PDA

View Full Version : RE: AAA Enchanced FASTPASS Package

CrazyMouse
05-31-2005, 03:31 PM
I am sorry if there are other topics about this. But i was wondering if anyone knows the vacation package price from AAA, that give the tickets for Disneyland the enchanced fastpass option. I'm going in August for 3 or 4 days and i live in San Diego. Hope anyone can help clear this for me because i got AAA membership just to get a package with the enchanced fastpass option.

P.S. If you guys can tell me what i get in the vacation package that would be great. Thanks everyone!!!!!! :)

bradk
05-31-2005, 03:36 PM
can't give you a price, but i believe the story is that you have to book one of the DLR resort hotels to get the enhanced fastpass. you should also get passes to mickey's toontown madness and free parking amongst a few other trinkets.

Colin
05-31-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm not an expert on DLR so cant help you, but I dont know that the others will be able to either, I think you'll need to give them a bit more info, such as dates and also which hotel you would like info for, your question leaves a bit of a wide berth at the moment, i'm sure they'll try to help you none the less, they all great here hehe :)

C°o°lin

SpaceMTJunkie
05-31-2005, 03:40 PM
First off, you don't need an AAA membership to book a package with them. I just did with no membership. Second, enhanced FP is included with the AAA package if you stay at one of the Disney Hotels. This will allow you to hold fastpasses for more then one attraction at one time. Third, the package will include hopper tickets to DL and DCA, and a whole host of coupons that will allow you to get free meal type stuff, ESPN Zone game cards, AAA lanyard, other freebies, etc.

Darkbeer
05-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Just stop by the nearest AAA office, and get one of their Disneyland catalogs, explains everything... rates are dependent on time of year...

bradk
05-31-2005, 03:47 PM
it's my understanding that AAA charges a fee for non-members booking a trip through their travel agency which pretty much rivals the cost of membership anyway, so for all the added benefits AAA membership gives you, I would have spent the extra few bucks for membership anyway.

also, even though AAA is nationwide, it's handled by each individual state and processes do seem to vary between them.

CrazyMouse
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
it's my understanding that AAA charges a fee for non-members booking a trip through their travel agency which pretty much rivals the cost of membership anyway, so for all the added benefits AAA membership gives you, I would have spent the extra few bucks for membership anyway.

also, even though AAA is nationwide, it's handled by each individual state and processes do seem to vary between them.

Thank you Bradk.

Pat-n-Eil
05-31-2005, 05:59 PM
From the AAA website:

Exclusive AAA Member Benefits:

• Collect FASTPASS® tickets for multiple attractions at one time with packages that include a stay at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel
• California diamond Fun Book savings and benefits
• Free parking at the Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks
• AAA lanyard and pin

Now, here's the price difference. I'll compare my vacation in August from AAA to the one on the Disney Website.

Arriving on 08/08/05 for 3 nights;
2 Adults, 2 Children

Special Offers: Magic Moments Savings
Room Type: Theme Park View
Package: Resort Magic Package
Ticket: 4 Day Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket
Dining: None
Special Features: 50th Commemorative Certificate

Total Package Price $1,942.00
--------------------------------------------
Now the Disney site:

2 Adults, 2 Children

Total Package Price $2,073.06

That is a savings of $101.06 for the exact same vacation PLUS the enhanced FastPass PLUS free parking.

Even if you buy the AAA membership for $49, you still come out ahead money wise.. but the other bonuses are totally worth it.

SpaceMTJunkie
05-31-2005, 06:34 PM
Here is the comparison on our trip. Maybe we will run into each other Pat! :cool:

AAA Package:

Disneyland Hotel
Arriving on 08/08/05 for 4 nights;
4 Adults
Room Type: Resort/Pool View
Ticket: 5 Day Park Hopper(R) Bonus Ticket

Total Price - $2020.00

Disney Travel Package:

Disneyland Hotel
Arriving on 08/08/05 for 4 nights;
4 Adults
Room Type: Resort/Pool View
Ticket: 5 Day Park Hopper(R) Bonus Ticket

Total Price - $2160.00

And as Pat said, you do get the enhanced FP with the AAA, you don't with the Disney Travel package.

CrazyMouse
05-31-2005, 06:48 PM
From the AAA website:

Exclusive AAA Member Benefits:

• Collect FASTPASS® tickets for multiple attractions at one time with packages that include a stay at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel
• California diamond Fun Book savings and benefits
• Free parking at the Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks
• AAA lanyard and pin

Now, here's the price difference. I'll compare my vacation in August from AAA to the one on the Disney Website.

