PDA

View Full Version : Crowds the end of July

hannahkrik
06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
We are planning on going to Disneyland in late July or early August which week would be less crowded?

ESS Heckler
06-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Six of one - half a dozen of the other. Of course, it should be relatively less crowded in the middle of the week.... Notice I said relatively.

Take water - keep hydrated, check in to Ride Max (www.ridemax.com a company that sells software that you download. You use the software to make sure you are spending as little time as possible in line and the most time possible riding, and seeing the shows you want to see) and keep the right attitude. Know that there are going to be lines and crowds and go with it.

hannahkrik
06-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks My dad is good with fastpasses so we usually get around the park preaty fast. He dousn't use them in the time they say he will use them hours later then they say and they allways accept them. It is preaty neat doing it that way and I will usually go by myself and do single rider.

zero'sbark
06-06-2005, 04:28 PM
everyday will be crowded, all summer long. Every single day.

VickiC
06-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Does sediment have that in his FAQ yet?

HydroGuy
06-07-2005, 06:50 AM
We are planning on going to Disneyland in late July or early August which week would be less crowded?
Mid-July will be ultra-crowded because of Space Mountain opening on July 15. It may be best to wait a few weeks to August, but no one knows whether things will improve by then. We are planning to go August 1-4.

Is this a day trip, or are you staying for several days?

If you are planning multiple days, here is my advice.

1. Get a good neighbor hotel across the street or stay at a Disney hotel.

2. Avoid weekends and Friday if possible.

3. Purchase your parkhopper tix ahead of time.

4. Get to the gate at least 30 minutes early

5. Power out on rides early in the morning.

6. The lines are longest from Noon-4PM. That is when you take a break, go to the hotel for a swim and a lengthy nap in your air-conditioned room. We usually break for at least 3 hours.

7. Go back to DL or DCA after the nap and stay until closing time. Make sure to be in line at closing (Midnight in July and early August at DL). As long as you are in line when they close, they will let you on, even if the line is 15 minutes long.

8. The lines shorten quite a bit during the parades, fireworks, and Fantasmic, so be sure to hit the rides hard during these times (on the evenings that you plan to skip the shows).

You will only get about six hours of sleep at night if you do the above, and thus the naps are essential. Plus you avoid the hottest part of the days when the lines are longest.

shawnarae
06-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Will the re-opening of Space Mountain help in any way? It always seems to me when more attractions are open the better lines are in general for the whole park. I know nothing will help summer crowds, but maybe it will loosen lines for other rides in general with that particular ride re-opening. Thoughts?

HydroGuy
06-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Will the re-opening of Space Mountain help in any way? It always seems to me when more attractions are open the better lines are in general for the whole park. I know nothing will help summer crowds, but maybe it will loosen lines for other rides in general with that particular ride re-opening. Thoughts?
My two cents says that in the long run, the answer is "yes" because it will tie up several thousand guests in line. But in the short run (i.e., this summer) the answer is "no", as the demand will be so high it will draw more to the park.

hannahkrik
06-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Mid-July will be ultra-crowded because of Space Mountain opening on July 15. It may be best to wait a few weeks to August, but no one knows whether things will improve by then. We are planning to go August 1-4.

Is this a day trip, or are you staying for several days?

If you are planning multiple days, here is my advice.

1. Get a good neighbor hotel across the street or stay at a Disney hotel.

2. Avoid weekends and Friday if possible.

3. Purchase your parkhopper tix ahead of time.

4. Get to the gate at least 30 minutes early

5. Power out on rides early in the morning.

6. The lines are longest from Noon-4PM. That is when you take a break, go to the hotel for a swim and a lengthy nap in your air-conditioned room. We usually break for at least 3 hours.

7. Go back to DL or DCA after the nap and stay until closing time. Make sure to be in line at closing (Midnight in July and early August at DL). As long as you are in line when they close, they will let you on, even if the line is 15 minutes long.

8. The lines shorten quite a bit during the parades, fireworks, and Fantasmic, so be sure to hit the rides hard during these times (on the evenings that you plan to skip the shows).

You will only get about six hours of sleep at night if you do the above, and thus the naps are essential. Plus you avoid the hottest part of the days when the lines are longest.

Well I have a dance compatition and it is at the Disneyland Hotel so e are staying there. We will probley be going all day Friday a little bit of Saturday of and on and same as Saturday with Sunday. Last time I was there was Mamorial day last year and we got inside the park right when it opend the 2 days we went. Day one we hedded strait to Fantasyland and got around the whole area in about 45 miniuts and had no wait line or no more then 5 minuits. Day 2 we went strait to Adventureland. We got on all those rides including Splash in about the same time with no waits. So I am thinking we will be ok because I think Mamorial Day is way more crowded then we are planning on going this year.