture

passthepixiedust
06-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Okay, I read here some time ago that you could have your picture taken in front of the castle and they would "place" Tinkerbell in your hand. Does anyone have one of these pictures scanned ? I'd love to see one. Or know how much it costs ? Thanks much.

MouseWife
06-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Okay, I read here some time ago that you could have your picture taken in front of the castle and they would "place" Tinkerbell in your hand. Does anyone have one of these pictures scanned ? I'd love to see one. Or know how much it costs ? Thanks much.

I've never seen one in front of the castle {not saying that it isn't possible just that I haven't seen one}.

When you walk into Disneyland {just like Knott's, Legoland, Sea World...} they stop you and ask if you want your picture taken. So, right in front of the 'floral Mickey' they pose you. They ask if you like Tinkerbell {and I would definitely think in your case 'Yes!'}. They they pose you holding out your hands {the Hubster and I are putting our hands next to one another in front of us}. Later, they use their computer {the one you can view your pictures on} and 'place' her in your hands. They make her smaller or bigger depending on what looks best.

The cost I remember is like others, I think it was either $12.95 or $14.95 for the first one and then you can buy more. I could be wrong but I think we got two poses for $24.

EandCDad
06-05-2005, 12:12 PM
I've never seen one in front of the castle {not saying that it isn't possible just that I haven't seen one}.

They also do it in front of the castle. When we went, the front of the castle was closed due to the taping of Regis and Kelly, so we had a picture taken in front of the Hub.

I'll see if I can get it scanned and posted here.

MouseWife
06-05-2005, 12:14 PM
EandCDad, that is cool! Well, I don't go to the park as often as I'd like....

Did you ever get a pic on Buzz Lightyear? They e-mailed us a link but it didn't work. :confused:

GeminiAngel
06-05-2005, 12:21 PM

Did it, Have it. We went to get our annual castle photo. The cast member told us to stand this way to have Tinkerbell in the photo with us: Hubby and Me with our 3yr old DD between us. My palm in his, over our DD's head, with Tink standing in our hands! So darned cute! We bought the 8x10. Don't remember the price, wasn't too bad though or I would not have bought it. Tink is added in via computer image, when you go to preview it.

Sorry I do not have a scanner. :(

Earkid
06-05-2005, 12:43 PM
They will do the Tink pink for you anywhere in the park. We had one done with just Main Street in the background. The neat thing was that the gold horse drawn trolly was just passing to our right when the pic was done so we had them crop it to keep some of that in the pic.

One bit of advise, if you are tall (we are) do not have a short photographer take your pic. Ours were taken by a very small asian woman and we look like GIANTS and the upward angle didn't flatter us at all.

There are always several photogs around so look for one about your height or taller. Until I saw these latest pics I didn't realize what a difference it would make.

lisap
06-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Okay, here is our Tinkerbell picture (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thelisap92024/detail?.dir=/543d&.dnm=cba3.jpg&.src=ph). This is a scanned picture, so Tink is not as crisp as she is in the actual photograph.

The colors were a little washed out, but we got it anyway-- it's not everyday you see the hub deserted--or Tinkerbell flying around giving photo ops. ;)

passthepixiedust
06-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much everyone, and Lisap, great picture ! Definately, this will go on my to do list !

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Lisa that is a great pic- your family is darling!

lisap
06-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks, Yenta. :)

The Tink overlay is a pretty smart idea by DL--the pictures took by the CM with my camera actually came out better, but we couldn't resist the Pixie--and the 50th logo. Very nice keepsake.

hannahkrik
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
love the photo!