PDA

View Full Version : How to rake in the birthday freebies...?

Pages : [1] 2

Rouxe1688
05-29-2005, 03:53 PM
My family is planning a trip to DL in August, shortly after my birthday, my aunts birthday, and my uncle's birthday. It's going to be kind of like a joint birthday party and I was wondering how we can benefit from this. I heard that you can get a sticker and a signed photo, but anything else we should know about?
Thank you, :) i can't wait!

I Heart Disneyland!
05-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Used to be if you went to City Hall, they would give you a sticker that says, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY _______" (they enter the name of the person), and they put you on the phone to hear a birthday message from one of the Disney characters. :) Other than that, I don't know of any other perks.

Wendi
05-29-2005, 04:09 PM
You might get a whole stack of tortillas if you go on the Mission Tortilla Factory tour - normally you would just get one tortilla.

disneynut
05-29-2005, 04:09 PM
The tortilla place gives you a free bag of warm tortillas. Makes for a great snack!

EDIT: You beat me to it Wendi!

Disneyfun
05-29-2005, 04:10 PM
When staying at the resorts hotels they will give you a signed picture. My uncle got one when he stayed at the CGH for my daughters birthday!
He just told them he was in town to visit his niece for her birthday and they gave him the pitcure and A round pin that said happy birthday and her name on it.!
At the city hall they will have a phone call from I think goofy waiting for you to wish you a happy birhtday! and a sticker with name and age if you want!

losaitkens
05-29-2005, 04:10 PM
My daughter had a birthday button with her name written on it from the Disneyland Hotel and one of the perks is that the cast members would make a point of saying happy birthday to her by name whenever they saw her. We also got a free dessert when we had lunch at Blue Bayou which I believe is the restaurant's custom for anyone celebrating a birthday. The Plaza Inn has a birthday party event daily at $10 a head- not free but still pretty fun.

EandCDad
05-29-2005, 04:16 PM
A good summary of birthday related events around the Resort can be found here. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050412lp.htm)

awinner
05-29-2005, 10:12 PM
probably a good idea to goto the plaza inn on july 17th

bradk
05-30-2005, 03:52 AM
in addition, more birthday related info here: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html

love is a song
05-30-2005, 04:08 AM
YESSSS !!! I'll be turning 19 on the 5th of june! Im doin it all baby! (ill always be 10 years old at heart when it comes to disney :D)

phillyorig
05-30-2005, 06:07 AM
You might get a whole stack of tortillas if you go on the Mission Tortilla Factory tour - normally you would just get one tortilla.

I live in the Phoenix area and I just saw this weekend, The Fry's store near my house is selling the Mission's with a Disney 50th "tatoo" that you can place on it and eat.
Made "Mickey" pancakes for breakfast for this coming Sunday(b4 we leave),froze them, might get some and make a smore treat for them also with the "tatoo" on it!!

Rouxe1688
05-30-2005, 06:16 AM
Thanks guys, i'll be sure to collect my bag of tortillas

penguin66
05-30-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm also glad to hear that it doesn't have to be the "exact" day. My next trip is a late birthday celebration and I'm looking forward to it even more now.

Osky
05-30-2005, 08:05 AM
I live in the Phoenix area and I just saw this weekend, The Fry's store near my house is selling the Mission's with a Disney 50th "tatoo" that you can place on it and eat.
Made "Mickey" pancakes for breakfast for this coming Sunday(b4 we leave),froze them, might get some and make a smore treat for them also with the "tatoo" on it!!

I think this is a nationwide promotion. Both Safeway and the Nugget markets in Davis have them.

experiment626
05-30-2005, 10:17 AM
If you happen to eat Lunch/Dinner at the Pacific Wharf Cafe you might get a free cookie. I did. It was Yummy.

