PDA

View Full Version : trip report 5/22-5/23

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-26-2005, 09:40 PM
After a lovely quick drive from San Diego arrived at the PPH around 10:30 registered and headed through California Adventure to get fast passes for GRR and Soaring. Met our friends at the Plaza Inn had a soda and headed straight to BLAB to get a fast pass. Traveling slowly through the park with a small herd of kidlets (6,4,3 and 1 1/2)

Really hot day, lots of people but the lines seemed to be flowing very smoothly. First ride the Jungle Cruise, surprisingly short line, the kids LOVE all new pirahnas, thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Next went to Buzz, used the fastpasses and we all thought the ride was awesome, would have gone again, but we needed to hoof it to Splash for fast passes before they ran out. Got our fast passes and took the kids to Winnie the Pooh, the kids really seem to like it and my little guy shouts and claps his hands all through the ride.

Rode POTC, once again, no line, what a great day, sunny weather, lots of people to watch and lines that moved quickly!

We had a 2:40 PS for Blue Bayou so we headed over early in hopes of getting a water table. This time is was not to be, we had the table in the very back closest to the restrooms and really bad service. Food of course was fine, but the service was horrendous.

Finished lunch, and it was off to fantasyland. The kids got to ride on Casey Jr on the train with the gold engine. Dumbo and Peter Pan had long lines and the older kids didn't want to wait. So they rode the carousel (my dd rode the golden horse, she was soooo excited) Pinocchio and IASW. Then off to Toontown for Gadget's go coaster. By this time the park was getting a little more crowded and the line for the matterhorn was pretty long, so we decided to head over to SPLASH, as we were walking by at 6 pm to use our fastpasses the fastpass machines ran out and closed for the night. My friend's 3 year old had never ridden Splash, he sat in the back seat with my husband and had a fabulous time, we got the best picture of him coming down the hill with a huge grin on his face.

Next, the Tiki Room and a dole whip float, it looks so nice and clean and shiny inside.

My friends were driving back to San Diego so they left after the Tiki festivities, and we headed back to the hotel.

My kids were really tired so my husband and I decided to leave them with his mom and head back to the park. Our room had a great view of DCA so they were able to watch the MSEP before they fell asleep.

DH and I hoofed it back for a quick ride on TOT and then off to Disneyland to see the fireworks. We managed to stand by the Plaza Inn and could see almost everything. So fantastic, they really outdid themselves with the music and all. Next time we take the kids, they were just too tired.

Managed to get through the crowds after the show and took a ride on the haunted mansion, then monorailed back DTD to have a drink and collapse in a heap.

To be continued, .......................................

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Today started out just fantastic. Breakfast at the Lilo and Stich Aloha breakfast. Lots of character interaction and the kids got to Hula with Minnie and Lilo.

Got to the bag check around 9:40 and didn't get into the front gates until after 10:30, what a mess, lots of people and very few CM's manning the bag check.

Headed straight to Fantasyland and all of the rides had long lines, for a Monday in May it seemed packed. We did manage to ride Dumbo and the Carousel again, and headed back to BLAB. This is where our magical day really began, as we were leaving BLAB, PUSH was trundling out of his hiding place. Near Star Tours he rolled up to my DD and said "good morning Princess, how are you?" I thought she was going to fall over, she was so shocked, PUSH and my daughter bantered back in forth for several minutes, when she had had enough, she told him "goodbye" and he said "wait Katie, can I come live withyou and be your new brother" truly horrified she put her hands on her hips and said" I all ready have a brother, he is over there with my grandma". She is still talking about her day with the trashcan.

Next, back to Splash Mountain and Pooh, my DD again was able to ride in the front seat and got as she calls it "soak ed", once last trip on Winnie the Pooh and straight into the gift shop for a stuffed prize. My son picked out a Tigger plush and was cuddling it as we walking out of the shop. Tigger was outside with a long line and when he saw my son he chased after him to give him a pat on the head and a hug. All the way up the walk way the baby waved and blew kisses at Tigger. That was one of the best moments we have had there, totally took us by surprise and was just really special.

