PDA

View Full Version : AP Parking

wendyxo
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I am considering adding a parking pass to my AP. Can anyone tell me if there is one specific area for AP parking? If so, what happens if that area is full before I get to the park? Will I end up having to buy a parking permit anyway?
Thanks for your help!

DCAWhites
06-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Its the mickey and friends parking structure and I doubt it would ever get full on a day that a delux or lower pass is valid (which you have).

Rhiannon8404
06-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Your AP parking gets you into the Mickey and Friends parking structure for free. Then you just park where they direct you. There isn't a special section for APs.

sdfilmcritic
06-03-2005, 11:36 PM
The the special benefit of parking in the structure is your car is in the shade and not parked out in the hot sun. That's the benefit I enjoy with the parking pass.

Darkbeer
06-04-2005, 12:05 AM
^^^Well, unless you show up late on a busy day, then you are on the roof!!!!! Odds are about 20% of the folks will end up on the roof on a busy day!

sdfilmcritic
06-04-2005, 12:21 AM
^^^Well, unless you show up late on a busy day, then you are on the roof!!!!! Odds are about 20% of the folks will end up on the roof on a busy day!The one and only time I ended up parking on the roof was when I showed up to the park around 5 PM. It was during the off season so I could imagine the cars would reach the roof by noon on a busy summer day.

cstephens
06-04-2005, 09:14 AM
The the special benefit of parking in the structure is your car is in the shade and not parked out in the hot sun. That's the benefit I enjoy with the parking pass.

Not if they park you outside. If you get there first thing in the morning, you're parked not in the structure itself, but in the outside area. Pinocchio? Can't remember what that section is called.

And I've been parked on the roof on a number of occasions too.

CrazyTrain
06-04-2005, 09:25 AM
AS long as you come back to your car later on in the night, being parked in the sun itsn't such a bad deal.

sdfilmcritic
06-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Not if they park you outside. If you get there first thing in the morning, you're parked not in the structure itself, but in the outside area. Pinocchio? Can't remember what that section is called.It's a fifty fifty situation for me. Of all the times I had arrived at the park early the parking staff had only directed me to the outer parking area one time. I think it's the Chip and Dale lot, by the way. Or maybe it is Pinnochio, but I can't remember.

justlittleoldme
06-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Most of the time you can ask to get parked on the bottom. If you have a stroller, and don't want to wait in a huge elevator line, or chance the escalators working, sometimes if you ask the parking attendant they will park you on the lower leve.

Disneyfun
06-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I have parked on the lower out side only when I had a handicap pass. When not wiht my mom and her pass then I have been in side the sturcture. The last two times I went to see the parade and BPB I ended up on the roof.
ONce a long time ago I was directed to go what I thought was going to be going up and I ended up out side on the far side of the parking lot. Do not remember what that name was but it was the furtherst I have ever parked!!!