PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Tinker Bell; Female, Male Or Both?

odnamraortsac
05-31-2005, 09:51 AM
I've used binoculars several times while watching the "Remember...Dreams Comes True Fireworks Spectacular" and I noticed something peculiar. I observed that "Tinker Bell" is wearing a "Tinker Bell" mask. I do not recall this being the case in past Fireworks shows. Is the reason that "Tink" is occasionally, or maybe all the time, being played by a male?
By the way, techinical problems were the name of the game on Sunday May 29th. Tinker Bell didn't "fly" during the Fireworks show and the !0:30 pm "Fantasmic" had a few false starts before finally beginning. And even after it started, poor Ariel took her raft trip minus her Prince who was a "no-show".

evrythngwmn
05-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Tinkerbell must now wear a special UV blocking suit because of all the lights involved with her new outfit.

Earkid
05-31-2005, 11:00 AM
I hope she gets hazzard pay. :eek:

DizneeGirl
05-31-2005, 03:38 PM
I haven't actually been there to see the fireworks show, but based on the video of it I would say that it must be some sort of protection. I was originally thinking that being Tinkerbell for that would be awesome, then I saw the fireworks all around her and thought "maybe not so awesome".

Drince88
05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
I hope she gets hazzard pay. :eek:
At WDW, I believe they get paid for 8 hours of work for their <minute ride down the wire. (Yes, there is prep time and such, but not 8 hours worth...)

love is a song
05-31-2005, 04:51 PM
my bf told me a story of this lady who was tinker bell for something like 20-30 years! She was also one of the people who used to ride motorcycles on the tight rope at DL back in the day. She was a pro trapese artist for ringling bros as well. From what i know, she's richer than you could imagine, and she's said to giggle everytime someone asks "What do you do?"

Can you imagine what kind of amazing life she mustve had?! Now she's somewhere between 40 and 50, and RETIRED! Must be nice.

DisneyDustin22
05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Is the reason that "Tink" is occasionally, or maybe all the time, being played by a male?

That's just Pat! :D

MyBeast
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Tink is a woman.

MyBeast
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, she's actually a fairy, but a girl fairy nonetheless

bradk
05-31-2005, 06:41 PM
she's not a girl, not yet a woman.

Disneyfun
05-31-2005, 08:27 PM
my bf told me a story of this lady who was tinker bell for something like 20-30 years! She was also one of the people who used to ride motorcycles on the tight rope at DL back in the day. She was a pro trapese artist for ringling bros as well. From what i know, she's richer than you could imagine, and she's said to giggle everytime someone asks "What do you do?"

Can you imagine what kind of amazing life she mustve had?! Now she's somewhere between 40 and 50, and RETIRED! Must be nice.
According to MOuse Tales by David Koenig "The first tink was hired in 1961 SHE was a 71 year old cicus aerialist from Europe. . SHe retired in 1964 and passes away soon after."

Check out htis article regarding that last tink!
http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayPressRelease.asp_Q_id_E_5255Tink

bradk
05-31-2005, 08:32 PM
the story in mouse tales is great, how she used to hang from her teeth doing her act and actually wanted to glide down from the matterhorn by her teeth as well

Disneyfun
05-31-2005, 08:34 PM
I was thinking love is a song had said he BF said tink was from europe making me think of the first. However The link confirms her BF's story!

Dancin4theMouse
05-31-2005, 09:54 PM
she's not a girl, not yet a woman.

That made me giggle! :D

love is a song
05-31-2005, 11:55 PM
According to MOuse Tales by David Koenig "The first tink was hired in 1961 SHE was a 71 year old cicus aerialist from Europe. . SHe retired in 1964 and passes away soon after."

Check out htis article regarding that last tink!
http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayPressRelease.asp_Q_id_E_5255Tink

aww your story's sad :( lol jk But i dont think the one im talking about was the FIRST tink... my story could be bogus all together... my bf told me so you never know ;) jk hunny!

Disneyfun
06-01-2005, 07:01 AM
aww your story's sad :( lol jk But i dont think the one im talking about was the FIRST tink... my story could be bogus all together... my bf told me so you never know ;) jk hunny!
Click on the link and it will confirm what yout BF said. I say Driving a BMW she must of made good money. I also wonder if she has seen the new show and is sad she did not do it? It would be a lot better than hitting that matress each night!

love is a song
06-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Click on the link and it will confirm what yout BF said. I say Driving a BMW she must of made good money. I also wonder if she has seen the new show and is sad she did not do it? It would be a lot better than hitting that matress each night!
great article thanks!