PDA

View Full Version : Ever Stayed at the "Penny Sleeper Inn?"

mowsluver
05-27-2005, 07:06 PM
This last minute trip has me excited, but looking for inexpensive lodging has me CRAZY!
Has anyone stayed at the Penny Sleeper recently?
Read some good and some bad reviews....just want clean, no bugs and a pool!!

Thanks!

sdfilmcritic
05-27-2005, 11:09 PM
I didn't like the Penny Sleeper Inn. Not worth it, IMO.

phillyorig
05-28-2005, 05:41 AM
This last minute trip has me excited, but looking for inexpensive lodging has me CRAZY!
Has anyone stayed at the Penny Sleeper recently?
Read some good and some bad reviews....just want clean, no bugs and a pool!!

Thanks!

That "place" still open? I thought they tore it down for those new office's.
Did they have a pool?

Stayed there 5-6 yrs ago and let's just say you get what you pay for.

It was clean, VERY small rooms. The people there were rude.

The "continental breakfast" they "serve", well they check you if you take it out of the room making sure you only have one.. Had my mom, who was in a wheelchair, and the chair coulnd't fit in the door where the "breakfast" was served. Had to go on a 5 min rant to take 2 items out!!!

You can do alot better for just a little more money.

As the other post said.. DON'T BOTHER!!! NOT WORTH IT!!

BQ2
05-28-2005, 06:54 AM
That "place" still open? I thought they tore it down for those new office's.
Did they have a pool?

Stayed there 5-6 yrs ago and let's just say you get what you pay for.

It was clean, VERY small rooms. The people there were rude.

The "continental breakfast" they "serve", well they check you if you take it out of the room making sure you only have one.. Had my mom, who was in a wheelchair, and the chair coulnd't fit in the door where the "breakfast" was served. Had to go on a 5 min rant to take 2 items out!!!

You can do alot better for just a little more money.

As the other post said.. DON'T BOTHER!!! NOT WORTH IT!!

Ditto Above. The "continental breakfast" they "serve" is Tang and toast. Small truck stop type motel :(

Wendi
05-28-2005, 08:33 AM
I haven't, but my mom has... all I can say is that she came back saying that she will NEVER stay at the "Penny Pincher Inn" again, it was absolutely horrible... and my mom is not very picky and not at all materialistic in nature, KWIM?

MrsG
05-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Hubby keeps wanting to stay at the Penny Sleeper again, for nostalgia reasons. That was the first place we stayed at as a couple. It was the first year that the motel opened, so it was fresh and new. He thinks we should stay there again for the whole DL anniversary year. Maybe I'm not as sentimental as he is, but I have NO desire to stay there again.

RobRoz
05-28-2005, 09:35 PM
I have stay at over 25 Hotels/Motels/Moter Inn's in the area. Stay clear of the Penny Sleeper Inn . I have never been in a smaller room. Try Priceline.