PDA

View Full Version : Official DL postmark

DizMagic
05-27-2005, 05:20 AM
Is there somewhere in DL/DCA/DTD that I can mail a postcard with the official Disney postmark? At WDW you can have this done in the art store at DTD. Didn't know if there was a place that would stamp it "DISNEY" instead of Anaheim, CA. Thx

tod
05-27-2005, 05:32 AM
Is there somewhere in DL/DCA/DTD that I can mail a postcard with the official Disney postmark? At WDW you can have this done in the art store at DTD. Didn't know if there was a place that would stamp it "DISNEY" instead of Anaheim, CA. Thx

No Post Office in Disneyland. Occasionally, there will be a Disneyland cancellation for a special event, like the Disney stamp issue, and I believe there was one for one of the Snow White anniversaries, but the best you can do is the Holiday Station on Ball Road -- and I don't know if they give a special cancellation or not.

Sorry.

--t

Disnerd
05-27-2005, 06:59 AM
The post office may set up a special station at the park on July 17th. At least that's what they have done in the past.

Disneyfun
05-27-2005, 10:16 AM
WAIT When I worked there many years ago there were boxes you could put cards into all over the park. Are these gone? And in the Abe LIncon you could buy stamps. NOt sure if they did a disney post mark. But THey did have were you could mail stuff.

evrythngwmn
05-27-2005, 10:21 AM
WAIT When I worked there many years ago there were boxes you could put cards into all over the park. Are these gone? And in the Abe LIncon you could buy stamps. NOt sure if they did a disney post mark. But THey did have were you could mail stuff.

There are still mail drop boxes in different spots in the park and yes you can buy stamps at the exit to the Opera House (mr. Lincoln) but they will be postmarked Anaheim. No special Disney postmark.

Disneyfun
05-27-2005, 10:42 AM
There are still mail drop boxes in different spots in the park and yes you can buy stamps at the exit to the Opera House (mr. Lincoln) but they will be postmarked Anaheim. No special Disney postmark.
O Good I thought thye mayhave gotten rid of that THanks! For clearing it up!

pboeoahr
05-27-2005, 11:04 AM
I knew they still had the boxes. I mailed my taxes :crying: from there one year when we were down for my oldest daughters first visit.

AussieBill
05-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I Think i saw a notice on a mail box in Main St that mail is collected and forwarded on to Anahiem Post Office.

bradk
05-30-2005, 04:28 AM
To clarify.

There USED to be a Disneyland postmark. Years and years ago.

What the Anaheim Post office has been doing as of late for the anniversaries is putting a special salute to Disneyland on the cancellation mark. The postmark still comes from Anaheim, but it will have a line paying tribute to DL on it. It's just like a lot of the advertising you'll see on cancellation marks nowadays, like with Robots and all that.

In order for DL to have its own postmark, it has to have its own zipcode and there are special requirements for that which all the reasons why it no longer happens escapes me at the moment. So i doubt there will be a Disneyland post office for July 17, but I'd be certain that any mail sent from Anaheim will have a notice about the 50th anniversary on it. I'd be surprised if it doesn't already, but there may be a special one for July 17 as well.

There are many mail dropboxes throughout the park (however, they're so disguised that when you see them, you mistake them for being props). The mail is collected and delivered to the Anaheim post office, but there's no set schedule for this.