PDA

View Full Version : Paying for AP with DD/GC?

CrazyTrain
05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Can you pay for an annual passport with Disney dollars and/or a Disneyland gift card?
TY! ;)

mystycalchyk
05-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Hmmm good question. I dont see why not.

CrazyTrain
05-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Me neither, but I just want to be sure :)

Tink65
05-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Can you pay for an annual passport with Disney dollars and/or a Disneyland gift card?
TY! ;)

In December we wanted to get our friends a gift card for a x-mas pres to apply towards buying their passes, I went to the bank at Disneyland and they said they could not use the gift card for the purchase of passes but they could use the DD, so I did that instead, things may have changed by now, I know the castmember thought that it might change. Hope this helps.

crazyduck1
05-26-2005, 08:05 AM
TY! ;)
You can only use Disney dollars $$$$ not the gift card to pay for the annual passports.....

CrazyTrain
05-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Disney Dollars it is then.
Thanks! :D

experiment626
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Disney Dollars can be used just like cash anywhere inside the Disney Parks.

Gift Cards on the other hand usually have restrictions.

sjcivilady
05-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Would I be able to use my VISA reward card to pay for upgrading a hopper to an AP?

Disneyfun
05-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Okay how aboutthis question can you use a disney gift card to get disney dollars?

Arnie
05-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Okay how aboutthis question can you use a disney gift card to get disney dollars?

Probably not because you could then trade those Disney Dollars in for real cash money. Gift cards usually require you to spend all of it whever the gift card is good for. Meaning even if there is only 10 cents on the card, No they can't just give you the dime.

mystycalchyk
05-26-2005, 02:55 PM
You can only use Disney dollars $$$$ not the gift card to pay for the annual passports.....

Good to know. I woudnt have thought it made a difference or even considered that it would be a problem. Good to have this info tucked into my brain for future reference :)

experiment626
05-26-2005, 03:08 PM
You generally can not "cash in" a gift card. And since DD are cash, I would assume that you could not use a GC to purchase DD.

I have heard you can use a Disney Visa Rewards Card to purchase DD. '

And as far as I know you can use a Disney Visa Rewards Card to purchase an AP. Since that seems to be one of the things they say about the card is to earn Rewards for park admission.

Maus
05-26-2005, 06:34 PM
And as far as I know you can use a Disney Visa Rewards Card to purchase an AP. Since that seems to be one of the things they say about the card is to earn Rewards for park admission.
Yes, you can. When renewing by mail you can write in your Rewards card number somewhere on the form and they will use it that way too. Maybe soon they will have a space on the renewal application for this!

MyBeast
05-27-2005, 12:54 AM
The Disneyland gift cards are Merchandise cards only - they can only be used to purchase merchandise at the stores. No food, no tickets, no outdoor vending.

bradk
05-30-2005, 04:52 AM
just to add...

as a rule of thumb, gift cards are usually not redeemable for cash simply because the retailer already has the money. if you don't spend it all, they come out on top. so the worst case scenario is they break even.

i once had a gift card for $50 and wanted to exchange it for 2 $25s so I could regift. The retailer told me no, and I can't say I blame them. not only did they get the $50 someone paid to give me a card, but then they got another $50 because I had to buy 2 more cards.

experiment626
05-30-2005, 09:59 AM
as a rule of thumb, gift cards are usually not redeemable for cash simply because the retailer already has the money. if you don't spend it all, they come out on top. so the worst case scenario is they break even.
But from an accounting stand point that unused giftcetificate is a liablity. That is why retailers want them to expire. Or charge an fee if not used for 6 months or whatever. Of course in California they can do neither.