PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Orleans and French Market Restaurants

dlandnut
05-26-2005, 09:07 AM
I've been looking at the menus for the subject restaurants and also pictures. I can't make a distinction between the two (in my mind). Where are they each located, or are they next to each other? I know I've probably eaten at both restaurants, but I can't quite figure out which is which. We ate at one a few years ago, cafeteria service and then outside to eat, where we watched part of Fantasmic. Help!!! :)

GrimGrinninGhost
05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
The French Market is located to the New Orleans Square train station..It has an alright view of Fantasmic, but there its too many things around it that distort the view...The Cafe Orleans is right outside the exit to POTC..I would think it is a better view but its never open and I never see anyone going in there or coming out...So there ya go

olegc
05-26-2005, 10:34 AM
all NOS eating places share a couple of menu items (soup bowls) but that;s about it. FM has fried chicken, another dish - usually beef, sandwich specials, pasta, great deserts...

Cafe Orleans, if ever open, tends to stick to sandwiches and fried foods.

There is a third option - the small window next to le Bat En Rouge - has soup bowls and fritters...

Chadsgal
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Is the FM sit down only???

cstephens
05-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Neither restaurant is table service. While there are seating areas near both restaurants, you get in a line to get your food and then you carry your tray to whatever table you want.

I so miss Cafe Orleans. They destroyed the menu, imo. Where's my cajun chicken caesar salad?

Chadsgal
05-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Neither restaurant is table service. While there are seating areas near both restaurants, you get in a line to get your food and then you carry your tray to whatever table you want.

I so miss Cafe Orleans. They destroyed the menu, imo. Where's my cajun chicken caesar salad?

Thanks sooo much!!! :) I am so excited to try the French Dip at the FM for the first time!

dlandnut
05-26-2005, 11:12 AM
French Dip, here I come!!! :)

crazi4dlr
05-26-2005, 01:19 PM
IMHO - ya gotta try the fried chicken at the FM. I remember it from when I was a kid ('70's) and had it again last summer when we were there. It's still as good as I remember it. And the Mint Julep too, although that is a matter of personal preference.

Disneyfun
05-26-2005, 02:40 PM
OKay Let me get this right French dip and french market. RIGHT?

FD at FM That would make it easy to remember.
I hope this is right!

Rhiannon8404
05-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know why the Cafe Orleans is never open? I can't ever remember seeing it open.

sleepyjeff
05-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know why the Cafe Orleans is never open? I can't ever remember seeing it open.

It might upset the cash flow of some nearby ODV carts ;)

GrumpyUTboi
05-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Mint Julep YUCK! I can't stand the taste! It was like taking a bottle of Scope and drinking it. YUCK!

adriennek
05-26-2005, 10:06 PM
The last time I ate at French Market, I had that Zero's Bowl of Bones. Those were some GOOOOOOOOD chicken legs. I wanted to know how they did it. Probably just some seasoning salt or something, but they were very tender and very tasty! And the ribs were good, too!

Adrienne