PDA

View Full Version : Offsite parking

Normouse
06-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Does anyone have any parking options outside the park to avoid the horrific parking fee? I have had some luck on weekdays parking on Casa Vista ST. south of Katella, and then taking the 15 minute walk to either the entry plaza or the tram station.

sediment
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Does anyone have any parking options outside the park to avoid the horrific parking fee? I have had some luck on weekdays parking on Casa Vista ST. south of Katella, and then taking the 15 minute walk to either the entry plaza or the tram station.
How about parking near a bus stop? Check the bus routes near the area.

tjaa
06-03-2005, 10:25 PM

Horrific parking fees ? We have PAPs (parking included), parking is only $10 (without pass), 10 hours in the park = $1 per hour, 4 per car = .25 per person per hour (this includes tram to DL/DTD, all in all less walking). Walk if you like, just don't try to rent a locker or eat in the park :eek:

sami869
06-04-2005, 08:54 AM
I'd rather pay the $10 than worry about getting a parking ticket and/or towed.

TikiGeek
06-04-2005, 10:07 AM
I'd rather pay the $10 than worry about getting a parking ticket and/or towed.Agree. I also feel that my car is safe when parked in the M&F parking structure - the area outside of DLR is one of the highest car theft areas in California.

Normouse
06-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I actually think that any theme park that charges as much for entrance as the majors do should offer complementary parking. But failing that, perhaps five dollars would be fair. Just because parking lot companies charge stiff per/hour fees doesn't mean that amusement parks should follow suit.

And I hope that some of the money generated goes to safety in the park.
For a relatively tame family park like Disneyland there is absolutely no excuse for scrimping on safety inspections.

disneyperson
06-04-2005, 03:20 PM
We always stay across the street on Harbor so parking isn't an issue. I must say,however, that I don't think 10.00 to park is horrific. Compared to rates at other parks,not to mention parking in pretty much any major city, it's a downright bargain.