PDA

View Full Version : Silly question... who's going in July

disneymeimei
06-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I was getting a kick out of the threads for other months but not July (unless I missed it).

So, who is going in July ;)

We are!!!

We will be staying at the Grand this trip. Resort view, coffee on the deck, night lights from the park. The walk to the DLH in the summer is just too much for one of my daughters. With the crowds at the park we will be spending a fair amount of time at the hotel pool and grounds. Oh...I can't wait....

After reading about the food service, we will be packing food/snacks along with our DL clothes!

Let's hear it for July travelers... :cool:

Disneymeimei

mystycalchyk
06-01-2005, 11:33 AM
we are :)

we will be staying most decidedly NOT at the Grand. No view, no deck, and lights only from the parking lot and the occasional police cruiser screaming by. With the park as crowded as it's going to be we will be spending no time at the hotel pool and I dont think there are any 'grounds' to speak of....we will be in the middle of the melee of foolish crowd mongers..

We will most definitely pack snacks and DL clothes though :D

Let's hear it for the poor July travelers! :D'

*tongue very frimly placed in cheek* ;)

CoasterChickie
06-01-2005, 12:05 PM
DLF and his gang, me and my gang and Renta and her gang will all be going in July and staying at the Hojo's. I don't know about the others, but I have no intention of going into the park on the 17th as I do not like big crowds!! I always pack Disney clothes and I always take my own water , soda and snacks, but I also always break down and buy some meals in the park too!!

MartyLuvsTigger
06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
going the day after d-land's birthday. :D
SPACE MOUNTAIN WILL BE OPEN whoo whoo

rentayenta
06-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Me me me!!!!

Like CC said. We'll be with her and Tif and Mukta and DLF and disneyperson and Niwel and their gangs and whoever will have us. :D

I'm with CC re: the 17th. I did May 5th and have no desire to do it again. Looks like the perfect day for DCA or the HoJo pool. Ooo, and maybe an MP meet. Any details on that yet?

bukah
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
i am.. i am... and i can't wait....

going between the 4th and the 17th... so.. hopefully it won't be too bad..
wait.. what a i talking about.. of course it will be busy............... i think i must be nuts

MrsPooh
06-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Looks like I am going to miss you all. I was invitied to the big bash with DLF and Chickie and Renta, but I have this STUPID wedding we have to go to before, and can't come any sooner. We will be there 7/27 thru 7/31.

I know, a day late and a dollar short! :rolleyes:

Did I mention that wedding is STUPID??

I know, I have mentioned it before.....nah, no bitterness here! :rolleyes:

I'll go to my corner now!

Darkbeer
06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Deogge's Mom and myself will be at HoJo's for the July 17th weekend...

Looks like checking in on Friday the 15th, and checkout on the 18th...

I am hosting some gatherings that weekend, so far it looks like...

Friday, 6:30 PM at the Cove Bar in DCA, timed so folks can see the 3rd stop of Blcok Party Bash then come over...

Friday, 10 PM to Midnight, drinks at the HoJo's Pool area

Saturday, 6 PM at the Lost Bar, this allows folks that don't have a Premium AP to stop by and say Hi.

Saturday night, 11 PM till Midnight, "Darkbeer's Bar" at the HoJo Pool area

Sunday July 17th, 1 PM at Plaza Gardens Stage area....

(Note, the above meets are not in any way associated with MousePlanet, MousePad or any other internet board, just myself and a few friends planning a chance to sit and say hi to others...)

Other meets I know of..

The traditional Sunday Noon meet at the Central Plaza (aka Hub)

Saturday night, 8 PM, Disneyland Hotel, another board has a large gathering and Dinner, tickets required.

Hope to see you there.....

jrsharp21
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
My brother and I should be there July 15-18th. Flying in (or planning to) early morning on July 15th and leaving Monday night.

If you are going into the park on the 17th, what time is everyone planning to line up? Is DCA going to be open to camp out?

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
06-01-2005, 01:39 PM
My friend and I are flying down for a mere 36 hours, but it's so worth it! We arrive at 8:20 am on July 26th and leave at 8:30 p.m. on July 27th. It's not a lot of time, but we're leaving the kids at home so we can travel light. I haven't been in the summer in ages (we usually go in January or October)--I'll have to break out the sunscreen and an extra doce of patience.

Have fun everyone! :cool:

disneymeimei
06-01-2005, 02:11 PM
DLF and his gang, me and my gang and Renta and her gang will all be going in July and staying at the Hojo's. I don't know about the others, but I have no intention of going into the park on the 17th as I do not like big crowds!! I always pack Disney clothes and I always take my own water , soda and snacks, but I also always break down and buy some meals in the park too!!

Oh, CC, from the sounds of Renta's post we will miss you. We don't arrive until the 23rd. I keep thinking how insane we are for going then, but the lure of the park was too strong... We have been in June and said, never again. We have been in August and said never again. After this trip I will probably add July to the never again list.

Not to self, add to packing list:

Water fan
Aleve
Hoop skirt to allow me personal space.

Off to make reservations for breakfast, lunch and dinner...

Leash81
06-01-2005, 02:50 PM
I am!!! :D
We will also be staying at the Grand, the 7th-12th. We will be staying on the concierge level but alas the only view they had left was of the courtyard. We will not be packing any snacks since we will be taking full advantage of the concierge lounge but we will of course be packing Disney clothes!
36 days to go, yippie!!!! :D

disneyperson
06-01-2005, 05:59 PM
We will be with the DLf, Mukta, Renta , and CC gangs in July.But unlike C.C.and Renta ,we will be no where else BUT Dsineyland on the 17th. That's the whole point of going that week. Hopeless geeks,that's us.
we'll be there again at the end of August for batsday.

lovegrumpy
06-01-2005, 07:19 PM
We are going july 4th tru the 9th. We are staying at thePark inn Anaheim. I'm so hopping that its a good hotel. We already have resrvation(sp) for disney breakfest at dgc on the 5th at 8:40. WE are taking a break for a day and are going to sea world on july 6th. Then the last three days it straight DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlbertaMinnie
06-02-2005, 10:16 AM
We are!!!! 17th - 24th! Can't wait!

Staying at the Carousel. Semi Park view, coffee in my room, no deck, hot rooftop pool....hmmmm, but who cares, I'm only there to sleep for a few hours while Disney closes for the night! ha ha! Can't wait. Should be a blast! Can't wait! Driving down this time and should be interesting! Did I mention I Can't wait!

dws_60
06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
my daughter, my brother, his son and wife are staying at the PPH from july 22nd to 24th! they have a medieval times dinner on the 22nd at 6:30pm... they ll be accomodated on a resort view with concierge level and on the 24th, they will enjoy Lilo and Stitch breakfast.
David

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-02-2005, 11:11 AM
The tods will be there the 17th, natch. We're at the Castle Inn.

mad4mky
06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I would never usually go in July...BUT...the National Down syndrome Congress Convention is being held right across the street at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Two great things so close to each other. You bet I am gonna be there! :D

pokeypoke
06-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Pokey and partner will be there July 16th thru July 23. I will be taking my 2 nieces, 13 and 16, from Kansas City, MO. This will be their first trip to a Disney park. I have given the girls an extended "Disneyland 101" course on proper "Disneyland manners/respect" and how to discover the "magic" of what Disneyland represents. They can hardly wait! Despite the crowds..., NIETHER CAN I!!!!

Pokey :D