PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Room Disrepair

Fozzie
05-31-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed the Tiki Room falling back into its same old disrepair? I've been to the show a few times over the past week, and it's been getting worse.

Yesterday, two complete sets of the "Birds of Paradise" were totally motionless. Of the remaining sets, a number of flowers in each were dead. Many of the Hawaiian flowers were also no longer animated. Some of the birds on the top tier of the "birdmobile" no longer had moving beaks. And the totems are starting to look shabby, too.

The Tiki Room is one of my favorites. I hope they don't forget about it....

Vegitabeta
05-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Ok, I've never been in the Tiki room as it was up for rehab last year (my first visit to DL), however, I have been in the WDW one several times, but only since it was 'under new management'. So I've never been in an original Tiki room. But first of all, it shouldn't be looking shabby and be not working properly since it was recently rehabed. Also, by things I've heard on here and various other places, I'm not really looking forward to visiting the Tiki room now :(

phillyorig
05-31-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed the Tiki Room falling back into its same old disrepair? I've been to the show a few times over the past week, and it's been getting worse.

Yesterday, two complete sets of the "Birds of Paradise" were totally motionless. Of the remaining sets, a number of flowers in each were dead. Many of the Hawaiian flowers were also no longer animated. Some of the birds on the top tier of the "birdmobile" no longer had moving beaks. And the totems are starting to look shabby, too.

The Tiki Room is one of my favorites. I hope they don't forget about it....

wow i thought they were to redo it. will be there next week and will see.

TikiGeek
05-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Some of the birds on the top tier of the "birdmobile" no longer had moving beaks. And the totems are starting to look shabby, too.I'm very sad to hear this. They did a great job with the last refurb - it sounds like they need to keep the maintenance up to par. I hope that changes. :(

CinemaGal15
05-31-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed the Tiki Room falling back into its same old disrepair?

Well, sadly within the first week I noticed it was becoming broken again... but not from not being maintained. It was from stupid little kids with parents who don't tell them to stop playing with the totem poles and other elements of the show that are there to be watched NOT TOUCHED! :mad: So if I were you, if you see anyone messing with the attraction, you should tell them to stop because you like it and don't want it to be closed down again. Also there is only so much that the cast member can do since they are outside taking care of the waiting guests, so you should tell them which elements aren't working that way they can pass it on to the maintance crew.

littlemissgorgeous
05-31-2005, 10:06 PM
It was from stupid little kids with parents who don't tell them to stop playing with the totem poles and other elements of the show that are there to be watched NOT TOUCHED! :mad: So if I were you, if you see anyone messing with the attraction, you should tell them to stop because you like it and don't want it to be closed down again.

Oh I hate kids and parents like this...all I can ask is WHY ???? :mad: I donīt understand whatīs wrong with some parents these days ???
I will tell them off if I see something like this..they spoil your visit to DL... :|

Fozzie
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Well, sadly within the first week I noticed it was becoming broken again... but not from not being maintained. It was from stupid little kids with parents who don't tell them to stop playing with the totem poles and other elements of the show that are there to be watched NOT TOUCHED! :mad: Also there is only so much that the cast member can do since they are outside taking care of the waiting guests, so you should tell them which elements aren't working that way they can pass it on to the maintance crew.

I can see how kids could mess up the totems, but I doubt they'd have much to do with the other elements not functioning....

Also, there's always a cast member inside the theater during shows. Either they're not paying attention to the broken elements, or Disney doesn't want to spend the money to fix them. Either way, there's a problem.... :|

Vegitabeta
06-01-2005, 02:22 AM
But they were supposed to spend money on it in the last rehab, it shouldn't be broken already should it?