PDA

View Full Version : Corn Dogs at DLR

Dave Z
01-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Are the corn dogs the kind that they dip in the batter and fry right there or do they come from the freezer like at Wienerschnitzel?

I love a good corn dog with yellow mustard.

Thanks.

Rallymonkey23
01-29-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Dave Z
Are the corn dogs the kind that they dip in the batter and fry right there or do they come from the freezer like at Wienerschnitzel?

I love a good corn dog with yellow mustard.

Thanks.

They are the kind that they dip and fry right there. They are absolutely the best corn dogs you will ever eat.

justagrrl
01-29-2002, 06:33 PM
Better then Hot Dog on a Stick. (Not that I'm a corn dog gormet (if there is such a thing), but that's how make theirs too, isn't it?)

I'll have to give 'em a try sometime.

cyberRoo
01-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Speaking of corn dogs, does anyone know the status of the corn dog cart (little red wagon?) on Main Street at DL? Those are my favorite corn dogs in all the world, and last time we went the cart was actually missing. I know that it's usually closed, but at least then you can hold out hope for next time!

coronamouseman
01-30-2002, 09:00 AM
The Corn Dog Cart - gone?????

Where else will one be able to get that ultimate cholesteral fix now? (hot dog of unknown origins, large dose of oil and fried cornmeal coating)

What? You say we now have to eat over at the Bengal Barbecue where they only serve healthy chicken or lean spicy beef on sticks?

What's next - remove hot oil poppers on the popcorn carts for that sickening air-popped stuff?

coronamouseman
01-30-2002, 09:05 AM
Actually, forgot the other great cholesteral treat at DLR - the BLT at La Brea Bakery.

Seems like a pound or more of bacon piled on their terrific sourdough with lettuce and tomato - take an extra Lipitor or whatever your favorite cholesteral-reducing medication is before ordering up this taste treat .........

Not Afraid
01-30-2002, 09:10 AM
The Corn Dot Cart at DL is is rehab at the moment - not gone. Somewhere on this board is a post about the rehabs that mentions it.

However, can't let a corn dog topic go without mentioning Corn Dog Castle at DCA. The Hot Links Dogs are simply the best - and they're HUGE (and messy). With several packets of mustard and a seat watching the MSEP it can't be beat.

(Drooling right now)

Dave Z
01-30-2002, 09:35 AM
I didn't know corn dogs were an attraction now.

Attractions under rehab: Splash Mtn, Mansion, Mr Toad, Corn Dog Cart.

'I'm going to Disneyland!' for the Corn Dogs!

Dlandmom
01-30-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The Corn Dot Cart at DL is is rehab at the moment - not gone. Somewhere on this board is a post about the rehabs that mentions it.

However, can't let a corn dog topic go without mentioning Corn Dog Castle at DCA. The Hot Links Dogs are simply the best - and they're HUGE (and messy). With several packets of mustard and a seat watching the MSEP it can't be beat.

(Drooling right now)

Yummy! I'll definitely have to give that a try!

Not Afraid
01-30-2002, 10:09 AM

Actually, many things in the park are scheduled for rehab. Regular maintenance must be done to keep the entire park looking good. This included restaurants and stores as well as attractions.

The complete list was posted here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4061)

And some people do go to DL for the corndogs. In my case, I sometimes go just for a cinnamon twist, a mocha, and a visit with "my" swans. That's the magic.

Dave Z
01-30-2002, 10:40 AM
Not Afraid,

Don't get me wrong. If I lived closer than 400 miles away I, too, would go just for the corn dogs, the hum of the Monorail and a ride on POTC.

I remember a day they would change out every light bulb on Mainstreet based on an expected lifespan rather than replace them as they burned out.

The Magic was kindled in me as an 8 year old in 1956. The corn dog thing is more recent.

Dave Z
01-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Doesn't anybody want to talk about Corn Dogs anymore?

How much are they, by the way?

Rallymonkey23
01-30-2002, 08:31 PM
This is kinda off topic but At the Corn Dog Castle in DCA I decided to try the cheddar cheese on a stick. First off I ordered one for me and one for my wife. The lady opens the window and hands me 1 cheese on a stick. I informed her that I ordered 2. She said she was sorry and gave us 2 free bags of chips for the trouble of having to wait 6 more minutes for our other cheese on a stick. Kudos for that. Anyways, The cheese on a stick was nasty!! The cheese was not even melted all the way when we ate them. I was thinking about taking them back but the lady was kind enough to give us free chips for the mixup so I decided to let it go and remember to never get one again.

FEJ
01-30-2002, 08:47 PM

If "Cosmic Waves" is listed as an attraction, then the "Corn Dog Cart" would certainly be one also. It serves a better purpose to the guests that said "Waves". (Unless your bringing the kids to Disneyland for a bath)