PDA

View Full Version : Preium AP Holders What do you think?

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfun
06-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Okay Now that I am learning about all of the Goodies and extra things one can get when getting packages through AAA or other tour groups, I am getting a little frustrated!

I would love to take my daughter to the Mickey's ToonTown Madness. But it is by specail ticket only for those who have these package deals.
Okay I think it is great that they give a little extra to those who come so far from out of town. I have no problem with the enchanted fast pass because If I can not get on a ride I can go anther day.
And I realize people are spending tons of money to come down for their few days of Disneyland and they want to get the most they can.
But at the same time THe amount of money my family spends there is equilivant or more. WHen you figure we each have a preimum pass. We eat one meal at a sit down resturant every time, like BB or Carnation, OR Storytellers.
We buy gifts every time. Just the last time we spent over $100 just on stuff in the gift shop.
Twice a year we buy new shirts. ..
So my point is we too spend the money.
They have raised the Premium pass to a sky high price, but Yet I still pay for it. That is my choice I know.
But, I was thinking that one of the benifits to the Premium aught to be a one day early entry pass and one Mickey's Toontown Madness pass. And maybe even a one day enchanted fast pass. I am not asking for the whole year that defeats the purpuse or to do this for every type of pass but why not the Premium?
Just a one time use. To also feel like you are first class.
Just one day. I do not think that is asking too much. So what does everyone else who has a PAP think? I am considering writing this suggestion. Or going this weekend and talk to someone in person. Sure it will get me no where but at least I will feel like I have expressed my self.

DisneyDustin22
06-01-2005, 07:30 AM
Your point is valid and I do support it completely. I too often spend money in addition to what I have already spent on the Premium Pass. Like you said, whether it be dining or shopping or what have you. But I think in the long run, we get the advantage over other non passholders by having the luxury to just come and go as we please. I have found myself driving back to Los Angeles from San Diego on a hot summer day a few times and suddenly bolting off the freeway, just so I can stop and pick up a Dole Whip. Other times, after a long week at work, on a friday night, making a quick run down to the park to here some jazz in NOS or listen to Rod play the piano. So I think having that luxury, in my opinion, is enough to set it apart from others, and yes, sometimes I do wish some more perks came with it. But when I can make plans to do something for the evening and have it not just be a movie, or dinner, or bowling or what not, and I can hop over to the happiest place on earth for a few hours, then I take that as a luxury most don't have.

cstephens
06-01-2005, 07:53 AM
But, I was thinking that one of the benifits to the Premium aught to be a one day early entry pass and one Mickey's Toontown Madness pass. And maybe even a one day enchanted fast pass.

I disagree. I think the premium pass gives you plenty, and I think it's well worth it. If you think about how many premium pass holders there are, giving out the kinds of passes you suggest would overwhelm the system. Each kind of ticket media has its benefits. Not all of them include the same benefits. I don't get the feeling like you are "first class" thing.

hlbtimes2
06-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I disagree. I think the premium pass gives you plenty, and I think it's well worth it. If you think about how many premium pass holders there are, giving out the kinds of passes you suggest would overwhelm the system. Each kind of ticket media has its benefits. Not all of them include the same benefits. I don't get the feeling like you are "first class" thing.

I totally agree with you. Everyone is given the choice of ticket type. You decide which benefits best fit your needs. You could, rather then buy a PAP, get a parkhopper and a couple nights in a hotel- you would get the EE and Toontown deal- but you would miss out on being able to visit when ever the urge hits, discounts on food and merch.

Its sort of the same as me choosing to visit during the off season. I choose to come when the days are shorter and more things are closed for refurb., but its the choice I make. I pay the same price as someone coming to the park (yes, the hotel is cheaper, but the park entrance isnt) in the peak season who has long days and more rides opperating. Its also the same choice you are given between booking a package through AAA or disney travel or booking on your own or through an online travel service. I could have save a few bucks, but I would have given up something. All about choices.

Leap for Joy
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
The easiest way to get one EE day and one Mickey's Toontown Madness would be to buy a parkhopper and then upgrade it to a PAP, rather than directly renewing your AP each time.

bradk
06-01-2005, 08:45 AM
the hopper will only get you EE, not toontown madness. you need to book a vacation with a 2 night minimum to get the package that includes toontown madness. but of course this practice would limit you to EE once a year and you'd sacrifice any renewal discounts you might get when renewing your AP.

bottom line, EE is virtually useless to an AP holder. by definition, if you're at the park enough to justify an AP, an hour early a year at a portion of the park won't be of much use to you. in fact, it'd hurt those who aren't AP holders.

toontown madness is another story, since it's a virtual exclusive to those who don't have APs and there's no practical way for an AP holder to experience it or anything like it.

