PDA

View Full Version : DL - New Century Time Pieces - Custom work?

KarenW2
05-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Has anyone had a custom watch made at New Century Time Pieces? Will they really do custom pictures for you?

A friend of ours wants to get a custom Disney watch done for his wife as a surprise. She likes Lilo and Stitch and her favorite character from the movie is Scrump, Lilo's little "doll". He'd like to get a watch done with Lilo and Scrump for her, but didn't know where to go to get one. There are tons of Stitch things in the parks and everywhere else, but you never see Scrump!

Since MP is such a great font of info, I thought I'd ask here and see if any of y'all have had a custom watch done and if Lilo and Scrump would be possible.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me for him!!

Osky
05-24-2005, 01:27 PM
On my last visit I inquired about that very thing. The response I got was that if you want it right away, you need to pick a design from the books. If you truly want a custom watch, it could take a month or more. They said something to the effect of:

First, they need approval from Disney executives for the idea of what you want.
Second, the artist has to complete the drawing of what you want.
Third, it has to go back to Disney executives for further approval.
Fourth, you get your watch.

Hopefully someone else here has more information.

KarenW2
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi David,
Did they give you any idea what kind of time frame they'd be talking about, in terms of sending the idea out to get approved, then the watch being done? Just so I can give our friend an idea of what to expect.

Osky
05-24-2005, 04:18 PM
From what I heard, they said about a month for the total process. At that point, I didn't pursue it any further.