PDA

View Full Version : Which tower in Disneyland Hotel?

monique1968
05-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi All,

I'm going to Disneyland in October for the first time. We are staying in the Disneyland Hotel. My question is what tower is the best to stay in? and is there a foodcourt in the hotel?

Thanks in advance

Monique

D15
05-25-2005, 03:01 AM
We always either ask for the Marina or Bonita tower, mainly because we just like those two best (the Marina because it's the "main tower" and feels the most Disneylandish, and the Bonita because we like the sounds of the waterfall and its proximity to the arcade :p)
It really depends on how much walking you'd like to do otherwise, the Marina and Sierra are closest to Downtown Disney and thus to the Monorail station there and the main entrance.

There's no food court at the hotel, but there is the Coffee House for snacks and drinks, Goofy's Kitchen (be sure to make reservations early if you'd like to eat there) and Granville's for a more expensive meal, as well as Croc's Bits n' Bites (burgers/fries type snacks) and Hook's Pointe. So there are plenty of food options around there, plus Downtown Disney's a stone's throw away with plenty more restaurants.

monique1968
05-25-2005, 03:54 AM
Oh thanks for the advice

MsYumiBr
05-25-2005, 05:32 AM
I honestly think anything but a parking lot view is great. I did this once (due to my mom's spendthrift ways) and it RUINED my hotel experience. I expected more from DLH and I found the level of my expectations with concierge and a view. At least get a pool view.

stan4d_steph
05-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Some rooms in Sierra tower give you a view of the fireworks if you're interested in that.

You might also try out Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Cal. Hotel. They've got good breakfast and light meal choices for lower prices than in the parks.

MsYumiBr
05-25-2005, 06:14 AM
You can see the higher fireworks but the trees cover up the castle and the lower fireworks.

sleepyjeff
05-25-2005, 06:17 AM
Bonita Tower: Some of the largest standard rooms are here.

Sierra Tower: All rooms have a view.

Marina Tower: Public areas are the most Disneyesque.

:)

SANDYMARIE
05-25-2005, 07:48 AM
1. Marina Tower......busy, but the best disney feel, ask for pool side!!

2. Sierra Tower.......good views on both sides!!

3. Bonita Tower......out of the way feel, less hectic, ask for pool side!!
TTFN

CoasterChickie
05-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Which tower is a personal preference question....I like the Sierra Tower the best, but I've never stayed in the other two so I can't really compare.

In answer to part two of your question, there is no food court in the hotel. There are a few restaurants, bars and snack places.

Like Steph said, the Whitewater Cafe is a great place to get breakfast... it's over in the Grand Californian, but worth the walk!!

splash
05-25-2005, 08:18 AM
We just came back from Disneyland and stayed in the DLH. We arrived around 1:00 and the woman at the front desk said we could have a room in the Bonita tower or wait until 3:00 and get the Sierra tower. Based on what I had read on Mouseplanet, I chose to wait for Sierra. We had picked the standard view (the cheapest) when we booked our package. Our room was on the 8th floor, with a view of the pool (but high enough that we didn't hear any noise from it). Our room was pretty large, with 2 Queen beds and a Day bed. We were very comfortable. I must say, after staying on site, we don't know that we would go back to any of the other off-site hotels. The service was GREAT!!!!! When you check in, ask for the tower of your preference.

Mark Mywords
05-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Sierra Tower's my favorite. I specifically like the lower floors at the corner by the mickey hat (on the Downtown Disney side). One of the best trips we ever had, we stayed in room 2029 (I think). It was SOOOO great! I just have great memories of waking up from the afternoon nap each day to the sounds of music and happiness coming from downtown disney. Having the stairwell right next to us made for quick exits from the hotel, too.

disneyochem
05-25-2005, 10:34 AM
We have stayed in the Sierra and Bonita Towers. My personal best is the Sierra. As said above, you don't have a bad view! In April, we stayed on the fourth floor of Bonita, directly over the waterfalls. It was great! Large room AND we were able to see the fireworks in DL (the test run!). When I check in, I always request Sierra. If not available, then I ask for pool view Bonita. The walk doesn't bother us at all. The kids complain a little bit after a long day but it is easy to distract them with the koi ponds and waterfalls.

At DLH, we eat at Crocs, Goofy's and Hook's. I love the Lost Margaritas from the Lost Bar. Perfect for sitting around the pool or watching kids play with the remote boats. DTD--Rainforest and Ralph Brennans. My favorite breakfast is getting beignets and eating them in DL. Your best bet is White Water Snacks. We have never had a bad experience there! Great breakfasts, healthy choices and not many people. Ditto Storyteller's Cafe.

myeager
05-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Funny, I was going to ask this exact same question. We are staying at the DLH the week of Thanksgiving.

When we made our reservations, the CM asked what tower we preferred and if we wanted a high or low floor. From reading the posts here, it doesn't appear that will be determined until we check in. Does anyone know for sure?

wabby1
05-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I've stayed at DLH about 5 times, and we've always had the north or east towers. I prefer the north, with a room that faces the interior. I don't know if you can request that, but that would be my suggestion. Have fun!

danyoung
05-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I honestly think anything but a parking lot view is great. I did this once (due to my mom's spendthrift ways) and it RUINED my hotel experience.

I did the same thing once, ending up with a parking lot view out of the Bonita Tower. I just couldn't stand it!! After one night I changed rooms to a park view in the Sierra - MUCH better!!