PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed and not returning til September

ppmuse
05-25-2005, 07:08 AM
First, I love Disney's Theme Parks, and if I had a choice, I would go to WDW every month until I pass away. But over the last six months, my wife, my 6-11 month old son, and myself have been going to Disneyland almost every two months. It was awesome. To see the new decorations, stuff repainted, things coming out of rehab looking beautiful, and even riding on Buzz Lightyear. Then we went on the first weekend of the 50th. Awesome again, looked wonderful, and we had a blast looking for the 50's.

But now what's going to get us going during the busy summer months? My wife and I sat down and we decided, well, nothing really is going to get us there. That lack of new original rides and the fact there is going to a lot of people, just doesn't seem like a nice relaxing vacation for me. I think Matt O was right, they need new original rides. Also, no giveaways? I keep hoping that maybe something will come up in July, but I doubt it. Back during the 35th (I do believe), that really got my family in the gates a lot. Now, I think we'll skip over the summer months.

My dad just got back from Euro Disney. He came over to the house last night extremely excited because he had gone on Space Mountain there and loved it. He was planning a trip to Disneyland when Space Mountain opened just so he could ride it again. He believed that we were getting a clone of the Euro Disney Space Mountain. I told him that they had just redone the tracks. He cancelled his trip, and postponed it to later.

Can't wait to see what Matt O has in store with us. It's just too bad that it's after the big celebration.

05-25-2005, 11:15 AM
But now what's going to get us going during the busy summer months? My wife and I sat down and we decided, well, nothing really is going to get us there. That lack of new original rides and the fact there is going to a lot of people, just doesn't seem like a nice relaxing vacation for me.

It'll be good to take a break. Let everyone else elbow their way down Main Street in 90 degree heat, eh?

I think Matt O was right, they need new original rides.

Agreed!

Also, no giveaways? I keep hoping that maybe something will come up in July, but I doubt it. Back during the 35th (I do believe), that really got my family in the gates a lot.

I can see how that would entice locals. For myself who gets to Disneyland hardly ever, a giveaway is nice but not a draw.

maryxmas
05-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Back during the 35th (I do believe)....

Not trying to nit pick, but I think it was the 30th. I think you are talking about the "every nth customer through the gates won a prize" thing, right?

I remember because I have a Mickey and Minnie plush set from that promo that a dear friend gave me, and it would have been closer to 1985 than 1990.

And yes I would love to see something like that again.

Mermaid
05-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Not trying to nit pick, but I think it was the 30th. I think you are talking about the "every nth customer through the gates won a prize" thing, right?

I remember because I have a Mickey and Minnie plush set from that promo that a dear friend gave me, and it would have been closer to 1985 than 1990.

Yeah- my sister won a backpack and I was soooo jealous!! I was like 5 and she was 3 and it was not fair!! :rolleyes:

PragmaticIdealist
05-25-2005, 03:57 PM

Both the 30th and 35th anniversary celebrations featured gifts and/or prizes.

During the 30th, every Guest who walked through the gates received a gift (mostly Orville Reddenbacher popcorn and drinks from Coca-Cola).

During the 35th, every Guest merely received a chance to win the prizes that were available as part of that particular sweepstakes.

Both programs featured a car from G.M. as a daily grand prize, and the 35th involved a "Dream Machine" and show at Central Plaza where the car would magically appear from underground upon pulling a lever. (Upon the conclusion of the "35 Years of Magic" celebration, The Dream Machine was replaced with the "Partners" statue by Blaine Gibson.) Other prizes, I believe, included Disney stock or U.S. savings bonds, as well as items from Disney's many strategic alliances of the time.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Uh oh, I sense some replies from people who will ask why free stuff is important.
But I agree, they seemed to have made a bigger deal out of the 35th birthday. BUT, as the above mentioned people will say, the birthday isn't until July 17th! There is still hope.
We avoid the park like the plague in the summer, would rather pull our oldest out of school that fight down Main Street in the heat!