Remember that NONE of the "free" things are garenteed. So don't be too disapointed if you don't get them.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-30-2005, 10:47 AM
YESSSS !!! I'll be turning 19 on the 5th of june! Im doin it all baby! (ill always be 10 years old at heart when it comes to disney :D)

We are all 10 when it comes to Disney!!! :) Who says we have to grow up, just because we grow old? Have a WONDERFUL birthday at the Happiest Place On Earth!!! :D

love is a song
05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
We are all 10 when it comes to Disney!!! :) Who says we have to grow up, just because we grow old? Have a WONDERFUL birthday at the Happiest Place On Earth!!! :D
awww thanks *blushes*

DangerMouse
05-30-2005, 02:19 PM
We're staying at the GCH on Wed night for my dd's birthday. Do I need to call ahead to get an autographed pic? How do I go about this? TIA! :D

Disneyfamily3
05-30-2005, 04:58 PM
call vacation planning 714-300-7526 and let them know where you are staying and what you want and they will set everything up for you.

pretty Omi
05-30-2005, 05:35 PM
who is the autographed pic of? mickey i'm guessing? is there anyway to get one without staying at the hotel... maybe just having dinner at one? :p

briar_rose
05-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Is vacation planning for the freebies too ie. do I have to call if all I want are the photo and the button? or is it just for people wanting to order additional things?

bradk
05-30-2005, 06:49 PM
vacation planning is for those who are staying at the resort hotels (disneyland hotel, paradise pier hotel, grand californian hotel)

there are photos available of several characters including the princesses

the birthday sticker can be gotten by just going into city hall and requesting it. the hotels do give an actual button as opposed to the sticker and it's been reported that people have been able to go to the front desk of one of the hotels and just ask for the button. whether that will work for the photos is not my guess to make.

UncleGDogWord
05-31-2005, 05:18 AM
I had a blast when my wife and I were at Disneyland for my Birthday in December of 2 years ago. I got my sticker and from City Hall, but Goofy was at the office yet because the phone would not work, but did get a cool Autographed Mickey 8X10. When I walked out I ran into Mickey and his handler. Mickey whispered in her ear and next thing I know Mickey is leading the crowed in "Happy Birthday", well he was mostly conducting (Mickey had a sore throat and could not sing. Funny how he seems always sick with a bad throat when I get there :confused: ). It was pretty cool how all the cast members come up to you and wish you a happy birthday. I had this happen to me on both Small World and Star Tours where they leads got on the PA and had the crowd sing happy birthday. :fez:

lilblckrncloud
05-31-2005, 05:43 AM
If you happen to eat Lunch/Dinner at the Pacific Wharf Cafe you might get a free cookie. I did. It was Yummy.

Remember that NONE of the "free" things are garenteed. So don't be too disapointed if you don't get them.Yea, it seems like most of the time the special little things are totally on the whim of the particular cast member you meet. I stayed at the GCH two years ago for my bday, and the lady at check-in asked why we were staying there. I had never heard of the button/autographed pic thing, but when I told her it was my bday she disappeared and returned with said button, autographed photo (of Mickey and Minnie) AND a balloon. She started cracking up because the gasp I let out and the excitement on my face probably rivaled that of any child she'd ever encountered. I was BEAMING the rest of the day whenever someone told me happy birthday.

Later that afternoon my friend and I stopped at Whitewater Snacks for a little refreshment, and it was totally dead in there, so the two bored cashiers went NUTS over me. They let me pick out any dessert I wanted for free, whipped out a candle and proceeded to sing happy birthday to me with much enthusiasm and gusto. It was hilarious and SO sweet.

So, the moral of the story is that you can't really go into it expecting "freebies" to come flying your way. Part of the magic is that you never know what you're gonna get, or even if you'll get anything. When and if you do, it's such a fun surprise!

DopeyWife
05-31-2005, 07:48 AM
I had a blast when my wife and I were at Disneyland for my Birthday in December of 2 years ago. I got my sticker and from City Hall, but Goofy was at the office yet because the phone would not work, but did get a cool Autographed Mickey 8X10.

They gave you an autographed picture at City Hall? I thought only the hotels gave those out?