We were going to ride POTC and the JC one more time, but the lines were unbelievably long, so we headed to California Adventure. Rode Soaring, got drenched on GRR and let the kids ride the rides in Bugs land to their hearts content. It wasn't as busy as the day before, but the lines were much longer.

Didn't get on too many rides , but we had a nice relaxing day.

Love all the 50th deco, can't wait til our next excursion.

GrimmGreen
05-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Next, back to Splash Mountain and Pooh, my DD again was able to ride in the front seat and got as she calls it "soak ed", once last trip on Winnie the Pooh and straight into the gift shop for a stuffed prize. My son picked out a Tigger plush and was cuddling it as we walking out of the shop. Tigger was outside with a long line and when he saw my son he chased after him to give him a pat on the head and a hug. All the way up the walk way the baby waved and blew kisses at Tigger. That was one of the best moments we have had there, totally took us by surprise and was just really special.

this is cool... just cool... infact i remember one time , it was jan 04 , the last ride my brother and i did for the night was Splashmountain , being January the park was empty , and as we were exiting the ride both Pooh and Tigger where hiding , and they jumped out and scared us. it was so funny , we took some pictures and left , and i dont know if they do that regularly , but it made my whole night

Chadsgal
05-27-2005, 04:39 PM
AAAWWWWWW I am loving you trip report! :D I loved what Tigger did for you little boy!!

SeansMom
05-27-2005, 11:08 PM
What a great trip report...like a mini-mind vacation for me!
Those moments with the kids, wow, just precious! THAT'S what DL is about IMO, and that's what makes it so fun with kids.

bradk
05-30-2005, 04:34 AM
glad ya had fun. i love PUSH! although he seems very lonely. when i saw him, he kept asking people for hugs and inviting people to go on rides with him but nobody took him up on the offer.

just curious, when you got to BB, did you ASK for a waterside table?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-30-2005, 09:23 AM
glad ya had fun. i love PUSH! although he seems very lonely. when i saw him, he kept asking people for hugs and inviting people to go on rides with him but nobody took him up on the offer.

just curious, when you got to BB, did you ASK for a waterside table?

We did ask, but it would have been a 30 minute wait, and the kids were ready to eat an hour ago (even after large quantities of snacks). We have previously sat waterside and loved it, sitting so far to the rear of the restuarant really kills the atmosphere, next time I would definitely find a way to keep the hungry little people happy and wait.

My daughter is still talking about PUSH and his offer to come home and be her new brother.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
05-31-2005, 02:33 PM
Glad to here that you had such a good time. Like your Daughter I too love Push it is a great addition to Tomorrow land. I did however spot his controller the last time i was there but it is a very cool sight to see as he roams around TL.

Hakuna Makarla
05-31-2005, 02:41 PM
I enjoyed your report, thank you so much!!

bradk
05-31-2005, 03:43 PM
I did however spot his controller the last time i was there

I have quite a few photos of him, I posted one in my trip photos at the link below, but I have to give the guy credit, it took me about half an hour I'd guess to even find him (although I was concentrating on PUSH most of the time) and once you find him, you have to keep your eye on him because he's constantly moving and weaving in and out of the crowds to keep himself inconspicuous even though he has his hand stuck in a laptop bag and is constantly talking into the collar of his shirt. very funny and talented guy.

Disneyfun
05-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Great Pics! Agian. I am so enjoying them And I a regualr to disney!
Hey got quick question for you. . . Mickey's Toontown madness?
It that on any schedules? If so where If not when is it? Is it for EE people only or all? It Looks like something I would like to take my daughter to.
We useually go later in the day 10:00 or 2:00 But Lately i am likeing the idea of getting there for rope drop. SHould I head straight to TOon town? IN other words Any info on MTM would be helpful. EIther PM me or feel free to start a new topic on it. Other might want ot know too