PDA

View Full Version : Best Romantic Restaurant

Pages : [1] 2

T&Rshep
05-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Can anyone reccomend a good restaurant to celebrate an anniversary at?

Disneyfun
05-25-2005, 03:53 PM
BB In new orleans,
Napa rose at The CGH

Disneyfun
05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh OUt side of Disneyland Orange Hill. Take Chapman (South of Katella) Go east Till you hit the hills go up hill.

GrimGrinninGhost
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Blue Buyou at Disneyland, Granvilles at Disneyland Hotel, Ariels Grotto at Cali Adventure

Disneynerd
05-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Grandvilles in the Disneyland Hotel

or

Blue Bayou inside POTC - which I've never eaten at, but it looks super romantic!

Happy Anniversary!

CarlieB
05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Ralph Brennan's
Catal
Napa Rose

Rhiannon8404
05-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I had a very romantic 11th Anniversary dinner at the Vineyard Room in DCA last year.

ken001b
05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Club 33

Freerider127
05-25-2005, 09:32 PM
If you cant get club 33, then napa rose or blue bayou.

mkcbunny
05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Napa Rose

CoasterChickie
05-25-2005, 10:42 PM
The Vineyard Room at sunset!! :)

TikiGeek
05-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Napa Rose. Best food at DLR too. Make reservations.

KarenW2
05-27-2005, 12:35 AM
We had a nice dinner for our 26th anniversary tonite! 26 years on the 26th! Because Club 33 was booked & we couldn't get a reservation, we ate at Napa Rose this time. My hubby had the vintner's dinner with wine pairings and I had the duck. I had his lemon, lobster & ravioli pea soup appetizer from the vintner's and he ordered the shrimp starter. Our waiter brought me a couple of Rieslings to try. I liked one much better than the other. The food was really great!

When my hubby made the reservation, he told them it was for our anniversary, plus I made us "Happy Anniversary - 26 years - 5-26-79 to 5-26-05" stickers, so each of us could wear them today. Some CMs noticed them and wished us a Happy Anniversary, others didn't say anything. One CM, desperate to have someone to talk to later in the day, talked to us about it and even sang us a "Happy Anniversary" song!

My hubby's dinner came with dessert and I ordered the flourless chocolate cake with the tiny scoop of chocolate ice cream. When they brought the desserts out, they had written "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on the plate. They comped my dessert, then they brought us each a very nice glass of an Asti that was red, also comped. Very sparkly and romantic! The manager came by to wish us a Happy Anniversary and to ask how our meal was.

While it wasn't as romantic, cozy and quiet as our 25 year anniversary dinner last year at Granville's, when my hubby set up with Chef Jason & the pastry chef to do a special chocolate sculpture with creme brules for our anniversary dessert, we still had a very nice dinner.

So all that said, it depends on what you'd like for dinner. If you'd like a nice, quiet, cozy, romantic meal of steak & such, go for Granville's at DLH. It's like an oasis, in the midst of the chaos of the parks & DTD. If you want a noisier dinner with a lot of other choices, go to Napa Rose. Happy Anniversary!

sdfilmcritic
05-27-2005, 01:27 AM
I wish I could answer this question, but {sigh} I have no romantic experience at the parks.

nursemelis374
05-27-2005, 07:08 AM
The only bad thing about BB is that you don't really get any privacy. The tables are close together! I still love it though and think it is pretty romantic! I also think it is romantic to get food and watch the fireworks or Fantasmic!

adriennek
05-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Napa.

Rose.

Adrienne

Rhiannon8404
05-27-2005, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=KarenW2]When they brought the desserts out, they had written "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on the plate. They comped my dessert, then they brought us each a very nice glass of an Asti that was red, also comped. QUOTE]

This is very similar to our experience at the Vineyard room. We ordered a dessert to share and it came with Happy 11th Anniversary written in chocolate around the perimiter of the plate. DH didn't tell them it was our anniversary when he made reservations, but the CM asked us if it was a special occasion when we ordered champagne. They comped the dessert, but not the whole bottle of champagne (but we didn't complain ;) ).

Missing Marbles
05-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Blue Bayou is very romantic. Our first date, wedding proposal, and on July 2nd our honeymoon has been/will be there.
I have never been to club 33, but would love to have our honeymoon there instead. Unfortunately, I do not have the proper connections :(

We have found Catels, Story Tellers Cafe, and Ralph Brennan's romantic, too.

wabby1
05-27-2005, 02:19 PM
I've never experienced the Napa Rose, but it looks very romantic. I recommend the Blue Bayou, mainly for the atmosphere....and the food is great.

05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Eating pancakes at the River Belle could be wildly romantic with the right person.

An ice cream come by the Wishing Well ... not too shabby, either.

I know the OP wants to know the best romantic restaurant. But I really do think spontaneity has a lot going for it.

Pat-n-Eil
05-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Eating pancakes at the River Belle could be wildly romantic with the right person.

An ice cream come by the Wishing Well ... not too shabby, either.

I know the OP wants to know the best romantic restaurant. But I really do think spontaneity has a lot going for it.

This is what I was thinking.. Any restaurant can be romantic. I have not dined in the Napa Rose room, but it looks very elegant - however my wife and I do enjoy a nice meal at Storytellers Cafe. Even though it is more a family restaurant with a craftsman style, we find it to be quite fun.

Disneyfun
05-28-2005, 08:20 PM
This is what I was thinking.. Any restaurant can be romantic. I have not dined in the Napa Rose room, but it looks very elegant - however my wife and I do enjoy a nice meal at Storytellers Cafe. Even though it is more a family restaurant with a craftsman style, we find it to be quite fun.
I just think Storytellers has the best food. There corn Chowder is to die for!!

bradk
05-30-2005, 04:16 AM
BB is NOT romantic. It's a beautiful restaurant, dimly lit and all that, but it's a FAMILY restaurant (i.e., you will be surrounded by kids) and you always risk the chance of POTC riders disturbing your meal (which didn't happen with me, but I've heard the stories). if you were the only 2 people in it, then it'd be perfect, but this is a restaurant that's almost always at capacity.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-30-2005, 09:09 AM
We had our 20th a the Vineyard room. I recommend it highly. One of the great big advantages was that we could have a long, unrushed dinner with outstanding food and wine and not worry about the boys-they dined at Casa del Zocolo and topped it off on the Matterhorn...

-TLMt

sdfilmcritic
05-30-2005, 10:03 AM
BB is NOT romantic. <snip> and you always risk the chance of POTC riders disturbing your meal (which didn't happen with me, but I've heard the stories).That would be correct. If anyone has the time they could do a very thorough search of these threads for the restaraunt and read the stories about bread rolls flying like cannonballs over the water or college students in the boats screaming their school's name toward the restaurant and getting a reply from the students of another school who are sitting in the restaraunt. Etc, etc, etc.