Disneyfun
06-01-2005, 08:48 AM
The easiest way to get one EE day and one Mickey's Toontown Madness would be to buy a parkhopper and then upgrade it to a PAP, rather than directly renewing your AP each time.
SO you can get a MTM by just buying a park Hopper? If that is true THenI would do that!

Before I got my Pass I would by a ticket like everyone else. But would never dream of staying at one of the hotels when I lived with in walking distance of the park.I really do not care about the Fast pass at all. I personally never evenuse fast passes becuase One I have a small child and can not go on the bigger rides with her and two. I always figure I can go one those rides on other days.
I think it is nice that that have this option for people out of town. But something like MTM well that is never done at any other time NOr is the any other way of buying this. But if it is as simple as buying a park hopper than that is dueable.

Thanks for everyone comments. It has given me food for thought. ANd made me think about things. That is what I like about this forum you can express something and get lots of others opions and then you can make a wise choice.
Thanks everyone! :D

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2005, 08:53 AM

Excellent point here.. this would solve the original poster's dilemma.

I would disagree that the Premium Annual Pass is "Sky High" however. I know people who spend far more and get far less on things such as season tix for a basketball team. The cheap nosebleed seats at ARCO Arena are $1078 for 44 games.. that's only about 132 Hours of entertainment compared to the variety and possible hours of fun you could do at Disneyland in a year.

Anything under $500 for the premium annual pass is a steal as far as I'm concerned.

I see that right now I can buy a 5-Day Parkhopper for the sale price of $169. The premium annual pass is basically double that.. But instead of 10 days in the park if I bought Parkhoppers, I can spend over 36 times that amount. Seems a no-brainer if I were able to go more often than once per year, I'd definitely consider it.

bradk
06-01-2005, 08:56 AM
again, just to clarify (just so it doesn't go missed), the hopper will not get you MTM. all the hopper bonus gets you aside from entry into the parks is early entry for one day and a $10 gamecard at the ESPN Zone

as far as pricing of the PAP goes, it all depends on how much the discounts and parking and other benefits will serve you. from the school of darkbeer, no family should really need more than one PAP holder since it only takes one PAP to get all the benefits for everyone. the rest of the family can get by with lesser APs.

hlbtimes2
06-01-2005, 08:56 AM
No, you cant get MTM with a park hopper. You have to stay 2 nights at a hotel. Or, you might be able to pick one up on Ebay- rare, but possible.

Or

Yeah, what bradk said. LOL

Leap for Joy
06-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Ah, thanks for the correction! I have an AP so I've missed the details on MTM.

mystycalchyk
06-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Anything under $500 for the premium annual pass is a steal as far as I'm concerned.

Oh gosh...bite your tongue. Someone at Disney mught hear you! :eek: Egads....paying $329 is plenty! Especially since they have gone up so much in the last 2 years alone.

We have PAP's but we dont get to go 365 days a year...or even once a week...or even once a month or once every other month....we usually only get to go one time a year (this year is an exception) but because of when that one time is, a regular pass wont work for us because it's got crucial days blocked.
It is cheaper for us to get the PAPs than to buy regular park hopper passes for 10 days, (but admittedly not a ton cheaper) and we spend plenty during that time in merchandise. (the last trip we spent upwards of $1000 in merchandise alone....not food....merchandise) But I cant see forking over $500 apiece for them. Thats insanity.

I dont ask to be treated special, or 'first class', but good grief I dont want to be robbed either!

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2005, 10:05 AM
What would you think of a monthly pass... unlimited entry for 30 days from the time you buy it with all of the popular features and benefits of the parkhopper. I'd price it around $200.. Any 30 day period, no blackouts.

mystycalchyk
06-01-2005, 10:25 AM
What would you think of a monthly pass... unlimited entry for 30 days from the time you buy it with all of the popular features and benefits of the parkhopper. I'd price it around $200.. Any 30 day period, no blackouts.

I wouldnt utilise it....but thats just me, perhaps others would.
We just wouldnt because with the PAP I get parking (although we rarely driuve but if we do we like this feature), plus disconts for purchases, which for us is a help.....we buy more if we save more :)
I suppose maybe then one of us could get the PAP and one could utilise the 30 day pass, so as to get the parking and discounts associated with the PAP if that were the case....but the PAP has been nice this year...since we have been able to join in in the birthday celebrations, and had we not had the PAPs we couldnt. But again, this year is an oddity.

