PDA

View Full Version : Homewood Suites - Garden Grove

msgmg68
05-31-2005, 02:54 PM
We just made our hotel reservations for Nov 21-27 at the Homewood Suites in Garden Grove. Has anyone stayed at this property before? How are the 2 meals (breakfast and evening "light meal")?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

John Wayne Airport
05-31-2005, 02:58 PM
I haven't stayed at the Homewood, but have stayed at the Hampton. I believe there is a free shuttle to Disney.
Here are some other threads on the Homewood.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=19694&highlight=homewood
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=18478&highlight=homewood

Drince88
05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
We just made our hotel reservations for Nov 21-27 at the Homewood Suites in Garden Grove. Has anyone stayed at this property before? How are the 2 meals (breakfast and evening "light meal")?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks! :)
I haven't stayed at this Homewood, but I have stayed at some others in the chain. The light meal is just that - it varies from day to day (there's usually a calendar on the refrigerator in your room). I've never stayed at one in a "vacation" location, but at the ones I've been at, the evening is just Monday through Thursday nights, and not holidays, so you might want to check that before you leave if it's really important to you. (They might even be able to give you specifics on what's planned, since I've always seen full-month menus of food.)

Limited hours on the evening meal and they had things like pizza and salad, pasta, hamburgers and potato salad - that kind of stuff.

Breakfasts were generally standard "continental" type with cereals and such.

Opus1guy
05-31-2005, 05:00 PM
I stayed there a couple of years ago when it first opened, but can't really recall much other than we found the property to be fine. Free hi-speed internet if I recall. Don't really recall us complaining about anything. I do seem to recollect something funky about the rear elevator, but it's gone from memory now whatever minor thing it was.

Mermaid
05-31-2005, 06:11 PM
I stayed there this past December and really liked it! I didn't use their shuttle so I can't say much more then they had one. The dinner was light as they say, burgers one night and enchiladas another but it was all you can eat and decent food, not great- but decent!!There is an Outback in the parking lot if you want something else. The breakfast was an upgraded contential- it had your usual fruit, bagal, danish selection but then also had eggs, sausage, toast, and bacon. They even had Yoplait yougurts which we liked!! The rooms were large with a good size full kitchen and fridge. If you plan on eating in the room at all it is very easy to do here! I hope you like it!!

msgmg68
06-01-2005, 05:42 AM
Thanks so much to all of you! I appreciate you taking the time to help me out! It sounds like we made a good decision. Now, if it was just November, I'd be happier...I can't wait! :)

THANKS AGAIN!

phillyorig
06-04-2005, 03:39 PM
I stayed there this past December and really liked it! I didn't use their shuttle so I can't say much more then they had one. The dinner was light as they say, burgers one night and enchiladas another but it was all you can eat and decent food, not great- but decent!!There is an Outback in the parking lot if you want something else. The breakfast was an upgraded contential- it had your usual fruit, bagal, danish selection but then also had eggs, sausage, toast, and bacon. They even had Yoplait yougurts which we liked!! The rooms were large with a good size full kitchen and fridge. If you plan on eating in the room at all it is very easy to do here! I hope you like it!!

We LOVE this place.

We stayed there in Oct,03 and were blown away.

We ALWAYS take food and make stuff in our room and they made it so easy with that full kitchen ( appox 16cu.ft. refer, nuker, stove top, dishwasher and all untensils.) They will even shop for you if you dont have the time ( there is a Ralphs about 2 mils from the hotel on the side road)

I enjoyed their breakfast. Stayed at Embassy and they are a cook to order. this is, just, like whatever they feel like making hot that day lol.

You were lucky that they give you those items for the evening reception. When we were there, we got chips n salsa, pretzels ( snacks). We liked the FREE DRINKS!!!! :D

Wanted to stay there this trip but we made a deal with our friends to stay at their "time share" at the peacock.

Have fun at Homeword and ENJOY!!!