PDA

View Full Version : AP Question - purchasing discount Hopper for non-AP?

disney jones
05-30-2005, 05:43 PM
To get the AP discount Park Hopper ticket for a non-AP holder, is it sufficient just to show up with her at the Ticket Booth and show them my AP?

Or do you have to present the actual coupon in the blue AP Passport book (like the DLR AP web site says)?

maybe the DLR AP web site makes the assumption that the AP owner will not be present, and thus it is obvious the non-AP holder will need the physical coupon - but in my case, i'll be there with her.

And i'm looking for an answer from some one who has recent experience in purchasing one for a non-AP Holder, i.e., since may 5th.

thanks! :)

jon80flt
05-30-2005, 06:02 PM
To get the AP discount Park Hopper ticket for a non-AP holder, is it sufficient just to show up with her at the Ticket Booth and show them my AP?

Or do you have to present the actual coupon in the blue AP Passport book (like the DLR AP web site says)?

I used one of the coupons last week... they asked to see both my AP and the coupon... the reason being that they tracked the coupon to my AP... when my sister wanted to use it to upgrade to an AP, they questioned her where she got it and who bought it... luckily, since I wasn't standing there with her, they accepted her saying my name, since it matched what was in the computer.

rentayenta
05-30-2005, 06:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I got my AP in March but never received the AP Passport Guide in the mail. Any idea who/how to contact to get one? I need the coupon out of it.

DangerMouse
05-31-2005, 08:15 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I got my AP in March but never received the AP Passport Guide in the mail. Any idea who/how to contact to get one? I need the coupon out of it.

Me too! (cept I got my AP in April). I need that coupon!

Agent
05-31-2005, 09:32 AM
I have 2 coupons from the passport guide which we are not going to be using. Our next trip is not until November. If anybody needs them, just let me know!!!

Darkbeer
05-31-2005, 04:17 PM
The rules are really clear, you do NOT need the coupons if you are an AP holder...

The coupons were designed to be handed out to folks that were going to the park without an AP member attending...

Here is a scan from the DL Passport with all the rules...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/566343/1/23609720/Large

If you are worried, I would print this page and take it with you when you go..

Don't forget, the special ends June 17th.

disney jones
06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
i found my AP passport book and used it last week (it wasn't that lost because i had brought it with me the previous week, i just had temporarily couldn't find it as started to wonder.....

While i agree with Darkbeer's assessment in general, this time around it seemed "the rules" more strongly implied that you needed to bring the coupon - in both the Feb-May calendar and on the web site, so we did juust in case.

I asked the CM at the ticket window - she said you didn't necessarily need the coupon if the AP Holder was present, but as most policies with individual CMs seem to go, you may get a diffeent answer with a different CM, so if at all possible bring the coupon, or as DB said to be sure, print out the 'policy' just in case. Or ask to speak to a supervisor.

Darkbeer
06-05-2005, 06:29 PM
In the new June thru September AP Calendar, they once again mention the offer, and the fact it is good thru the 17th, just show your AP....

If you read the actual coupon, it is clear that you do NOT need an AP to use it...