PDA

View Full Version : Any Artists at the Resort?

AlbertaMinnie
05-31-2005, 06:47 AM
Hi Everyone! Just a couple of questions for someone who has recently been to the park. Years ago, (many) my parents took my brother and I and had an artist on Main Street do a black paper cutout of our silhouettes which she then had framed. I want to do the same with my kids if possible, of course with the disney touch - is there an artist like that still on main street or anywhere in the park?

Second "artist" question......On New Years Day, 1999, there was an artist in New Orleans square who was doing oil pastel sketches of people. I had one done of my girls and would like to get another if possible. Are these artists still there?

If any of these people still exist in the park, please let me know where and how much I can expect to spend. These make awsome momentos of a trip!

Thanks for your help!

05-31-2005, 06:53 AM
It's all still there!

We did a double silhouette (that is, two people) last October. I believe it was $12 for two copies, unframed.

bradk
05-31-2005, 07:10 AM
the sihoulette shop is about halfway down main street on the side to the right as you face the castle.

you can see it next to maynard here (shameless self promotion) http://bradk.smugmug.com/photos/23536958-S.jpg

hlbtimes2
05-31-2005, 08:19 AM
We had the silo., done in Dec. 2003 of our 2 kids. Its my all time favorite souvenir. Probably because it combines my favorite things- My kids and Disneyland~! LOL They lady that did it was wonderful. She said she has been there over 20 years. There are 3 different people that work in that shop. Its pretty quick and cheap for what you get.

This time I might consider having the pastel done in NOS.

AlbertaMinnie
05-31-2005, 08:31 AM
We had the silo., done in Dec. 2003 of our 2 kids. Its my all time favorite souvenir. Probably because it combines my favorite things- My kids and Disneyland~! LOL They lady that did it was wonderful. She said she has been there over 20 years. There are 3 different people that work in that shop. Its pretty quick and cheap for what you get.

This time I might consider having the pastel done in NOS.

Wow, if I could find her, she'd probably be the same person who did the one for my parents when I was 16!!! How awesome would that be?! Yes, I agree, my two favorite things are my kids and Disneyland and whenever I can combine the two, well, how can it get any better?! (oh yeah, almost forgot to include the husband in that mixture!) ha ha Thanks for the info!

AlbertaMinnie
05-31-2005, 08:33 AM
the sihoulette shop is about halfway down main street on the side to the right as you face the castle.

you can see it next to maynard here (shameless self promotion) http://bradk.smugmug.com/photos/23536958-S.jpg

LOVE the pic! ha ha Thank you! That will be a MUST DO on our first day! (right after Space Mtn fast passes!!!)

Vegitabeta
05-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Yes, I agree, my two favorite things are my kids and Disneyland and whenever I can combine the two, well, how can it get any better?! (oh yeah, almost forgot to include the husband in that mixture!) ha ha Thanks for the info!

Hehe! :p