PDA

View Full Version : DH to Crab Cooker and Return

dlandnut
05-31-2005, 02:00 PM
If we get time, hubby and I may make a fast trip for lunch to the Crab Cooker at Newport Beach. We're staying at the DH. Any idea on cab fare, or would it be cheaper to rent a car for the short outing, or is there a public transit system that could get us there? :)

Hakuna Makarla
05-31-2005, 02:04 PM
how about the crab shack down the street? http://www.joescrabshack.com/pages/locations.html

olegc
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
If it were me, I would choose Crab Shack as well - more fun and bigger crabs! Although, Crab Cooker does have it's ambiance and claws! (those are yummy).

Your cab fare may be in the high range too. One day rental - without gas - for the smallest of cards might be $30.00 - which could be your cab fare one way.

BTW - there is a crab cooker in Tustin off of 17th street. Not as nice of a view, but same fine food - and a little closer than the one in Newport (but not closer than Joe's on Chapman and Harbor).

Darkbeer
05-31-2005, 03:41 PM
ART now runs to the corner of Chapman and Harbor (Joe's Crab Shack), just $3 a person for all day service, you can buy your ticket at the resort, just stand outside the security checkpoint on the Lion King side (nearest Harbor), the machine is located along the north wall, just below the Costuming building.

A cab should be less than $10 each way.

And if you really want to save, sign up at the Rainforest Cafe for their Safari Club, that way you can get discounts at their restaurants, plus Joe's!

AVP
05-31-2005, 05:26 PM
And if you really want to save, sign up at the Rainforest Cafe for their Safari Club, that way you can get discounts at their restaurants, plus Joe's!Assuming they EVER send you any of the coupons they promise when you sign up. :rolleyes:

AVP

My2kidsrule
05-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I love Joe's Crab Shack. I really do. But the Crab Cooker is a non-chain place that is worth the visit...

SCUBAbe
05-31-2005, 09:46 PM
the crab cooker is really good....not fancy, but good. ...I'm not sure how to get there though. I usually just egt in the car and figure it out as I go...LOL..I passed ti not to long ago. I think it was in New Port. Parking is pretty harsh around the beach areas though.

My2kidsrule
05-31-2005, 10:59 PM
To get to the Crab Cooker is easy. Get to the 55 and head toward Newport, when the 55 ends, just keep going straight till you see it on the left.

I can smell the food now.

Deogge's Mom
05-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Go to the Crab Cooker in Tustin. Easier parking than Newport Beach and it is closer. To get there from Disneyland by car take the 5 South to the 22 East to the 55 South to 17th St and go east one block.

Oragne County does have a decent public bus system, OCTA. Day passes are $3 per person and are unlimited boarding. To get to the Crab Cooker in Tustin using the bus, you can take the 43 south to Westminster and then transfer to 60 East to Tustin. It is cheaper to take the bus, but faster to drive or take a cab.