PDA

View Full Version : Disney' first customer still uses his lifetime pass - Salt Lake Tribune, 6/5/05

Darkbeer
06-04-2005, 10:25 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/travel/ci_2779921

QuikQuote: The clippings from the Los Angeles Mirror-News, The Los Angeles Times, The Los Angeles Examiner and The Long Beach Independent are faded now. So is the photo of 22-year-old Dave MacPherson giving the OK sign as he became the first customer to buy a ticket to Disneyland when it opened to the public July 18, 1955.
MacPherson was the first to enter the park. But, surprisingly, he did not ride any of the new attractions or get Walt Disney's autograph. "I was still in school," he recalled. "I was dead tired. People were fainting in the parking lot. I had to get back to school."

Drince88
06-05-2005, 04:01 AM
That's so cool. I hope he gets to go on the 18th (though I'm not sure if that's a smart move for a 72 year-old, regardless of his health!)

DARKBEER, you should invite him to your 18th party!

RStar
06-05-2005, 07:06 AM
That's so cool. I hope he gets to go on the 18th (though I'm not sure if that's a smart move for a 72 year-old, regardless of his health!)

DARKBEER, you should invite him to your 18th party!

That is cool! If he hasn't been since last year, I'm sure he will want to go durring the 50th, and what a better day than the 18th?

Disneyfun
06-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Sigh..... Life time pass..... Ahh I would love to have one of those. BAck when the passes were $99 for delux I always said I owuld pay $1000 for a life time.
Cool story!