2 Adults, 2 Children

Total Package Price $1,942.00
--------------------------------------------
Now the Disney site:

2 Adults, 2 Children

Total Package Price $2,073.06

That is a savings of $101.06 for the exact same vacation PLUS the enhanced FastPass PLUS free parking.

Even if you buy the AAA membership for $49, you still come out ahead money wise.. but the other bonuses are totally worth it.

Pat i would expect this to be less with only 2 adults, wiould you know how much for 1 adult is? was it 400 + dollars?

dlfanshl
05-31-2005, 07:30 PM
I have also found that the AAA-WDT Travel trip is less expensive than the WDT trip.

8-1-05 to 8-7-05
3 adults 5 children (2 are adult ticket price)
2 Bedroom Suite at DLH w/ conceirge

AAA price is $6449

WDT price was $6998

A savings of $549

Shel

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Pat i would expect this to be less with only 2 adults, wiould you know how much for 1 adult is? was it 400 + dollars?

Well.. my kids are teens, so they really count as adults. :)

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Here is the comparison on our trip. Maybe we will run into each other Pat! :cool:

More than likely in the Space Mountain FastPass line!

CrazyMouse
06-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Well.. my kids are teens, so they really count as adults. :)

thanks again Pat&Eli, you are really active in the forums. thanks again.

hlbtimes2
06-01-2005, 08:23 AM
I wonder if it depends on which state you are in, since the offices do vary. I used the AAA WA online vacation booking to check prices. They didnt have the same availability for my trip in Oct. I couldnt get a room at PP, and I could on the Disney travel site. I went with the disney site.

CrazyMouse
06-01-2005, 08:31 AM
I wonder if it depends on which state you are in, since the offices do vary. I used the AAA WA online vacation booking to check prices. They didnt have the same availability for my trip in Oct. I couldnt get a room at PP, and I could on the Disney travel site. I went with the disney site.

yeah it is, i'm from san diego, ca, so me and Pat&Eli should have similar prices.

bradk
06-01-2005, 08:33 AM
even though AAA is handled regionally, I was told by one of the California offices that essentially any AAA travel agency can sell you a vacation regardless of where you live. they prefer you to go to your state, but they won't hold you to it.

CrazyMouse
06-01-2005, 10:29 AM
even though AAA is handled regionally, I was told by one of the California offices that essentially any AAA travel agency can sell you a vacation regardless of where you live. they prefer you to go to your state, but they won't hold you to it.

Just reserved for $1,210,00 for two adults on AAA online. 08/09 - 08/12. with all the AAA goodies including the Enchanced Fastpass!

SpaceMTJunkie
06-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Just reserved for $1,210,00 for two adults on AAA online. 08/09 - 08/12. with all the AAA goodies including the Enchanced Fastpass!

Very good, Myself and Pat will see you in the fastpass line on Space. :cool:

CrazyMouse
06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Very good, Myself and Pat will see you in the fastpass line on Space. :cool:

nice, see ya.

vegasmommytoDL
06-01-2005, 10:50 PM
I did it the cheap way. I did the Disneyland Hotel through AAA for 2 nights but bought 6-Day Parkhoppers. Then we are staying at Days Inn for the next 3 nights. Our tickets will still be "Enhanced" for every day of the trip! Plus at the end its only $30 per ticket to upgrade to a Deluxe Annual Pass.

Just my 2 cents.

DwoernAdale
06-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I did it the cheap way. I did the Disneyland Hotel through AAA for 2 nights but bought 6-Day Parkhoppers. Then we are staying at Days Inn for the next 3 nights. Our tickets will still be "Enhanced" for every day of the trip! Plus at the end its only $30 per ticket to upgrade to a Deluxe Annual Pass.

Just my 2 cents.

We did virtualy the same thing. I booked our first 5 nights at the Carousel Inn through Travelaxe, then booked our last 3 nights at the DLH through AAA and bought 7 day parkhoppers through them as well, which got us the enhanced FP for all 7 days. I figured if we are worn out from the first 4 days at the park, the DLH would be a great place to hang out and relax in between park going the last 3 days. Plus going to the Carousel for the last 5 nights after being at the DLH might seem a bit anti-climactic.

I would have loved to stay at DLH for all 8 nights, but its just too expensive.

Two months and two days to go! Its so much closer now than it was in February when I booked everything that I am getting anxious!

bradk
06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
it's a great tactic. i was looking into doing it myself, but every way i tried it, a package ended up being several hundred dollars more than just doing it all on my own and that was even using the same hotels (non-DLR), I was just trying to get the package and not so worried about enhanced fastpass. I just couldn't justify it for one person in light of the fact that it was only 1/3 of my trip.