PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust Needed

DizMagic
06-02-2005, 10:58 AM
OK Padders - we are getting ready to fly out tomorrow AM from the East Coast to come see what all the fuss is about over on your side of the Mississippi. We are both extremely nervous about flying. We could use all the Pixie Dust you guys have. Thanks and see you when we get back.

disneyperson
06-02-2005, 10:59 AM
throwing fistfuls of it your way, we stocked up when we were there last time. Hope you have a great trip!

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
06-02-2005, 01:51 PM
You came to the right place--I've got boatloads of it! First, sit down. Now close your eyes. I'm sprinkling it all over. Now open your eyes. Stop coughing. Done! :)

Have an awesome trip!

Hakuna Makarla
06-02-2005, 02:17 PM
See Coaster, she has a butt load of the stuff ha ha ha
Hey enjoy the flight relax and please tell us what you think of the park ok )))

TP2000
06-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Awesome to see someone from the Palmetto State posting here DizMagic! We seem to get too many of us local SoCal types, and we can be a bit provincial when there's a bunch of us all together. Nice to get some diversity in here!

I just checked weather.com and the forecast for tomorrow looks good for the southern half of the US. I'm assuming you're flying from Greenville to Atlanta, and then on a non-stop from Atlanta to LAX or John Wayne. Once you leave Atlanta with their chance of rain on Friday it looks like it's smooth sailing across the South and desert Southwest.

My tip would be to make a quick trip to Barnes & Noble tonight (there's one on Haywood Road as I remember from a few visits I spent in Greenville, they are open until at least 10:00pm) and pick up lots of reading material. The current issue of Disney Magazine is all about Disneyland. Plus pick up Birnbaum's Official Guide to Disneyland, and perhaps Fodor's or any of the other good unofficial guides. You can then spend the plane trip reading and preparing for your plan of attack when you arrive. It's my continuing experience that if you are nice to the stewardess or steward with a big smile right as you board the plane, they'll keep you supplied with drinks and peanuts the whole trip.

As you are studying and preparing for your Disneyland trip, don't forget that you CAN NOT MISS the following attractions that are either missing entirely in WDW, noticeably different in Disneyland, or far superior in their Disneyland guise; Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Alice In Wonderland, StorybookLand Canal Boats, Mickey's Toontown and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, New Orleans Square, Pinnochio's Daring Journey, Sailing Ship Columbia or Canoes around the Rivers of America, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, 50th Exhibit in Main Street Opera House. Do not think about missing the fireworks from the top of Main Street one night, and if you see Fantasmic! in Disneyland you will be amazed at the differences between it and the WDW show. Catch the 10:30pm Fantasmic! and you will be much, much happier with the crowds.

And at DCA, don't miss Disney Animation, Soarin' Over California, Aladdin Show in Hyperion Theater. The rest of DCA can be enjoyed by just strolling through the park for a bit, as all of the other major attractions are direct WDW clones or can be found at any regional amusement park in America. A stroll from one end of Downtown Disney to the other might be fun with plenty of excellent restaurants (I recommend Catal), and the lobby of the Grand Californian is our version of Wilderness Lodge and fun to see.

Your plane trip will be very calm and pleasurable I'm sure, and we will expect to hear back on your observations from your time at Disneyland!

CoasterChickie
06-02-2005, 02:56 PM
throwing fistfuls of it your way, we stocked up when we were there last time. Hope you have a great trip!

Did yo find it in Zero's Bark 's hood of her sweatshirt? :p

Dizmagic...I'm sending handfuls of pixie dust your way. Have a safe flight!! Wait till you see Tinkerbell's new improved flight over the castle!! :D