PDA

View Full Version : ASIMO at Disneyland

Noah
06-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi, ASIMO Honda's humanoid robot is now showing at Innoventions!
I checked out the show yesterday and do suggest that people see how far robot designs and human interaction are coming along. It is pretty amazing.

http://asimo.honda.com/disneyland.asp

millionairegirl
06-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I've seen him before, and while he's really cool, he also kind of creeps me out. I saw Terminator, I know what the robots are capable of!

bradk
06-03-2005, 11:34 AM
asimo's like hideously old though.

and doesn't even begin to compete with awesome-o

Noah
06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Well ASIMO has been around since 1986 v.E0 but it has gone through over 10 (V: E-0 to P4 )major experimental and prototype revisions since then, The version at Disneyland is P4 the latest generation.

jennia
06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Cool, I heard it was coming and look forward to seeing it. Where is it located? I'm guessing that it is one of the staging areas that you enter first as you get on the ride????

Doodle Duck
06-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Thank you Honda! Something Cool in the building.

There are 4 bots on property. Can't wait to see the little guy.

Noah
06-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Cool, I heard it was coming and look forward to seeing it. Where is it located? I'm guessing that it is one of the staging areas that you enter first as you get on the ride????

ASIMO is located on the second floor of the Innovations building (the old America Sings circular building inbetween autopia and Pizza Port.

screamin4ever
06-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Be sure to plan your visit carefully. We were there on the 2nd and after having to endure that babbling intro at the door we missed the show. It was only showing every hour on the hour and there was no way I was going to endure 45 minutes of Innoventions to wait.

Wesley815
06-03-2005, 08:18 PM
For those who've seen the show with AISMO, mind reviewing it? You can include spoilers... I'm just interested in what he does, or how "amazing" it is. I haven't had a chance to get into Innov. recently.

Thanks! :)

Disney Vault
06-03-2005, 08:46 PM
and doesn't even begin to compete with awesome-o
Is that from South Park?

bradk
06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
why yes, yes it is.

PragmaticIdealist
06-04-2005, 04:29 AM
... after having to endure that babbling intro at the door we missed the show. It was only showing every hour on the hour and there was no way I was going to endure 45 minutes of Innoventions to wait.

Disneyland really needs to fix the entrance to Innoventions. Many of the Hosts and Hostesses at the entrance are obnoxious, and every door needs to be used regardless of whether or not a show is being presented in that "zone".

One should never have to wait to enter Innoventions. That's just ridiculous.

justlittleoldme
06-04-2005, 07:19 AM
You also don't have to wait to hear their little show at the begining. We usually just turn around and start walking. If there is a show that is going around that looks interesting, we hop on and watch it. Most of the time, we never listen to any of them and just go play.