PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Who want's to be a millionare:Play it!

Rallymonkey23
01-29-2002, 02:10 PM
O.K. Here's the deal. My uncle made it in the hotseat about a month ago and was shocked when he found out that he did not have an option of buying a video of him playing the game. He was willing to pay $30.00 for the thing! I think they should give you the option of buying the video if you wanted to. Even if you didn't make it in the hotseat. I think Disney would make alot of money on this idea.(Maybe enough to replace the neighbor attraction of WWTBAM) What do you think??

DJ_MENTOS
01-29-2002, 02:12 PM
I like the idea. i almost made it into the hot seat. When they polled the audience I was #2! how disappointing.... oh well, maybe next time.

Rallymonkey23
01-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by DJ_MENTOS
I like the idea. i almost made it into the hot seat. When they polled the audience I was #2! how disappointing.... oh well, maybe next time.

The funny thing is. Is when my uncle got out of the hotseat. I was #2 also. That would have been cool if I got up there right after him. The crowd probably would have thought the show was rigged!! That would have been funny.

Mouse
01-29-2002, 06:07 PM
I've been #2 before as well (must have been an off day for the crowd). Acually I've only been to the show twice. Seeing how I would't have a real chance at winning prizes (being a CM = no prizes) #2 is the closest I would want to be to the hot seat.

Polar33
01-29-2002, 10:03 PM
I've been #1 three times so far and, being a CM, had to decline each time. I'm not actually that good, I just get lucky going to less crowded shows and the people in the hotseat usually just bombed on an easy question. It's amazing how a simple (to me at least) Disney trivia question is downright impossible for some folks. Anywho...declining sucks, I can't wait to play at Cast Blast next week, but the competition will be tough!

As for videos of your hotseat experience, It would be a great idea...and would definately generate some extra cash if they put a pricetag on it (although would be a nice additional prize for said hotseat contestant). But, they recycle their questions so they don't have to hire people to make new questions all the time. The no videotaping/photography/audio recording/etc... rule was probabally put in so people couldn't stockpile a library of questions. Making videos available for purchase would allow people to get around that which is something Disney would not want.

However they could probabally install a still image capture type system that could take various pictures of you throughout your hotseat experiance and make those available for purchace for you and your family. All they would have to check is that no questions are being displayed in the image and it would make everybody happy. But leave it to Disney to overlook the obvious :rolleyes:

driftwood714
01-29-2002, 11:06 PM
The reason they cannot sell you video of photos of yourself to you is because Disney doesn't wholly own the Millionaire franchise. It came from England, I believe. It's definately worth writing a letter or comment form.

DJ_MENTOS
01-30-2002, 10:22 AM
The sad part Rallymonkey, is that there was a lady in the hot seat... and she lost. Then her HUSBAND was #1 and got to get in the hotseat. I was #2 :(

WizKidRyan
01-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Heh...On New Years Eve i was at the resort with some friends. In Millionaire my two friends Rob and Bob (seriously) both got in the hotseat in a row. The host had a field day with that one ;)
And after Bob lost the audience was looking up at us waiting to see who was next :)

Iceman
01-30-2002, 03:44 PM
A question and a suggestion:

- How the heck do you get into the hot seat? My wife and I consider ourselves trivia buffs with better than average reflexes, and we've never even been close. Is there some trick?

- I think they should re-do how they have you input your answers. It's very distracting to me that when the host gets to the correct answer you start hearing all this clicking all over the theater with people trying to get their answers in. I have even thought that if I DID make it to the hot seat and didn't know an answer, all I'd have to do is listen for the clicks to start and then I'd know what to pick!

Nigel2
01-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Iceman

- How the heck do you get into the hot seat? My wife and I consider ourselves trivia buffs with better than average reflexes, and we've never even been close. Is there some trick?

- I think they should re-do how they have you input your answers. It's very distracting to me that when the host gets to the correct answer you start hearing all this clicking all over the theater with people trying to get their answers in. I have even thought that if I DID make it to the hot seat and didn't know an answer, all I'd have to do is listen for the clicks to start and then I'd know what to pick!

Well when I got in apparently they ran over for time so the guy came back to our showing and he tanked at 2k (as did most of the audience) on a simple question about jewish holidays. So I got in in the hs and others can vouch for this as well, you can't hear the clicking sounds at all since the speakers drown out all sound.

Oh and the company that owns Millionare is Valleycrest productions, I believe they put a ref to them on all the stuff that has the millionare logo on it.

Uncle Dick
02-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Iceman

There are two ways:

1) During the fastest finger question, randomly hit the buttons as fast as you can. If you're lucky, you're in the seat. Thinking it over will not help as someone will manage to randomly get it before you.

2) When each question is read, you MUST know the answer immediately and start pressing the button as fast as you can. If you don't know the answer immediately, guess. If you guess wrong, you're out of luck and will have to try again next round. If you guess right on each question, immediately, until the person in the hot seat gets kicked out, you are more or less guaranteed the hot seat. The trick is not to sit and think about the question, even if a few seconds of though will allow you to answer the question correctly. By the time you figure it out, it will be too late.

So basically, it's a combination of quickly knowing the answer and a lot of luck when you don't. It took me one show to figure out this strategy, but by the second show, I was in the hot seat.

Nigel2
02-01-2002, 10:47 PM
Well odds are if you don't know it someone arround you knows and they don't let you answer till he is almost done with "d".