PDA

View Full Version : Flights From Sacramento

pirateabbie
05-30-2005, 01:21 PM
I notice quite a few of you are from the Sacramento area and thought you might be able to help me out here. I've been trying to reserve airline tickets for my parents, sister, etc.. for our trip in October. They live near Chico and the closest big airport is in Sacramento. Am I missing something or are there not actually any non-stop flights from SMF to SNA? I've checked all the obvious sources and have come up empty. What do you all do?

sleepyjeff
05-30-2005, 01:40 PM
Wow, first you gotta travel from chico to the airport then you gotta be at the Airport 2 hours early plus the retrieving of luggage and taxi or shuttle to the resort area.............how much time do you really save in flying over driving from Chico.

Osky
05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Southwest Airlines flies direct. I do not know of any others. SWA typically does not offer discounts into SNA, but you can usually find good fares far enough in advance.

pirateabbie
05-30-2005, 01:44 PM
It's actually not that far from Chico (and they really live in Orland which is right of the 5) to Sacramento and since it's a small airport I only get there about half an hour early. The drive to Anaheim is more than seven hours, give or take any traffic, so it's quite a bit faster to fly.

Andrew
05-30-2005, 02:20 PM
You can fly Southwest from Sacramento to LAX or Ontario for $59 each way, if you book today. Click (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42677) for details.

sleepyjeff
05-30-2005, 02:21 PM
It's actually not that far from Chico (and they really live in Orland which is right of the 5) to Sacramento and since it's a small airport I only get there about half an hour early. The drive to Anaheim is more than seven hours, give or take any traffic, so it's quite a bit faster to fly.

Yeah, now that you mention it I do remember your airport being pretty convenient(heck the parking lot is a stones throw away from many of the gates). Guess I was thinking about my own airport(PDX) which you really do have to be there 2 hours early if you want to make sure your seat is not given away :eek:

disneyfand
05-30-2005, 02:35 PM
In fact we are flying out of SMF in about 17hrs to SNA. Pretty good airport. Southwest is the only airline that I know of that does fly no stop to John Wayne ( Orange County) If you need ay info for SNA...www.ocair.com/ (http://) . Feel free to ask any more ?'s.

pirateabbie
05-30-2005, 02:40 PM
In fact we are flying out of SMF in about 17hrs to SNA. Pretty good airport. Southwest is the only airline that I know of that does fly no stop to John Wayne ( Orange County) If you need ay info for SNA...www.ocair.com/ (http://) . Feel free to ask any more ?'s.

Thank you so much! I totally forgot that the online travel companies (expedia, pricelines, etc...) don't ever list Southwest. I knew I was missing something! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

disneyfand
05-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Thank you! I'm sure we will. As long as the crowds aren't that bad. :)

sambo
05-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow there ARE a lot of folks from Sacramento area here - I never noticed that before...

disneyfand:

Should you check this before you go - HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

pirateabbie:

Wow - Looks like we'll be there on the same days...very cool. We'll be driving down from Sacto though. :p

We flew down once. Counting the time waiting at the airport(s), waiting for the shuttle bus, the travel time from John Wayne to the hotel - we saved about two hours. And we didn't have a car to go out anywhere else. This time driving, my son (19) will get the chance to drive in L.A. Life's little milestones... :eek:

bubbasmom99
05-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Southwest's schedule is open only part-way through October, so it may not show any flight availability if you put in SMF-SNA at this point for your dates.

We usually fly into LAX and it's not too bad of a drive to the resort.