PDA

View Full Version : Firework Show: The best place to view

bananna
06-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Inside the park is best.. so we've read.. but, where should we stand/sit (with our 4 & 6 yr olds) and how soon should we get there? thanks for any info. :)

Disney Vault
06-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I hear the hub is the only place to watch it from if you want to see everything. You want to be able to get a clear view of the castle.

disney_leonard
06-04-2005, 10:49 PM
To get the best of everything you need to be able to view the castle and Matterhorn.

disney jones
06-04-2005, 11:11 PM
for the new show, a lot of images are projected on the castle walls - get as close to it as possible, and get there at least an hour beforehand. :)

sdfilmcritic
06-04-2005, 11:57 PM
When I watched the fireworks my mom and I sat on the cement benches to the left of the giant compass in front of the castle. Talk about front row seats! Although are view was partially blocked by some trees and bushes I think it was one of the best spots in the whole entire resort for a view. We had been sitting there for an hour before the show started so that's how we got the great seats.

bradk
06-05-2005, 12:56 AM
if you don't have the time and patience to get in the center of the hub to see the matterhorn aspect of it all, all the halfway down main street (or even more) is fine as well.

Captain Josh
06-05-2005, 01:43 AM
yes...that all works, and it's all true.

Front and Center, close to the castle as possible.

Do THAT first....

But DO try to see it at least once from the Town Square, if possible up on the platform close to the rails next to the TOP of the stairs. Keep off the steps, us Train people want those clear.

Watching from back there gives certain elements of the show better context, and you can figure out what exactly was going on BEHIND you after you've seen it from the hub.

bradk
06-05-2005, 01:46 AM
well, i might add, i'd do it between the castle and the flagpole. the train station would be perfect if not for the flagpole.

disney jones
06-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Watching from back there gives certain elements of the show better context, and you can figure out what exactly was going on BEHIND you after you've seen it from the hub.yeah, we did that our second night - the good thing from Fantasyland is (a) seeing Tink up closer, and (b) closer to most of the firweorks themselves.

phillyorig
06-05-2005, 05:09 AM
The manager of our Disney store told me on Friday( she just came back 2 weeks ago), that looking at the castle from main street,at the hub, stay to your right. She said you will be very close to the Walt and Mickey statue(with your back towards them, to the right).

Will check it out tomorrow night and report back next Sunday( tonight is all hotel and will watch from the roof of our hotel).

Lanmon
06-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Inside the park is best.. so we've read.. but, where should we stand/sit (with our 4 & 6 yr olds) and how soon should we get there? thanks for any info. :)

We saw the fireworks at the hub in front of the castle. Our kids fell asleep right before the show. We went on a Saturday and it was very crowded. People started putting blankets down at 5:00 PM for the 9:30 PM show. We stood for almost an hour waiting for the show...it was well worth the wait.

sdfilmcritic
06-05-2005, 07:26 AM
Watching from back there gives certain elements of the show better context, and you can figure out what exactly was going on BEHIND you after you've seen it from the hub.I noticed that when I saw the show for the first time when I was sitting in front of the castle. I was sitting at a side angle facing Matterhorn and I glanced back to my mom who was with me and I noticed the other fireworks from the other direction. It was perfect timing for me to glance back there. Plus I noticed the launchers from the direction of TL. Was there any launchers back near Splash Mountain or anything like that?

bananna
06-05-2005, 07:36 AM
This is great info. I'm so glad I found this website. You guys are awesome :cool: with tips and suggestions!!!! THANK YOU ! Countdown: TOMORROW MORNING!!

sdfilmcritic
06-05-2005, 07:40 AM
This is great info. I'm so glad I found this website. You guys are awesome with tips and suggestions!!!!No problem. That's what we're here for. :D

HydroGuy
06-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Great feedback. It sounds like everyone is standing up in the hub. Won't children have their view blocked?

disney_leonard
06-05-2005, 09:42 AM
The people watching from the hub tend to sit down in front. Also, images are projected onto the Matterhorn as well.

Niwel
06-05-2005, 10:12 AM
MousePlanet put together this helpful, handy-dandy, print before you go guide (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm)

djdrama
06-06-2005, 02:00 AM
i was there for the 555 show....may 5, 2005 and i sat right in front of the castle on the street just a foot or two toward the castle from the horse carriage tracks.....ive seen it there everytime except for once where i was right next to the turkey leg and chimichunga cart on main street.....not good there the tree blocks most of the fireworks.....but the spot where i sat on 555 is the best if youre willing to wait a couple hours.....if you were there on 555 it rained a bit at 645 for a good 20 min and about 50 people left and sticking thru it made it memorable...that spot will always be the spot ill watch it from......say hi if youre there and you see me;=)

star wars!!!!! jedi academy sweater or disneyland paris hat!!!

Family5LovesDisney
06-06-2005, 02:33 AM
We will be watching the Fantasmic Show at 9:00 (from a dessert buffet seat) The fireworks show is at 9:25. What is my best bet for a decent view of the fireworks show?? Do I have to run all the way back to Main Street or can I see it from other points in the park? THANKS! :)

bradk
06-06-2005, 04:55 AM
you really don't have much of a choice from that point. f! is 23 minutes. for a better view, you should be somewhere on main street, but you won't be able to get anywhere before the fireworks start

potzbie
06-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Also, images are projected onto the Matterhorn as well.

Yes! I saw the Matterhorn top clearly and saw the SKULL & CROSSBONES during the POTC segment.

And I saw Tink very clearly, and especially saw the guy wires that made Tink go up and down and across.

I have been curious about Tinkerbell's ability to move ever since my first viewing from the Main Street RR station.
I promised myself to view Tinkbell for the next time.
And next time, 06/05/05, I sat in a chair in the Plaza Gardens.
I was on the dance floor.
The Good News is that that the Tink factor was right on the money.
The semi-good news is that I got an excellent view of the left half (!) of the castle, and finally saw the target ducks getting pinged (old west segment), and saw the star wars lasers (Star Tours segment), and the other lights of the castle.--At least HALF of the castle.

The Bad News is that the dang trees blocked the fireworks.
Oh, well.

And Julie Andrews voice does not project to the Plaza Gardens as well as it does on Main Street proper.
Dang!