PDA

View Full Version : Waiting in line for rides this summer

lasekeye
05-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi,
We haven't been to DL during summer for many years. We are planning a 3 day trip this July 25. What should we expect the waits in line to be for the bigger rides? I remember as a kid the summers waits were crazy long...but maybe that was a kids perspective.

disneyperson
05-28-2005, 11:05 AM
The lines for the big rides, Splash, Space Mountain, Indie... will indeed be crazy long. In fact, all the lines will be long this summer. Use your fast pass wisely , relax, and accept it. Try ridemax. I haven't used it, but other padders have and they love it.

Pat-n-Eil
05-28-2005, 11:21 AM
I second the FastPass suggestion. Use it! It is free with every admission and all you have to do is know about it. For very popular rides, like Splash Mountain that gets very long waits - go get a FastPass first thing. With the return of Space Mountain, you may want to alternate your first FastPass on one of these, and then 2 hours later (or after the return time arrives) get a FastPass for the other. You will at least ensure pleasant shorter waits for those rides at least once that day :)

I will also take a moment to mention, again, the beauty of the Enhanced FastPass available only from AAA. If you are staying at a Disney property (Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian or Paradise Pier) and you book your stay through AAA, you will get the Enhance FastPass that allows you to get a FastPass for Every ride that has a FastPass at the same time.. thus eliminating all long lines for all of those rides.. and by the time you use all of your FastPasses, you can likely go and do it all again.

SilverStyle
05-28-2005, 11:33 AM
50th is going to be nuts which = long lines at the E-tix attractions. I would use the fastpass system at all times. I expect long standby times.

DisneyDustin22
05-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Even though it doesn't make that much of a difference during peak season, going during the week can help somewhat. Crowds should be a wee bit smaller on weekdays than weekends. Also, if you are planning a multi-day trip, utilize that to its extent. Plan one day to fit in all the shows and parades and what not, and then on another day, use the show and parade time to hit bigger attractions that will have less wait times during popular shows like Remember and Fantasmic. That is if you don't mind missing a show one of your days, it will help a lot if you want to get ample ride time in.

Disneyland2004
05-28-2005, 02:40 PM
awsome

Wendi
05-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Definitely take advantage of FastPass. You should try to determine which big ride is most important to you before you hit the parks in the morning, then bee-line straight for that attraction first thing in the morning before the big lines form. Grab a fast-pass either for that same ride (so you can ride it again) or for another biggie right away too.

Take DisneyDustin22's advice on riding your favorites while everyone else is watching the parades, it's a great time to ride.

Oh, and don't forget to wear a nice shady hat and sunscreen!!!

Vegitabeta
05-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Try ridemax. I haven't used it, but other padders have and they love it.

What is ridemax ?

bradk
05-30-2005, 04:13 AM
http://www.ridemax.com