PDA

View Full Version : Details on Mickey's Toontown Madness

bradk
05-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Mickey's Toontown madness? It that on any schedules? If so where If not when is it? Is it for EE people only or all? It Looks like something I would like to take my daughter to. We useually go later in the day 10:00 or 2:00 But Lately i am likeing the idea of getting there for rope drop. SHould I head straight to TOon town? IN other words Any info on MTM would be helpful. EIther PM me or feel free to start a new topic on it. Other might want ot know too

First the bad news. Mickey's Toontown Madness requires passes that normally are only obtained when you book a vacation package through WDTC or AAA.

As you may know, Toontown normally opens an hour after the rest of the park. On the same days as EE (but this event is exclusive of EE, even though the two can be done on the same day), those with passes to Mickey's Toontown Madness get to enter Toontown an hour before it's open to the public.

While the entire land is open and attractions are running, the highlights are that Mickey is immediately available for photo-ops. Around 20 after the hour, there's a parade in which all the citizens of Toontown march down the street and then hold a meeting at City Hall where they first make some family honorary citizens of Toontown (sort of like how Disneyland selects a family to open the park) and give them some sort of rolled up document which I assume states as much. Then all the guests are announced as being honorary citizens of toontown for the day and are given buttons (i will be posting a photo of the button on my pictures site within the next couple of days).

After the ceremony, all the fab five are available for photo ops as well. And the big pay off is that there's so relatively few people in the area. Whereas Mickey and Minnie's house typically have a queue time approaching 30 minutes each and Gadget's Go Coaster's line gets ridiculously long, everything is pretty much a walk-on and you can knock out the entire area within 40 minutes including the ceremony.

Disneyfun
06-01-2005, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the info! BRadK I knew you would come through.
I am very sad It is only the AAA or other special packages.

Crazy4DL
06-01-2005, 07:06 AM
thanks for the info, bradk. We have the ToonTown Morning Madness for our trip in August. It is good to hear from you exactly how it works. :)

bradk
06-01-2005, 07:12 AM
oh, and here's my tip for getting through the ceremony:

there are tables and chairs all around city hall, so you'll find people finding a spot shortly before the ceremony begins. don't follow their lead - sitting at disneyland is for wimps.

the parade comes down along the street and all those people facing city hall are going to miss it, unless they turn around, and even then, they're pretty far from it all.

there's a gazebo in front of city hall (right in the middle too) which (at least in my case) remains near empty and is open on both the sides of city hall and the street where the parade comes down. stake out a spot on the gazebo and when the parade starts, run down to watch it and get close, then go back to the gazebo to watch the ceremony. you have to stand, but the ceremony is only ~15 minutes anyway.

in my photo album, the parade photos were taken in the street and the ceremony photos were taken from the gazebo.

Disneyfun
06-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I am still amzed this was your first trip. How you knew to do everything just right is amazing! Thanks for sharing though. It is helpful to us less informed.

pisces
06-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Ok, I'm confused. As usual.

Is this a new thing for this year? I'm looking at my 2004 confirmation and see nothing about Toontown. I did everything through AAA, though ala carte.

I know this has probably been asked and answered. But for the slow among us: Is there anyway to see the Toontown ceremony without buying a package?

bradk
06-06-2005, 07:21 AM
yes, it started this year along with early entry. if you bought a package prior to 2005 for this year, you might want to try to contact your travel agent and see if you can arrange for toontown madness passes.

the only legitimate means to get them is through a package. otherwise you might get lucky enough to spot them on ebay every now and then.