PDA

View Full Version : Storytellers vs. Granville

pretty Omi
05-29-2005, 03:54 PM
i have reservations for both restraunts for dinner tuesday (my b-day yay!). i have never been to either restraunt, and can't decide between the two... could someone give me a description of the restraunt, the style, the type of food, and the class for both, to help me make my final decision that evening

Disneyfun
05-29-2005, 04:06 PM
i have reservations for both restraunts for dinner tuesday (my b-day yay!). i have never been to either restraunt, and can't decide between the two... could someone give me a description of the restraunt, the style, the type of food, and the class for both, to help me make my final decision that evening
Never been to granville. But I Love story tellers. Only because of there Corn chowder soup! I actaully thought it would have a little more Disneyish decor with a name Storytellers. But it the decor goes with the CGH decor. Very woodsy. I say go very hungry and try the buffett It looks to die for But I always seem to go when I am not that hungry or on a diet!

sierranevada
05-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I would go with Granville's - great food, quieter, more elegant - dark wood. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.

JeffG
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Granville's is definitely a much higher-end restaurant, with considerably better food and atmosphere, but at a higher price. It is essentially a high-end steak house. Unless price is a big issue, I would definitely recommend it as the better of the two choices.

-Jeff

KarenW2
05-29-2005, 09:59 PM
It depends on what you're looking for, in terms of the restaurants. We think Storyteller's is probably the best deal in the resort, in terms of food, portions and price. Very casual, nice and homey atmosphere, with both the buffet at some meals, as well as the regular menu. We've eaten there for all 3 meals. At breakfast, I enjoy their banana stuffed French Toast (very yummy!), great salads and other entrees at lunch and dinner (it may be the same menu). If I'm in a pizza mood, their "build-it-yourself" pizza (kids actually get to build it, but adults only get to pick their own toppings!) is really great. Last time we went there for dinner was after the Sneak Peek on 5-4. I had their filet and it was every bit as good as the one I had the last time at Granville's. My favorite drink at Storyteller's is their raspberry lemonade! Especially good after a very hot day in the parks!

Granville's, on the other hand, is a nice, quiet, relaxing "oasis", in the midst of the chaos that is the resort and our favorite restaurant there, if we're in the mood for a nice steak dinner. A very nice place for a birthday dinner. They have a great potato cheese napoleon that is wonderful!! They have a "wine room", that we were treated to a tour of, a couple of times we were there, by Chef Jason. Last year, my hubby surprised me with a special dessert for our 25th anniversary dinner there, that he arranged ahead of time, with the help of Chef Jason & the pastry chef. It was a chocolate sculpture, with 2 creme brules. Large chocolate hearts with roses "printed" on the chocolate, one heart with "Happy 25th" cut out of it. A spun sugar pink rose on a spun sugar pink and gold base. It was amazing!! We took photos, so we could share the experience with others.

I don't think you could go wrong at either restaurant and hope you have a great time! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.

hlbtimes2
05-29-2005, 10:05 PM
menus and pictures (http://www.dlresortinfo.com) This site has menus and some pictures. It might help you decide. I havent eaten at either so this is far as my help goes!

pretty Omi
05-30-2005, 01:53 AM
thank you for the help! after looking at the menus, and reading Karen's review, i think Granville's is the choice for us! my dad always likes to treat me to a more higher end dinner, and i think Storyteller's is just a tad too casual... but i will for sure be eating there in the near future! i just hear so much good about it... and that stuffed french toast sounds to die for!

thanks for your help!!

BQ2
05-30-2005, 05:01 AM
thank you for the help! after looking at the menus, and reading Karen's review, i think Granville's is the choice for us! my dad always likes to treat me to a more higher end dinner, and i think Storyteller's is just a tad too casual...

thanks for your help!!

Good choice! You'll love it! And Happy Birthday (tomorrow) :D

KarenW2
05-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Be sure to let Granville's know you'll be there for your birthday and you may get a birthday surprise, like a comped dessert!