PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember the Neon Cactus?

GrimGrinninGhost
05-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I was a neon cactus local for as long as it was open..Right after Sgt. Prestons

I used to be friends of the band..They played at the Lost Bar after the cactus was gone...

I loved the place...any one remember it? :)

Disneyfun
05-26-2005, 02:33 PM
I was a neon cactus local for as long as it was open..Right after Sgt. Prestons

I used to be friends of the band..They played at the Lost Bar after the cactus was gone...

I loved the place...any one remember it? :)
OMG! I forgot all about that!. YEP I remeber that and NOw I know where this lost bar is I keep hearing about!
Wow Talk about bringing back memories.

GrimGrinninGhost
05-26-2005, 04:08 PM
come on somebody can remember

SCUBAbe
05-26-2005, 05:04 PM
yep...we had aloy of fun there one night...all the details are hazy, bit I know it was fun...lol

azlaura
05-26-2005, 05:58 PM
I remember it! They played country music(right??) and good drinks!

wotruba-disney
05-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Disney was great! They let teenagers into the place until 10PM, no alcohol for teens of course. Loved the music. Miss the Neon Cactus, but miss the Monorail Cafe more, especially bread pudding and chicken noodle soup!

Neon Cactus
05-28-2005, 09:10 AM
The Neon Cactus was awesome. Between Sherri, Angie, and the two Stephanies, they had the best service, the best refillable mugs (very solid glass, not plastic), and just great ambience.

hlbtimes2
05-28-2005, 09:45 AM
I remember it. Dh and I stayed one night at DLH about 12 years ago. We had a couple drinks there late one night. I dont remember much about it, other then it was a country place and we hated country at the time. Now I love country music and wish it was still there!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh yeah! LOVED the watermelon shots!

Disneyland4Jamy
05-28-2005, 02:51 PM
How could I forget? It was so fun watching people dance & really cut loose after a long day at Disneyland. Great band, too. :cool:

RStar
05-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Oh, yeah. It was great!

defm22
05-28-2005, 04:20 PM
It was a great place to wind down after a fun filled day at the park and review your day over your favorite beverage.

Followed up with a nice quiet night time walk along the walkways around the waterfalls on the hotel property. So quiet and peaceful after midnight.

I also miss the flashing blue and pink "Monorail Cafe" sign in that area.

MrsG
05-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Neon Cactus was a nice place for an "adult beverage" after a day at the park.

Really miss Monorail Cafe, though. A great place for a real meal (not a hamburger or corn dog - not that there is anything wrong with those!). It had it's own kind of charm. Disney-ish without being bombarded with Princesses or other characters.