PDA

View Full Version : Old ride Vehicles

Run4Beanies
01-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Has anyone spotted any old ride vehicles recently. I know behind disneyland in front of TDA building there are 3 people mover cars. Also at DCA there was a rocket rod. I think on the monorail, you can see one of those old boats that used to run in the Rivers of America.

Hades
01-27-2002, 04:24 PM
I posted the following on the "Monorail Red" thread last week....

Just a note on the old Monorail Red. It is still in service, of sorts. After it was retired from the beam, it was sent to a company that makes limosines. The front car (the one with the bubble) was slightly shortened and joined with the end cone from the last car. It is now called "Mouserail One" and is sometimes used on promotional events across the United States.

I happened to come upon it on the 60 freeway once. Quite a site! One of the little details on it are it's rear view mirrors. They are shaped like... you guessed it! Mouse icons! It is usually kept in storage in the parade floats building at DL, but I haven't been back there recently. I'm sure some of the older CMs know of what I am talking about.

As to the fate of the other monorails of the original fleet, I'm affraid I can't shed any light on them.

As to other old ride vehicles, there is an old Autopia car, People Mover car, and a Skyway car (although I'm not 100 percent sure about the Skyway car) in the Eat Ticket cast member cafetiria next to the TDA building. At the last Disneyana Convention that was held at the Disneyland Resort, many Autopia car bodies and a Toon Town Trolly car were auctioned off. I have heard that the Dumbo elephants were also auctioned off at previous Disneyana Conventions also.

Uncle Dick
02-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Run4Beanies
Has anyone spotted any old ride vehicles recently. I know behind disneyland in front of TDA building there are 3 people mover cars. Also at DCA there was a rocket rod. I think on the monorail, you can see one of those old boats that used to run in the Rivers of America.

You can see numerous old Tomorrowland vehicles in the Premiere Shop. A vehicle from the old mine train ride is visible along the banks of the Rivers of America.

DisneyFiend
02-06-2002, 08:21 PM
A few weeks ago on Ebay, Disney auctioned off a rocket rod vehicle, as well as a couple other vehicles. In case you don't know, their Ebay auctions can be seen at http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/disneyauctionears

They have some cool stuff on there sometimes.

Nigel2
02-06-2002, 10:47 PM
If you are talking about the same RR car (the promo one that doesn't function) that was months ago. Also the one thing that they couldn't no matter how they tried was the blimp from Journey into Imagination. It was highly desired but with a S&H cost of $5,000 for west coast to $15,000 for east coast it didn't go over 300 dollars (lots of retractions) so they pulled it.

The have sold a Snow White Car from DLR, a Mr. Toad Car from WDW I beleive (I think they didn't sell any from us) and a Keel Boat, a Jolly Trolley and I think that is it.

DisneyFiend
02-07-2002, 08:38 PM
yeah, i saw that auction when they tried to sell the blimp. with how big it is, and with the cost of shipping it, i'm not surprised with how low it went for.

i just looked at the disney auctions, and saw that they're selling a dumbo ride vehicle. it should be interesting to see how high it goes. it's at http://cgi.ebay.com/disney/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700839531&r=0&t=0

Nigel2
02-07-2002, 10:19 PM
I guess they pulled the blimp (two times actually) because they figured that if they couldn't get at least a grand for it then let it sit in the archives. Actually the first time they pulled it was becuase they had a picture of figment in there and they didn't want to include him or the dreamfinder.