PDA

View Full Version : My evening at DLR

evrythngwmn
06-02-2005, 04:06 AM
It's days like today that make me glad I'm a CM and my friends are passholders.

We got to DLR at about 5p and went to DCA. Showed my friends the Monsters construction wall and then went to ToT. The line was 40 mins and so we skipped it. Looked through the Tower shop for a bit and then moved on. My friends stopped to look in Off the Page (can we say big shoppers) while I went and got a soda at Award Weiners. Even though there were only about three people ahead of me it took awhile because the people at the head of the line didn't speak English.

We moved on to Greetings and then stopped for minute to watch watch Block Party Bash. Next we went to check out the wait for Soarin. It too was 40 mins and we decided to skip it (can we say spoiled by short lines). Since it was getting close to closing we decided to just park it by Golden Dreams and watch the next stop of BPB. The show took longer to get to us than normal. Once it arrived we realized it was because the Bugs garbage float must have had problems. It was being pulled by a tugger. This made it kind of amusing in that the driver just sat there looking bored while all these high energy people danced around him. I like this show and found a new element to enjoy, watching grown ups dance badly. :~D I know, I'm mean but my friends and I thought some of the people around us were pretty entertaining.

We headed over to DL and went immediately to see the First 50 magical years. I pointed out the hidden Walt in the castle to my friends. Thanks Bradk. ;)

After that we went and got fastpass for Buzz. Once we had them we fought the after parade crowd to get to New Orleans Square for food. We should have stayed put. We got to the other side to find everything but Stagedoor and Royal St. Veranda closed and it wasn't even eight o'clock. Not wanting either of those we schlepped back to the Plaza Inn.

For the first time in my life I waited in an actual line just to get in the door. While we waited I caught my friend's husband up with the state of DLR foods. When we reached the dessert/salad island a CM came out with a tray of fresh strawberry shortcakes. My friend asked if we could have one. The CM without making eye contact told her no that she'd have to take one off the counter. She then quickly shoved the tray of desserts into a fridge under the counter. My friend's husband used to work at the Plaza Inn back in the 80s and just couldn't believe her attitude and how badly things were being run.

We finished dinner and got onto Main St. by 8:30. Found a pretty good spot in the center behind the hub. My friend's husband was asking what the big deal was, it's just fireworks. Without giving much away I told them that we had to be able to see the castle and the Matterhorn. Being the Disneynuts that I know they both are I told them they would love the show. He was being a naysayer and kept saying, it's just fireworks.

The people next to us overheard us and asked for advice since we sounded like we knew the park. They were visiting from Boise, ID and had two more days to see the park. They wanted to know if the parades were worth watching. I told them a little about the two shows and showed them pictures on my digital camera. After seeing the pics they decided to add them to their agenda.

During the fireworks my friend's husband just kept oohing and ohmigoshing. When it was over I said, so it's just a fireworks show. He did admit he really enjoyed it. I can so totally watch Remember over and over. Afterward we went to Buzz to use our fastpasses. We all got level three but I was at the low end and they were both almost to level four. Rode the Jungle Cruise next and got to ride the gold boat. :D We did get wet. The new changes are pretty cool. Our skipper sucked though. She sounded like she'd had a long day.

Since we still had a bit of time before park closing we checked out the Adventureland and Frontierland shops. At ten we went and perused the Main St. shops and then called it a night. Other than our foods moment it was a nice night overall. The best part is I get to go again on Saturday with other friends.

Mommy2NicknMax
06-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! :D

Have fun Saturday!!!

Disney Vault
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
This makes me want to go to the resort so bad! I was there in December and with all this 50th stuff there are so many new things to see and do.

CoasterChickie
06-02-2005, 03:15 PM
What did you think of the Steamboat Willie collage? We saw it clos up at first so we couldn't tell what it was. Then we saw it from the train station platform and went "Ooooh-ahhhhh!" :D

They did a great job on the 50 years movie, didn't they?

evrythngwmn
06-03-2005, 08:11 AM
What did you think of the Steamboat Willie collage? We saw it clos up at first so we couldn't tell what it was. Then we saw it from the train station platform and went "Ooooh-ahhhhh!" :D

They did a great job on the 50 years movie, didn't they?

Yeah we had the same experience with Steamboat Willie. We were standing right next to it and a CM mentioned to us that it was Steamboat Willie. Even looking at it from a distance we still couldn't see it. Then my friend took a pic of it and it was really visible in the picture.

I like the 50th movie. I'm trying to think of how to convince the friends I'm taking tomorrow that they need to see it. They're not the Disney nuts that I am.

GrimmGreen
06-03-2005, 09:42 AM
We headed over to DL and went immediately to see the First 50 magical years. I pointed out the hidden Walt in the castle to my friends. Thanks Bradk.

wha???

bradk
06-03-2005, 09:47 AM
oh wow, i didn't even see that. no problem :)

for those that don't like to be surprised

http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/562633/8/23499287 is a photo where the 'hidden walt' is (you can kind of see him) and the next photo is a closer shot of him.