PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic viewing

msgmg68
05-26-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry in advance, I know there have been posts before, but I am having trouble finding them.
Where is the "secret" area to view FANTASMIC!? I thought it was somewhere near POTC.

05-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Bump!

MousePadders, you know this one. Spill!

Vegitabeta
05-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Isn't it like, that bridge/ledge thing over the entrance to POTC?

msgmg68
05-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Isn't it like, that bridge/ledge thing over the entrance to POTC?

I thought it was right there...I think there may be a light pole or something that appears to be in the way, but it moves once FANTASMIC! starts.

Thanks!

DangerMouse
05-31-2005, 08:03 AM
Ok, there is an area just up the hill from POTC (to the left if you are walking out of the entrance) where there is a very large lighting pole. If you stand right behind this lighting pole (there is a rail in front of you), about 5 minutes before the show the lighting pole raises, giving you an excellent view of the show. Granted, you have to stand during the show, but it's not all that long and you can kind of lean against the railing. The important part of this spot is that you need to stay to the far right side of this lighting area, right behind the lighting/sound guys, because if you are too far to the left, there will be a couple lamp posts in your way.

We had this spot in April and really enjoyed it!

Leap for Joy
05-31-2005, 08:24 AM
Ride the train to New Orleans square during the first showing. Be ready to move in as the crowd leaves toward Main Street. Plunk yourself down near the waterfront, centered with the stage on the island.

Some people like to be in the front row, but I don't like to watch through the railing. I sit at the back of that section. If you sit at the back, leave about 3 feet behind you as that's where they'll rope off a pathway. You can't lean against, or sit on, the planter edge.

Spread out when you first get there, people will crowd in at the very last minute and it's nice to be able to give them space, and still have the right amount of space for yourself. If you only take the right amount of space to start with, you'll feel crowded in.

msgmg68
05-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks so much for your input! My kids are really going to love this!!

odnamraortsac
05-31-2005, 10:14 AM
My "secret area" is the smoking area in front of the Haunted Mansion by the riverside. It's rarely crowded and the only disadvantage is that you have to put up with the cigarette smoke. And the smokers certainly have the right to be smoking because it is their area. However most seem to put out their cigarettes during the show. The view is a little off to the side but you are right in front of one of the "water spray" screens.