PDA

View Full Version : How much can you do during the EE hour?

Grendel's Mother
05-25-2005, 06:40 AM
I am trying to make my RideMax plans, and it does not account for EE. If I understand correctly, only Fantasyland rides are open during EE. Are all of the Fantasyland rides usually open, or only some of them? And how many can I plan on doing during EE? Is there a big difference in how crowded the park is during this time? (We will be doing it on a Thursday when EE will be at 8 am.)

Thanks so much; you all have been such a help!

mkcbunny
05-25-2005, 07:22 AM
When we went May 11-13, everything in FL was open except the canal boats. Small World was also not open, being off in that ill-defined zone past Fantasyland. Buzz Lightyear did open about half an hour into EE, but that was the only ride open in Tomorrowland.

Our EE day was a Thursday, and it got very busy very quickly. We were able to do a LOT more on the non-EE Wednesday and just left a couple of things for EE. Unfortunately, one of the things we left for EE day was the boats, so I would have done that differently had I known; had to catch it later. Anyway, I strongly recommend doing at least Peter Pan, Dumbo, Matterhorn, and Mr. Toad on Wednesday or some other non-EE day because they get so crowded so soon on EE. You can probably get through many of the other second-tier rides, but we had better luck doing most of them Wednesday and leaving Thursday for a second pass on the Matterhorn and a spin on Buzz. If your schedule allows, I would suggest doing everything you can on non-EE day and just repeating or catching missed rides and Buzz on EE. Plus EE gets you into the park early to get ahead at rope drop for Indy or Splash.

But you may not be able to follow that plan, depending on your schedule. We did nearly every ride/attraction in DL two days. You can read all about our trip in perhaps too much detail here [Day 1 is Fantasyland on Wed; Day 2 is EE Day]:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42184&highlight=trip+report

splash
05-25-2005, 08:25 AM
We went to an early entry on Monday 16th. We were the first ones to step foot in the park and also the first ones to Fantasy Land (no, we didn't run). We headed straight to Peter Pan, then Mr. Toad (after we had finished these 2 rides, the other people began to show up in Fantasy Land). Next we headed to Dumbo (its line is always long), then on to Alice in Wonderland and the Teacups. We noticed the Matterhorn was open, so we rode that too. When we had entered the hub area on our way in, one of the cast members told us that Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters was open, so then we headed there and rode it twice in a row. By this time, it was only about 8:35, so we ducked into a pin shop and headed to Toon Town for their opening ceremony. So, if you apply yourselves, you can do a lot of rides at this time. If you don't care much for Fantasy Land rides, then I would say to pass on this experience.

dlandnut
05-25-2005, 08:34 AM
We went to an early entry on Monday 16th. We were the first ones to step foot in the park and also the first ones to Fantasy Land (no, we didn't run). We headed straight to Peter Pan, then Mr. Toad (after we had finished these 2 rides, the other people began to show up in Fantasy Land). Next we headed to Dumbo (its line is always long), then on to Alice in Wonderland and the Teacups. We noticed the Matterhorn was open, so we rode that too. When we had entered the hub area on our way in, one of the cast members told us that Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters was open, so then we headed there and rode it twice in a row. By this time, it was only about 8:35, so we ducked into a pin shop and headed to Toon Town for their opening ceremony. So, if you apply yourselves, you can do a lot of rides at this time. If you don't care much for Fantasy Land rides, then I would say to pass on this experience.

So, Splash, if you were first to step foot in the park, and first into FL, how early did you line up at the park entrance to be that lucky? Our EE is on Sat., June 4th, which apparently is at 8 a.m., since the park opens at 9 a.m. :)

Oingofan
05-25-2005, 08:45 AM
We went a few weeks ago at Disneyland (May 8th, 2005) and EE was incredible for us. We lined up about a half hour before the gates open. Be careful to note that only the even numbered gates will open. Once the gates open, be sure not to stop heading to where you want to go...after all, you are racing against time. I'll never forget seeing only 1 person in front of us all the way down Main Street (wish I took a picture). We walked down Main Street...no running.

We went on Peter Pan first and were the first people to ride for the day. They were waiting for us. Casey Jr. Train and Storybook boats are closed during EE. We could have easily went on everything else in Fantasyland within the hour. It is truly worthwhile. Just be on time (a half hour or 45 minutes early) and line up. We had to walk all the way from our hotel since the trams didn't start until 30 minutes before park opening. I also heard that the parking lot doesn't open up that early as well. Plan on walking if possible.

HorizonsA
05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Be careful to note that only the even numbered gates will open.

That's not totally true. They don't always open the even gates. I went to Disneyland last month and got there before park opened, was the first in line, and they were opening odd gates. It varies. They have even days and odd days. If you get there early, just ask one of the Cast Members, "Odds or Evens?" and they'll tell you.

danyoung
05-25-2005, 01:37 PM
I made a complete idiot of myself last year because I didn't know about this new policy. They were doing odd gates, but in the past every gate always opened, so I lined up at the front of an even gate. And of course several dozen people lined up behind me. Imagine the glares thrown at me when my gate didn't open! Never again!!!

mkcbunny
05-25-2005, 10:23 PM
I made a complete idiot of myself last year because I didn't know about this new policy. They were doing odd gates, but in the past every gate always opened, so I lined up at the front of an even gate. And of course several dozen people lined up behind me. Imagine the glares thrown at me when my gate didn't open! Never again!!!
We did the same thing based on past experience, but a CM came by and told us "odd gates only." Then they wound up splitting the lines out into two lines later anyway. Next day, it was "evens only," and they didn't split into two. So you just never know.

splash
05-27-2005, 07:10 AM
We got to the park about 30 minutes early and the lines were forming. The cast member told us that only the even numbered gates were opening. So we found one with no line and waited. It was the first time in my life that I've ever been first in the park and in Fantasy Land! Way cool!!!!!

danyoung
05-27-2005, 07:12 AM
I've been first in line a few times. It's incredibly geeky, but also incredibly cool, to be the first one through the turnstiles, for just a split second to be the ONLY guest in the park!

bradk
05-30-2005, 04:47 AM
First, I wouldn't do EE on a Saturday.

I did mine last Tuesday and got a surprise when they opened the gates at 8:30 (so get there early!). yes, that meant an hour and a half before the rest of the park was open. as mentioned, IASW is out of bounds. at 8:30, some of the rides weren't operational yet, but they were all running by park opening and I believe I did every single one of them (with exception to dumbo and casey jr which I didn't want to do), including matterhorn twice (once each side) by about 9:40 which is when I went to line up at the rope for the rope drop so I could get to toontown for the rope drop there for toontown madness.