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
I guess my thought process was for helping out those folks who make a real vacation out of visiting Southern California - and want to go for two weeks or more.. Disneyland for a couple of Days, San Diego, Beaches, Palm Springs, back to Disneyland for a couple more days.. maybe even one of the Disney Properties is their home base hotel..

An earlier post where someone was needing 10 days.. and so 2 of the 5 day parkhoppers was the same price as a premium annual pass.. I was thinking that an in-betweener long vacation pass - good for a month - would be an interesting option.

Just a thought. :)

disney jones
06-01-2005, 01:57 PM
.... no family should really need more than one PAP holder since it only takes one PAP to get all the benefits for everyone. the rest of the family can get by with lesser APs.to a point - we are a one PAP family for the discounts, but the girls don't get ALL the benefits i get - i can go every Saturday this summer as the PAP, but they can't - without paying $30 each every Saturday.

And to the OP, yes i regret not having EE or MTM made available - what i think would be nice and fair if they made these benefits available to APs for a one time price.

hlbtimes2
06-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure there would be much of a benefit to that type pass over a regular a/p that is $209. The only thing would be the couple of block out dates, but if someone was going to be in the area for that length of time I would think they could plan enough flexibilty into the vacation to work around the block outs. Or they could start with a park hopper, and upgrade. Starting with a park hopper would give them a few non-blocked dates. Or a regular a/p with the $30 blocked day pass if they had to. I guess what I'm saying is, there are already options that would cover whats needed.

mystycalchyk
06-01-2005, 02:06 PM
An earlier post where someone was needing 10 days.. and so 2 of the 5 day parkhoppers was the same price as a premium annual pass.. I was thinking that an in-betweener long vacation pass - good for a month - would be an interesting option.

Just a thought. :)

That was me. We usually spend that much time at Disney during Christmas and New years, and yes, we actually spend every day in Disneyland (DCA for one day). We dont usually have a car and we just walk to the park everyday. I know some people wouldnt understand it but thats our yearly Disney fix and we suck up as much as we can.

Disneyfun
06-01-2005, 02:18 PM
to a point - we are a one PAP family for the discounts, but the girls don't get ALL the benefits i get - i can go every Saturday this summer as the PAP, but they can't - without paying $30 each every Saturday.
Also the girls would not be able to go during Thanksgiving weekend (Which is when my family members from N. CAlif. Come Nor the Week between CHristmas and NEw years. Which is a great week for visitors who come as well. Sooooo One for a PAP does not work. We tried getting only one PAP this year because of the huge price increase and we have ended up upgradeing them all.

And to the OP, yes i regret not having EE or MTM made available - what i think would be nice and fair if they made these benefits available to APs for a one time price.
My thought exactly. I would be willing to pay a one time fee and even pick between certain dates. I would just like the option. THat all. Just the option.

bradk
06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
to a point - we are a one PAP family for the discounts, but the girls don't get ALL the benefits i get - i can go every Saturday this summer as the PAP, but they can't - without paying $30 each every Saturday.

yes, that's true, but realistically, how many typical families go EVERY weekend? especially in the busy season. obviously if that were the case, then it should be PAPs all around, but I can't believe that'd be a typical situation.

lauras5boys
06-01-2005, 03:31 PM
If you live near disney it's a pain to only have one PAP because everyone else has major blackout dates. it's amazing how many blackout dates they now have.

Disneyfun
06-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Okay just as a heads up I called the park and found out that oyu could by a ticket on line if you get it three days early then you could get an early entry pass with out having to buy a resort package deal.
But the only way to get Mickey Toontown Madness is through a resort deal.
Just though I would share the info.

Courtney Anne
06-02-2005, 12:33 AM
enchanted fast pass ?
toontown madness ?

what are these two things ?

Disneyfun
06-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Enchanted fasdt pass you can get through triple A Auto club. If allows you to get more than one fass pas at a time. Very helpful on those busy days.

Mickey's ToonTown Madness. Is a special Prade and Show for those who have a ticket who purchaused a package deal through magic kingdom and is stay for three or more night!

hlbtimes2
06-02-2005, 07:30 AM
enchanted fast pass ?
toontown madness ?

what are these two things ?

The fast pass is actually "enhanced" not enchanted. And it means that you are able to get fast pass for more then one ride at a time. No need to wait for one to expire before you get another. You have to book through AAA and being staying at one of the Disney hotels to get it.

Toontown madness is a special morning in toontown. Toontown usually opens one hour after park opening. If you have the pass you can get in at opening. There is photo ops with characters, a little parade, everyone gets toontown citizen stickers, etc. Bradk posted a great thread about it yesterday. If you look back a page or so you should be able to find it. If you book through disney travel or AAA you will get the pass.