PDA

View Full Version : Eating in DCA - how about some posted hours?

justagrrl
01-29-2002, 07:33 AM
We'd like to try different places to eat at DCA - but they are closed. Now, I know that not every place is always closed like the Chinese food place is, but how about posting some hours? I'd like to know if I have to wait another 15 minutes before getting a taco, or if I should give up because they don't open for another 2 hours. Just a common courtesy for them to let us know when it would be okay to give them some of my cash. I know I know - I ask for alot.

On a different note - I had the Apple Chicken Salad thingie at the sourdough cafe place and it was de-lish! How I love Boudin's bread - even if my kids have fun feeding it to the ducks. Yes, you know you are having a good time in DCA when the kids don't want to leave until they finish feeding the ducks. lol

(Actually, we they like going to DCA - but thought I'd throw in a smart aleck remark anyway.) :)

Mouse
01-29-2002, 06:32 PM
Once I went all the way across the park to Malaburrito(sp) while my friends had gotten EP seats by the entrance just to find that Malaburrito was closed (yeah, I know it's like always closed now but this was the first time I went to it and it wasn't open). We had chicken strips (yuck) which is not satisfying when you are expecting a good beef burrito.

justagrrl
01-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Yeah - they are always closed too. What's up with that? My husband goes over there everytime - hopeful as ever that he'll find the place open.

bluepearl
01-29-2002, 10:31 PM
I have never eaten at Bountiful Valley Farm nor Maliburritos. I don't even know if I've ever seen them open! But this week, they're closed as usual. Fortune Cookie Factory and Lucky Fortune Cookery will be closed this week, too.

Are you looking for specific operating hours? I could post a few if that's what you want.

Rallymonkey23
01-29-2002, 11:03 PM
UUUMMMM, I think that's what he/she was kinda asking for bluepearl. BTW, arte you the nice looking lady in the pic or the stricking young gentleman?? If you are a couple, you look great with eachother.

bluepearl
01-30-2002, 09:51 AM
Oh okees...well, I already mentioned those closed for the rest of the week. Cocina Cucamonga is open from 12-4PM through Thursday; Taste Pilots from 11-6PM through Thursday; Soap Opera Bistro closed through Thursday; Award Wieners 11:30-6PM through Thursday; Hollywood & Dine closed through Thursday.

Not sure what next week's times are going to look like.

Rallymonkey23: I'm the girl in the picture; the guy in the picture used to be in The Power of BLAST but joined the touring cast in January. Thank you for the compliment! :)

justagrrl
01-30-2002, 10:17 AM
What about Between Takes? I read something about Nachos Nachos Nachos and now my dh *has* to go there.

bluepearl
01-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Between Takes is closed for the rest of the week. I myself have never seen it open - for a while I just thought it was some prop in HPB. I get the feeling that it may not be open for a long time, though. Who knows? They may spring a surprise on us and open it up one day!

justagrrl
01-30-2002, 12:39 PM
That's too bad. What about the wine place(s)?

Ya know - the day they don't sell beer will be the day dh decides he's had enough of the place...

But it's too bad that we can't visit some of these other restaraunts - at least on the weekends. It might entice us to spend money we wouldn't otherwise - just to be able to try them out.

And at least Boudin's is open. How I dearly love their bread.

80S ERA
01-30-2002, 01:09 PM
Looks like somebody is putting her cast member reference guide to use!:cool:

bluepearl
01-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Ah...I don't know too much about the beer areas, since I'm not legally able to drink that yet! But when I do, I'm going to head straight to Soap Opera Bistro. ;)

Anyhoo, I've never been in the wine area. Other than the obvious wine, what else is served there? A sit-down restaurant isn't available there, right? The Trattoria is closed through Thursday, but the Bar is open til 6PM tomorrow. I'm gonna take a look this weekend to see if the times change. I know that whenever I'm there, it can be quite a hassle to find out which places to dine at are open or closed.

Wish the official website would list some of that stuff to save me some time! Well, that and develop a less graphics-intensive website for easy navigation. It is possible to have a fantastic website without all the gratuitious graphics/Flash animation!

justagrrl
01-31-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by bluepearl
Ah...I don't know too much about the beer areas, since I'm not legally able to drink that yet! But when I do, I'm going to head straight to Soap Opera Bistro. ;)

I had no idea they served Beer in there. I'll have to check it out.

One more question for ya - if you don't mind - when is the Dole Whip thingie open? I wanted one before we left the other day and no one was there...

bluepearl
01-31-2002, 11:37 AM
I was at the Bistro on the 20th, and I saw one of the waitresses carrying a really huge glass cup of something that looked like beer. I can't remember for sure if it's in the menu.

As for the Tiki Juice Bar, I've noticed it's been open everyday lately. We usually go on Wednesdays and then the weekends and it's been open until 5PM. I'll take a look tonight!

justagrrl
01-31-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
As for the Tiki Juice Bar, I've noticed it's been open everyday lately. We usually go on Wednesdays and then the weekends and it's been open until 5PM. I'll take a look tonight!

Welp - that would explain why it's not open when I get there. If we go during the week, it's in the evening after dh get's off work...at 5pm.

How about on Sunday - what time does it open then - if you know?

We like to go on Sunday mornings when it first opens before the place gets too busy...

bluepearl
01-31-2002, 03:18 PM
The Tiki Juice Bar doesn't open until 12PM. Sometimes my friends and I pass through Adventureland early in the morning, craving a Float, but they don't open til 12, so we're left to wander before it opens. At least it's open period - for a while there, they were only open on the weekends (or at least it seemed like it!).