PDA

View Full Version : AP Question

Matterhornman18
05-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Hey Guys, I finally broke down and purchased an AP. However, we purchased them in early May but do not arrive until June 5th. So I have a couple of questions....1) Will my AP expire from the date I paid for it or from the date I take my ticket voucher to recieve my actual pass? and 2) Can I go to DCA first with this voucher (looks like a one day parkhopper) or do I have to go straight to DLR and obtain my AP?

Thanks!

jon80flt
05-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey Guys, I finally broke down and purchased an AP. However, we purchased them in early May but do not arrive until June 5th. So I have a couple of questions....1) Will my AP expire from the date I paid for it or from the date I take my ticket voucher to recieve my actual pass? and 2) Can I go to DCA first with this voucher (looks like a one day parkhopper) or do I have to go straight to DLR and obtain my AP?

Thanks!

We just went thru a similar situation... here's what we learned: The clock does not start until you use the pass for the first time (or if you have upgraded from a regular passport, the clock started the day you used that passport)

The voucher gets you into either park that first day... even if that day is a block-out day for the AP you bought.

They WANT you to head straight to the Bank on Mainstreet (the new location of the AP Center) and have your permanant AP Passport created with your picture... but you can still use the paper passport if you can't find the time to wait (about a hour each time we tried)... they said the paper passport is like a Cashier's Check... it's easy for anyone to use it if it is lost or stolen.

These are my observations, but we were upgrading from regular passports... not using a voucher... it wouldn't hurt to call Disney to confirm this info. :rolleyes:

Have a great trip! :fez:
Jon

Darkbeer
05-31-2005, 11:02 AM
I recommend that you go to DL first... usually it is open earlier than DCA, and that the lines at the processing center have been long recently. I would go to the Bank of Main Street, get the AP processed first thing, then enjoy your day.

Matterhornman18
05-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Great, Thanks guys!!...I arrive the 4th which is a Saturday...I have the deluxe passport which has saturdays blocked...So you're saying I can use this pass that day and get my AP regardless of it being Saturday. If so I wouldnt be arriving until 7 or 8 at night (shorter AP lines?)..?

jon80flt
05-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Great, Thanks guys!!...I arrive the 4th which is a Saturday...I have the deluxe passport which has saturdays blocked...So you're saying I can use this pass that day and get my AP regardless of it being Saturday. If so I wouldnt be arriving until 7 or 8 at night (shorter AP lines?)..?

You should confirm with a call to Disney, but, yes, the passes will get you in even if your first visit is a block-out day.

Now you get an extra 1/2 day on your trip! Just in time for Fireworks and Fantasmic! :fez:

Enjoy,
Jon

Matterhornman18
05-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks Jon