PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new show at the Fantasyland Theatre

DisneylandBoy
01-27-2002, 07:29 PM
I think I have figured out a cool show that can go into Fantasyland Theatre. It could be a bunch of Disney characters when they are kids (teens). If it was well done, it could be a big hit . . . .unless they take the cheap way out.

What are your ideas?

MonorailMan
01-27-2002, 08:04 PM
I Like this Idea! :)

Maybe cause I'm a teen. :)

tabacco
01-27-2002, 09:39 PM
I think it'd be cool to have a Lilo and Stitch show, when that comes out. Or maybe go with a classic. With B&tB in IMAX right now, how about a stage show from that? They could have a whole ballroom number and everything. I think it'd be great!

DisneyFreak2000
01-27-2002, 09:52 PM
When does Blast leave? I was just thinking, after that leaves (if timed right) they could release a Beauty and the Beast stage show there right when the DVD for the Special Editiont comes out (a little bit of marketing) that way they could add in a new segment for Human Again!!!! For the Fantsyland Theatre, I really miss Anniamzement. That was a kick *** show. ::sniffle sniffle:: I like the teen Disney idea but I like the idea of a more classic show. Like having a "Happily Ever AFter" show with three parts: Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping BEauty. Anything but the cheesy Minnie's Chirstmas Party types.

Mouse
01-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Would it ruin this thread if I were to tell you what the show is going to be?

Well, in lue of a response... If I had to make up a show it would be about all the minor characters in every movie singing about being in the background...hey wait- is that like chance to shine? Well, in that case, my second idea would be a villain show... Hell is that like fantasmic? Ahhh... can't I think of anything original?

Try again: Mickey and Minnie talk about all the cartoons they've been in. And it's like a flashback show where characters reenact Mickey and Minnie's finest moments.

or: All the fantasyland characters (Snow White, Alice, Pinocchio, etc. ) sing about getting into trouble and the relief of solving the problems.

Nigel2
01-28-2002, 10:50 PM
So what some of you are saying with beauty and the beast is that you want the show they had before?:)

Gemini Cricket
01-28-2002, 10:58 PM
They should have an interactive "Murder Mystery" type dinner theatre thing, without the murder and without dinner. Have kids figure out who dognapped Pluto from Mickey's house or who took Aladdin's lamp from him etc. That way kids could figure it out for themselves and they could come up with a different mystery with each show. It could be corny, but I think it's something kids and parents could sit, watch and discuss together.
:)
Maybe Fairy Tales they haven't done yet with other characters starring in it.

Or maybe a villains show. With all the villains starring. They could do stunts.

Or maybe a stage show of Fantasmic once it goes to Yesterland. They could have a huge AA dragon...:)

DisneylandBoy
01-29-2002, 05:24 AM
In Al's Column today he tells us what the show is . . . go check it out for yourself. Sounds . . . . great? Oh well . . . . . .

Mouse
01-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by DisneyLad
They should have an interactive "Murder Mystery" type dinner theatre thing, without the murder and without dinner. Have kids figure out who dognapped Pluto from Mickey's house or who took Aladdin's lamp from him etc.

Wow! DisneyLad your right on the mark. Like DisneylandBoy mentioned Al mentions "Mick Tracy" in his column.

more info, the plot: Mick Tracy is trying to find who dognapped Pluto. Major suspects include Crullea Devil and Captain Hook.

The show sounds cute but as Al mentioned I think it will be more along the lines of Minnie’s x-mas show then anamazment.

DisneylandBoy
01-30-2002, 05:09 PM
I liked Minnie's X-Mas Party. It was very fun and the cast was great! The sets don't need to be HUGE for it to be a good show. The set was very nice and it worked well with the show. The plot was fun and I REALLY liked the snow at the end!

One question: Were the character's voices tracked or did they say the lines live? If they were tracked, that would be very tricky for the live actors to time it right!

Mouse
01-30-2002, 07:01 PM
The character voices are tracked and the human actor's voices were live. Timeing(sp) is the name of the game.;)