PDA

View Full Version : DL getting rid of Indiana Jones ride?

Pages : [1] 2

Dani
06-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Howdy, folks-
Heard a rumor DL is to destroy "Indiana Jones" and move it to WDW?!
Can anyone please verify this for me? I really hope it isn't true...it's my favorite ride! :confused:

disneyperson
06-01-2005, 06:35 PM
My educated guess? It's a big ol' LIE! Someone got you good.

bradk
06-01-2005, 06:41 PM
not MOVING to WDW. I think it would be more expensive to dismantle an attraction and move and reassemble it somewhere else than it would be to just build another from scratch and that's assuming there are no restrictions on space, which are obviously very different priorities between DLR and WDW.

all that said, it's been mentioned that WDW may get a copy of IJA. as it is, they essentially have the same mechanical ride in Dinosaur, although it's themed differently and pales so much in comparison to IJA that they're just going to bring in IJA (I don't know the fate of Dinosaur if they do this). it hasn't even been mentioned (to my knowledge) where IJA will end up in WDW, so they might even just end up re-theming Dinosaur

Mark Goldhaber
06-01-2005, 07:18 PM
The rumor is that they'll build a new IJA ride on either the current location of the Indy stunt show or the area directly behind it. Lots of stories, nothing confirmed yet. In either case, if they build it at WDW, it will be new construction. There's no way that they're going to pull an E-ticket from Disneyland when they need them so badly.

HorizonsA
06-01-2005, 08:17 PM
I just think that Indiana Jones Adventure is too much of a popular ride and too much of a classic to just close it. Indiana Jones is probably almost at the same level of popularity as Splash Mountain, always long lines and Fastpasses are sold out long before closing hours. No, I don't believe it, it's too much of a classic, just as Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion are.

disNeytEen
06-01-2005, 08:20 PM
They could go the painful thought way of transplanting a ride from DL to WDW and then put another E-ticket ride in the old Indy spot, or another stupid tree, one of the other

Disney Vault
06-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I always wonder how rumors get started like this.

Can you imagine how upset people would get if they took this away from DL? That is personally my favorite ride at the resort.

Disneyfreak
06-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Wow the worst rumor of all time. That is as false as they come.

Dani
06-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, y'all...I can sleep well tonight :)
Anyways, I heard the rumor on themeparkinsider.com...had me scared for a second... :p

AB29
06-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Howdy, folks-
Heard a rumor DL is to destroy "Indiana Jones" and move it to WDW?!
Can anyone please verify this for me? I really hope it isn't true...it's my favorite ride! :confused:
I heard that they are dismantling all of DL and moving it to WDW and they will be shipping it over on Disney Magic when they are finished in LA....how's that one???...... :~D

sdfilmcritic
06-02-2005, 03:11 AM
FYI: Disney doesn't remove major attractions. They just Xerox major attractions. ;)

disneyhound
06-02-2005, 07:13 AM
I heard that they are dismantling all of DL and moving it to WDW and they will be shipping it over on Disney Magic when they are finished in LA....how's that one???...... :~D

Yea, I heard that too! Also, when they re-assemble space mountain, it will include a double loop... ;)

tinkluver
06-02-2005, 07:18 AM
FYI: Disney doesn't remove major attractions. They just Xerox major attractions. ;)
Ain't that the truth! :D

ZenMickey
06-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Oh no, they DO remove. Carousel of Progress anyone??

bradk
06-02-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure if you're just missing CoP or you're implying it was taken apart and moved to WDW. I don't believe that was the case, I believe it was copied for WDW.

Klutch
06-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure if you're just missing CoP or you're implying it was taken apart and moved to WDW. I don't believe that was the case, I believe it was copied for WDW.

Actually, I think ZenMickey is correct. Although another rotating theater was built at WDW MK, I'm pretty sure the show elements and animatronics were indeed moved from DL and installed in the new theater.

After CoP was removed from the rotating theater at DL, America Sings was installed. After a good run, many of the show elements from America Sings were removed from the rotating theater and installed in nearby Splash Mountain.

Of course, we all know what happened to the rotating theater after that...

Oh, and by the way, I think Dinosaur! at AK is top notch! It's not quite on par with IJA, but it's a spankin' good ride!

bradk
06-02-2005, 09:22 AM
i stand corrected, there's a 2 year lapse between the time it was closed in DLR and the time it opened at WDW, so it's very possible it was moved afterall

mkcbunny
06-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I also liked Dinosaur when I finally went to WDW last year. It's clearly the same technology as IJA, but agree that Dinosaur is not as complex or stimulalting. [For one thing, it's MUCH to dark and needs a boost in contrast, color, and lighting - but it's fun.]

WDW certainly has room for both. Dino is at the Animal Kingdom, whereas Indy would probably best fit at MGM, replacing the stunt show previously mentioned. So the addition of Indy probably wouldn't affect Dino at all. That said, Indy could be worked into the Animal Kingdom based on its adventure theming, but it wouldn't make as much sense to have two similar rides like that in one park [vs. two different parks]. Plus, they are spending all their Animal Kingdom time and money on Expedition Everest at the moment, and I doubt they are going to put any additional new-ride funds into AK until that coaster is completed.

No, I am not stalking you, bradk. :)

bradk
06-02-2005, 09:35 AM
i was just proposing whether it made sense to have 2 of essentially the same rides, just themed differently, even if it is in two parks. it'd obviously be cheaper to just re-theme dinosaur, but it does make much less sense to have ija in ak.

look at all this time i'm spending on here still and even getting my photos up too!

ZenMickey
06-02-2005, 09:36 AM

Both! I do miss CoP- but it was most definetely moved to WDW.

But I am sure Indy is staying right where it is.

disneyperson
06-02-2005, 11:08 AM
i stand corrected, there's a 2 year lapse between the time it was closed in DLR and the time it opened at WDW, so it's very possible it was moved afterall
It's not very possible. It was.

BooBooFett
06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Seems more like a tardy April fool's joke than a solid rumor - especially with Indy 4 getting greenlit by George Lucas yesterday! Huzahh!!!!!

Mark Goldhaber
06-02-2005, 08:10 PM
i was just proposing whether it made sense to have 2 of essentially the same rides, just themed differently, even if it is in two parks.
Dumbo/Astro Orbiter/Magic Carpets of Aladdin/TriceraTops Spin (WDW)
Snow White's Scary Adventures/Pinocchio's Daring Journey/Mr. Toad's Wild Ride/Alice in Wonderland (DLR)
it's a small world/El Rio Del Tiempo/Maelstrom/Pirates of the Caribbean
and so on. Or were you referring to the track layout, as well?

Oh, and the rumor about adding an IJA ride of some version or another at the Studios is a solid rumor, but I haven't heard anything about it getting a green light yet. If it does happen, it will be new construction, not a transfer from DLR.

bradk
06-02-2005, 08:18 PM
you have a point with the dumbo type rides, but i really think the others differ enough so that they can co-exist. and on that note, i really don't get why there are multiple dumbo type rides other than the fact that it potentially adds relief since they're all slow loading anyway.

i just mean that, for example, when you ride small world, you don't say 'hey, this vehicle operates the same as it does in pirates!' i mean, maybe you do, but it shouldn't really be a sore point. but so many people have pointed out the obviousness of the similiarities between IJA and dinosaur, it just might seem repetitive. but i guess as you pointed out, it's not without its precedent.

and yes, i do mean the track layout to a point. i don't know if the two are exactly the same, but doesn't dinosaur even have its own version of the boulder?

SCUBAbe
06-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I heard they are going to close DL and move all the attractions to a new park in China. It costs to much to operate in california..;)