PDA

View Full Version : overnighter

Nancy
05-29-2005, 02:49 PM
We just stayed at another theme park in No. Calif this weekend and they had an overnighter that had us sleep with the sharks. It was a lot of fun. It made me think about an Annual pass holders overnight stay at Disneyland. There could be so many possibilities too. We could learn all kinds of inside tricks or secrects. I was trying to think of places to sleep. Innoventions came to mind because it's big. The Tiki Room would be fun too. I'm sure the lawyers would never allow it, but if they could the price would probably be sky high too. That would be a dream come true for a lot of people!!!

sdfilmcritic
05-29-2005, 02:52 PM
It's not the lawyers that would be raising a fuss over it. It would probably be the overnight crew who would. They have only eight hours (sometimes even less during the summer schedule) to get both parks cleaned up and mantained before the parks open up the next day. If there are guests in the park then the guests would serve as a detour that would slow the service staff down from getting the whole park cleaned and ready overnight.

Nancy
05-29-2005, 02:59 PM
When we first got there, the park was still opened. We went to a special area to get started. I think it could be worked out at Disneyland too. The employees get a good wage for the night and one was a trained EMT. The group doesn't have to be huge either. Ours was adults and children. Childern probably are not real intrested in any Disney history and why distroy the illusion for them anyway.

MammaSilva
05-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Not that it would ever happen, but I could think of several options for an overnight event... the first glaring one ... Tom Sawyers Island....what better way to "contain" the event...wait til the final fantasmic (or do it on a night when fantasmic is 'dark') raft the participants over to tom sawyer island.....have folk lore story tellers....breakfast on the Mark Twain in the morning....another location not nearly as 'sexy' but the Festival of fools arena area or Big Thunder Ranch area ....or what about toon town? Lock the gates....let folks sleep in Mickeys house or Minnies.....there are a LOT of potential hooks for somethign like that, but obviously Disney doesn't feel that the potential income warrents the effort.

Disneyfun
05-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Ah yes Sea world does this you can sleep in with the sharks or the penguins. I know they do this for boys and girl scouts. not sure about just any public.

My first thought when reading this would be DCA in the animation.

disney_leonard
05-29-2005, 08:01 PM
The San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park have similar sleepover programs for families and even one for adults only. I've been to two and they were really great. They provided dinner, a late night snack and breakfast in the morning. Both required that we bring tents and sleeping bags. Disney could do something similar but I don't know if it would be financially sucessful.