PDA

View Full Version : CastMember on "Clean Sweep"

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2005, 06:06 AM
A couple of days ago, I watched an episode of "Clean Sweep" on TLC. This one was the story of Colleen and Gil Juarez who live in a 1,000 square foot home with their two daughters.

If you are not familiar with this show, it is generally the same formula every time. A house is so full of clutter, stuff and debris that you can't walk through it, you can't live in it and so the Clean Sweep team comes in, helps them get rid of all of the unnecessary stuff and gives them back their house (2 rooms actually) in a much cleaner and sane condition.

What was interesting about this show is that Gil had a large collection of Disney Memorabilia. He was attached to it all. Things like a pen given to Cast Members at the DCA opening of ToT, and tons of other stuff. He had to get rid of most of it because they just don't have room for it. Sometimes it comes down to your stuff versus everyone else in the house. It struck me as sad that he had all of this stuff, but it was all stuffed in plastic Disney bags and just scattered all over.

Wouldn't it be better to have a few prized pieces properly displayed than it would to have hundreds of trinkets that you have no place for?

Anyhow, it sounded like he worked at DLR.. either currently or formerly and he was caught up in all of the Disneybilia. Sounds like some of the posters here. I'd love to see where all of the Disney stuff is displayed in the homes of those who just have to get something every time out.. ;)

bradk
06-01-2005, 06:18 AM
I saw it too. I don't know what I was missing, but it was kind of sad. He was referring to everything as collectibles, which I can't consider the glaring large mickey hands to be and he was fighting over things he saw sold at shows for a whopping $5. I'm sure there were better things in the collection, but it did seem odd that it was just all stuck in baskets in large, unorganized masses.

Earkid
06-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Here is a thread from the Entertainment section where we discussed this episode from the show. :)