PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Soft Openings? [merged]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Catcherman22
06-04-2005, 11:55 AM
So... We're a month and a bit from the reopening... That means we should be getting close to soft openings. Anybody heard of any possibilities yet? Post them here!

Dan

disney_leonard
06-04-2005, 12:44 PM
I heard that they decide on CM's this week and then they need to go through the week long coaster training. So maybe by July 1?

SilverStyle
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
yep post has been posted for the new crew.

ksejr1
06-04-2005, 03:30 PM
i heard the weekend of the 4th :D

run747
06-18-2005, 04:37 PM
alright, this is pure conjecture, but I met an imagineer last night (a good friend of a trusted friend) and, after proceeding to completely geek-out and ask about soft openings over july 4th, she said that the full opening date was being moved up to july 1st. i have no idea if this is accurate or not, but i figured i'd pass it along, to be taken with or without salt.

~Run747

ETA: changed "tonight" to "last night" (the 17th)

nsxdrift_89
06-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, it could be another false rumor {Rocket Rods will come back, next summer ('99)}, or it could be the surprise that we are all waiting for. If so, they should be starting soft openigns within the next week or so. Definetely if they plan for July 1.

MickeyLumbo
06-18-2005, 06:54 PM
test rides are being offered for CM's June 19,20, 28 & 29. :fez:

Craigster- diver
06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
test rides are being offered for CM's June 19,20, 28 & 29. :fez:

So, do "they" ever allow "the public" on a ride early ???? We'll be in DL all next week, and I wouldn't mind being a "test subject" for Space Mountain while I'm there !!!

Hmmmm.....

MammaSilva
06-18-2005, 07:15 PM
I can't speak for Space, but we got to 'soft open' Buzz when we were there, so it wouldn't be unrealistic to hear there were soft openings early July since the 'official' date is July 15.

TimBuk2
06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
i was told by 2 cm's the other day JULY 1 is the planned SOFT OPENING day, so we may get lucky to show up - i wonder with how many other thousands that will be there after hearing the same thing.

from everything else read, JULY 15 is going to be the scheduled grand re-opening.

tmshpkns
06-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Since DA alreay sold a several thousand dollar grand reopening package for the 15th, I can't imagine them actually changing the official date, even if it's ready early.

ToursbabeC3po
06-18-2005, 09:10 PM
I was in the park yesterday and was told that if WDI opens Space by July 1st they get more $$$$. So they are trying to get it open by then. I spoke to several cast members that have been on it already and they say it rocks!
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
toursbabe

jennia
06-18-2005, 09:27 PM
DH is trying to tell me that he heard on the local ABC news (Channel 7 Los Angeles) last night that Space Mountain would be open Labor Day weekend. I told him that I think he was hallucinating :D .... I HOPE he was hallucinating!! Did anyone see the Friday night 11 PM news on ABC?

Nowhereman
06-19-2005, 04:38 AM
July 1st was the original date to have soft openings... however, it will be pushed back a tad bit.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Since DA alreay sold a several thousand dollar grand reopening package for the 15th, I can't imagine them actually changing the official date, even if it's ready early.

Boy I bet the people who forked out the money for this package will be a little unhappy if it opens on the 1st!!!

SarahShep
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
...if they are going to do soft openings for Space Mountain? And if so, about when could you expect them to start?

We're going to DL next week and I was SOOO sad when they pushed back the open date for Space Mountain. I love that ride (it's one of the few coasters I'll actually ride) and I really don't want to have to wait until next year to ride it. I might not even get to go then cuz we are planning to go to WDW in 2007 and it's going to be EXPENSIVE so my sister and I need to start saving money as soon as we get back from this trip!

Any info will be much appreciated! OH...and sorry if this was already discussed somewhere else...it's been a LONG time since I've been on this board! (Blonde moment: I forgot what the name of the site was and I couldn't find it again! Oops!) THANKS! :) (I'm excited, can you tell?)

NavyCopSB
06-23-2005, 10:39 AM
July 1st

SoCalSteven
06-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Where did you hear that?

I believe that date has been mantioned before, but no one seems to be able to confirm it.

Shortiemetoo
06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh I hope its true!!! Then bye the time the 17th rolls around the locals will have already been on it...lol ;)

Mark Mywords
06-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Yess!! We'll be in the park that day!

Family5LovesDisney
06-23-2005, 01:06 PM
I wish it would be on JUNE 26th! :crying:

sami869
06-23-2005, 03:35 PM
My boyfrined and I are going to be in the park this monday and tuesday (we didn't have any choice over the date or we would have gone after July 17th). Space Mt is our favorite ride. Our first trip to DL together was just 2 days after they closed SM. We're probably not going to be back to DL for another year or two. *cries*

White Rose Assassin
06-23-2005, 04:05 PM
I hope that's true. I know plenty of friends going to the park on July 5th. They're really hoping that Space Mountain will be open then. (I'm crazy and I will be there on July 4th)

Where did you get this piece of info?

IndySpacePirate
06-23-2005, 04:14 PM
July 1st

Yes, this would be very, very cool as I am probably going to go within the next week or two. But NavyCopSB, your post is very short and only has a date for us to go off of, plus this has been mentioned before. Where did you get this information? This information does not seem very credible at the moment, at least from what you have said, which is very little... It would convince me more if you offered a source from where you attained this date... (I really hope you aren't pulling our legs on this, it would be awesome if it is true)... I can't wait and I would get to ride it before my friends. But before I get too excited, offer something more other than a date...

Mickey
06-28-2005, 06:33 AM
They are saying that the "soft opening" will be July 1rst, my question is, will it be open for that weekend? JULY 1ST-4TH? or only on July 1rst?