PDA

View Full Version : Question about FP machines

Grendel's Mother
05-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Are they usually pretty easy to find, like right at the entrance to the ride, or do you have to look around for them? I know some of the rides take up a lot of space; I don't want to spend 20 minutes just looking for the FP machine.

Also, do all the rides that have FP have them every day? We will be going May 31 - June 3 (Tuesday through Friday).

And finally, are you limited to one FP per ride per day, or can you get more than one FP for the same ride in the same day? I realize you would have to wait two hours.

Leash81
05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Are they usually pretty easy to find, like right at the entrance to the ride, or do you have to look around for them? I know some of the rides take up a lot of space; I don't want to spend 20 minutes just looking for the FP machine.

Also, do all the rides that have FP have them every day? We will be going May 31 - June 3 (Tuesday through Friday).

And finally, are you limited to one FP per ride per day, or can you get more than one FP for the same ride in the same day? I realize you would have to wait two hours.

Most tof them have pretty big signs to direct you to the machines. The only one that I have seen be confussing for some is the one for splash mountain because it is outside the entrance to pooh and not where the line for splash starts.

The machines should be open if the ride is open unless of course there is something wrong with the machines themselves.

You can get as many FP's for each ride as the time window will permit. So if you want to ride splash mountain all day you could get several FP's for that one ride as many times as you want.

vegasmommytoDL
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
They make it really easy by actually writing at the bottom of the FP when your next available fastpass pick-up time is available. At that point you can get a fastpass for any ride that has the machines (providing they have not run out which CAN happen) Also, its possible that there might be machines that are not on the same computer network. This changes all the time though. Refer to these threads:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42506
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42487

So if I understand those posts correctly, its possible (at ONE time) to get 1 fastpass for one of these (Autopia, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, or Star Tours) PLUS a fastpass to Roger Rabbit (and possibly Star Tours) PLUS a fastpass for one of these (California Screamin', Mulholland Madness, Soarin' Over California, Tower of Terror) PLUS Grizzly River Run. In other words.... its a SECRET but even though they say you can have 1 fastpass at a time you can "usually" have 4 at a time. Again, thats subject to change! All I can say is what does it hurt to try?

Plus, If you booked through AAA and your staying at a Disney hotel you can have 1 for each ride at any given time. So up to 13 at a time (but not 2 for the same ride). Thats ONLY if you booked the whole trip through AAA.

sediment
05-29-2005, 09:35 PM
You'll be able to experience the attractions without too much FP effort on those days. Use FP for the second time through if you think it's necessary.

disneynut
05-29-2005, 09:47 PM
They no longer have fp for HM, PotC, or ST. When we were there before Memorial Day weekend, they had fp machines for Thunder Mountain but they were not operating even though the ride was open. By the Friday before MD weekend,they had opened the TM fastpass machines. I think maybe they only open those when they know the park is going to be busy. We were there for four days and only used fastpasses four times~once for Splash, once for Indy, once for Buzz, once for CA Screamin. It seemed to me that without all of those fastpasses up and working, lines seemed to go quicker.

Osky
05-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Some FPs for rides like BTMRR only operate on weekends. The schedule that you pick up at the gate that has all of the show times tells you which FPs are operating each day.

vegasmommytoDL
05-30-2005, 01:12 AM
They no longer have fp for HM, PotC, or ST.

Strange. I was just going off the Disneyland website list. Are the machines GONE or do they just not operate all the time?

bradk
05-30-2005, 03:26 AM
i didn't notice if the ST fastpass machines are there, but ST is off the fastpass system completely. there's rarely a long wait for it anyway (if it says 20 minute wait, it's probably more like 10-15).

The way the system works is once you get a fastpass, you can not get another fastpass until either the return window printed on the ticket arrives or if 2 hours have passed, whichever comes first. To further complicate things, the Magic Kingdom and California Adventures systems are completely separate. Also, there are currently a whopping two rides that ignore these rules. They are Grizzly River Run in DCA and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin in DL - but for each of those, you can only obtain one fastpass per ticket at a time.

As far as their locations go, it's easy to know if you've used them before, but for a first timer, it can be tricky. Most of the time, you'll see a sign that says something like Fastpass Distribution. Just look for a row of rectangular boxes about 4 feet high, near the attraction, but still somewhat separate. when in doubt, each attraction should have a greeter CM by the queue entry, so you can always ask them.

The big exception to the easy to find rule is Splash Mountain. I believe you have to go walk around the attraction to find them, even going past Pooh. I was able to use single rider on splash, so i never got a fastpass for it, so i'm not even sure of the exact location of the machines, i just know it's tricked some people on here due to its location.

Darkbeer
05-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Pirates machines have been removed....

Haunted Mansion machines are hidden, and the gate is only opened during Haunted Mansion Holiday.

The Star Tours machines are still out there, but are scheduled for removal.

Leap for Joy
05-30-2005, 08:48 AM
People often seem confused when looking for the Indy FP machines. When you're facing the queue, the FP machines are to the left and they're much closer to the walkway than the beginning of the regular line. It almost feels like you're walking into the side of Jungle Cruise.

bradk
05-30-2005, 09:01 AM
i think it might be an initial thing. if indy is the first ride you go to, the fastpass machines will be hard to spot. for me, my first was BTMRR. i was trying to ask the greeter CM about them because I had no idea where the machines were and they were right behind me the whole time.

pisces
05-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Well, don't ask me. I couldn't make heads nor tails of the Fastpass policies over the Christmas-New Years week.

Throw heavy rains into the equation, and all bets are off, when it comes to Fast Pass.

It seemed like time and time again, heavy rains rendered all Fast Pass machines out of order.....but then some of 'em would open back up.......but only after 8 pm.......which made no sense to me.

At other times, the machines would open back up right quick....yet the ride would be totally walk-on.

That was a crazy week. Very haphazard. But fun....always fun.