PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood "Star" registration Friday am

jiminycesq
06-02-2005, 11:19 AM
A brief update to the Merchandise event website at Disneygallery.com shows that registration begins tomorrow, Friday, for the Hollywood Star ceremony package. As I am not going I did not note the specifics but some others may be interested - I got no email from Disney so, I guess they are just posting it on the website. Anyway, good luck for those who are interested!

DizMagic
06-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Can you please post a link. I haven't heard about this event (is it an event). Since we are heading out there tomorrow - I didn't know if it was something we might be interested in. I looked on the Disneyland website - but couldn't find anything.

cstephens
06-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Can you please post a link. I haven't heard about this event (is it an event). Since we are heading out there tomorrow - I didn't know if it was something we might be interested in. I looked on the Disneyland website - but couldn't find anything.

The ceremony is on July 14. Here's a link (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x21224ac7e&varPage=hotel), but you can only register for this if you've already registered for the 50th event. You can't register just for this event.

Doombuggies
06-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Well, me and my friends are all registered. Lets just hope this one remains at "Limited to 50 guests". I just want to go to one event that the numbers released dosent change. If you are interested, register as fast as you can! You have to register everyone in your party one at a time! If you originally signed up as a primary and guests, then the guests will need their own registration code which apparently was not automatically sent to all event "guest" guests. You will have to call Disney's Special Events in order to get the codes for any additional guests on the registration. The number is 407-827-7600 or 866-247-1203.

Disneynut1955
06-03-2005, 08:37 AM
I attempted to register, but of course, my wife did not have her own individual registration code. Another screwup on behalf of WDES!!! How many times do we have to experience these types of problems before everyone realizes that whoever is running the show at WDES does not know what they are doing???

I am curious to see if the those who have defended WDES in the past will continue to insist that everything is fine, or if they will finally admit that problems exist and ask for change.

I had to call WDES to get an individual confirmation code for my wife and spoke with a cast member named Jason. As I have been accused of never saying anything nice, let me say this; Jason was a true professional, listened to my question and provided a prompt response. My thanks to him for helping get this problem straightened out!

Again, my refusal to attend (the resolution proposed by some) does not resolve the underlying problem that this event is run in a true “Mickey Mouse” fashion!

cstephens
06-03-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm just wondering why you keep telling us how incompetent it all is, and yet you keep registering for more things and giving them more money...

Disneynut1955
06-03-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm just wondering why you keep telling us how incompetent it all is, and yet you keep registering for more things and giving them more money...

She is back again..... I would have thought that after reading all of my posts and arguing with me over each one that you would finally get it. Maybe you do get it and you just like starting arguments over nothing. Here it is again in very explicit terms.

I love Disney. I enjoy going to Disneyland and love going to events at Disneyland. I would love for this process to work the way it is supposed to. However, the process does not work the way it should. I can either abandon going to the events in the hopes that my absence will bring about change (not likely) or I can complain and point out what is wrong and hope that glaring, public examples of their gross incompetence will cause someone to make much needed change (may happen). As result, everyone (not just myself) who attends these events will benefit. As valued consumers of Disney’s products and services, we should expect more from an industry leader.

As we always talk about me, lets talk about you! Did you sign up for this package today? Were you effected by the continued sign up problems this morning? Were you effected by the original sign up problems? Was your package level ever changed in any way? Was a portion of your event cancelled? We keep hearing your opinions on this but you never really seem to tell us if you are effected by any of it.

My guess is that you are not, otherwise you would see why some of us are upset. Do us all a favor, call Martha at WDES, let her hand you some more baloney about how everything is great and your event will not be changed and then fall into that easy slumber created by her blatant pacification that you so greatly enjoy!

cstephens
06-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Did you sign up for this package today?

Nope. Didn't interest me, and we already have plans for that evening.

Were you effected by the original sign up problems?

Nope. Registration went smoothly for us.

Was your package level ever changed in any way? Was a portion of your event cancelled? We keep hearing your opinions on this but you never really seem to tell us if you are effected by any of it.

I guess you missed this post of mine (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=625136&postcount=25) where I said

I'm attending the 50th event. I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm not happy with how the packages changed, but I'm willing to see how it turns out

I would have preferred if the packages had been as originally listed, but I look at the packages as they are now and think about whether or not I would still have signed up if they were like that to begin with. The answer is yes, so ultimately, the changes aren't that important to me since I still want to attend the event as it stands.

Oh, and btw, thanks for your nice PM. It was really very enlightening.

Disneynut1955
06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Nope. Didn't interest me, and we already have plans for that evening.

Nope. Registration went smoothly for us.

I guess you missed this post of mine (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=625136&postcount=25) where I said

I would have preferred if the packages had been as originally listed, but I look at the packages as they are now and think about whether or not I would still have signed up if they were like that to begin with. The answer is yes, so ultimately, the changes aren't that important to me since I still want to attend the event as it stands.

Oh, and btw, thanks for your nice PM. It was really very enlightening.

Cstephens, thanks for the response. What is enlightening to me is your response to my questions. You criticize me for complaining about a portion of the event you are not attending. You criticize me for complaining about sign-up problems that you did not experience. You criticize me for complaining about how my package was altered but yet fail to answer the all important question. At what level did you sign up?

By your own admission, you have nothing to complain about. I am thankful that you are receiving the level of service that should extend to all of us. As I did encounter problems with my registration, package changes, cancelled elements of my package, cancelled additional trips and now additional sign-up problems, I have a reason to complain. We are glad that your experience so far has worked out, this has not been the case for everyone. If you do not have the same issues as we do, then you have no place commenting on our right to be frustrated.

AVP
06-03-2005, 12:44 PM
OK, we're done here.

If you actually need to ask why this thread has been locked, please PM a moderator.

AVP