PDA

View Full Version : DCA's San Francisco

Brown Monkey
01-29-2002, 09:18 AM
With all the plans going in for expansion of DCA, I wonder why they haven't looked at "expanding" a certain area of the park that I feel has obviously been neglected. I'm talking about the San Francisco portion of the Golden State district. They shouldn't have put in all those row houses just to leave them empty and lifeless. Even though they are nice to look at, I still feel sad passing through that area because it is so dead! If they weren't planning on putting anything in there, then they should have just built that area with facades of row houses, instead of actual buildings. It looks like a ghost town with all the doors locked, windows shut, and curtains closed. Please put in a ride! Or at least a shop or restaurant? Something! Anything to make this place interesting. They should have made this area alot bigger too, so you'd feel immersed in SF. Does anyone know if they have any plans to make this area better?

Rallymonkey23
01-29-2002, 01:53 PM
They should have made that area a Chinatown. That would be cool. With a Chinese restraunt, maybe a Mulan dark ride or something. What do ya think about that idea?

zapppop
01-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Perhaps they could duplicate Market St. in the Castro District.
All they need is a coffee shop and some "colorful" flags ;) :D :p :)

Mouse
01-29-2002, 08:59 PM
They could facade up the place I suspose...Add store fronts like on hollywood. Isn't that where the Luminaria kid-drawing-corner-thing was?

Horace Horsecollar
01-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Two possibilities come to mind: 1) put in a small coaster themed to be an out-of-control cable car ride (in lieu of Mullholland Madness, a ride which I sort of like)--it could end with a splashdown in Paradise Cove, and 2) some sort of haunted house/fun house walkthrough based on another Bay area icon--the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose (this could tie into the Rose Red miniseries they're running this week on ABC, too; even though that flick is set in Seattle, it pulls from the Winchester legend).

Actually, the Winchester story could've fit in well with the "Tower of Terror" concept, too. Instead of an abandoned hotel in Hollywood, make it a rundown joint on the San Francisco waterfront. The builder believes that as long as he adds on to the hotel, he'll never die. Guests would hear eerie sounds of hammering and sawaing and see the ghostly owner at work. At the end, the ghost saws through the elevator cable and sends you plummeting.

80S ERA
01-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Horace Horsecollar
2) some sort of haunted house/fun house walkthrough based on another Bay area icon--the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose (this could tie into the Rose Red miniseries they're running this week on ABC, too; even though that flick is set in Seattle, it pulls from the Winchester legend).

Actually, the Winchester story could've fit in well with the "Tower of Terror" concept, too. Instead of an abandoned hotel in Hollywood, make it a rundown joint on the San Francisco waterfront. The builder believes that as long as he adds on to the hotel, he'll never die. Guests would hear eerie sounds of hammering and sawaing and see the ghostly owner at work. At the end, the ghost saws through the elevator cable and sends you plummeting.

This is a great idea for an attraction. I always wanted things in DCA that are places that highlight the actual state of California. Things like the Winchester house, Hearst Castle, Lombard St., etc. The possibilities are endless! A bustling San Fransisco street filled with cable cars, working resturants, shops, and music could serve as DCA's main street USA, while a monorail stop could be themed as a BART station.