PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything you wish they would bring back to DL?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GrimGrinninGhost
05-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Sometimes I wish they would be back old rides or stores or food places. Do you? For me, it would be the Mine carts by the indian village and the area across from tom sawyers....I think that would be cool to go on....

Osky
05-23-2005, 09:04 PM
One word... Walt.

GrimGrinninGhost
05-23-2005, 09:13 PM
ok you dont have to be rude lol :)

Wendi
05-23-2005, 09:17 PM
I want the Skyway back...

Osky
05-23-2005, 09:25 PM
rude?

If Walt were here, I think we wouldn't be worried about what was gone... Becuase it wouldn't be gone, or it would have been replaced with something better.

Disney Vault
05-23-2005, 09:31 PM
rude?

If Walt were here, I think we wouldn't be worried about what was gone... Becuase it wouldn't be gone, or it would have been replaced with something better.
:mad: There's the attitude again!

:p Just kidding.

Osky
05-23-2005, 09:38 PM
OK... I give up... :)

Well then, I woulld have to go with the moonliner.

BTMichael
05-23-2005, 09:43 PM
NOS on a summer's evening with no Fantasmic. I haven't experienced this since 1990.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-23-2005, 10:02 PM
People Mover or Skyway

Mark Mywords
05-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Rides:
Submarine Voyage
Skyway

Restaurants:
The Pirate Ship Restaurant (with Skull Rock), but not at the expense of not having the new Dumbo (I love Dumbo).

Tahitian Terrace.

littlemissgorgeous
05-24-2005, 12:29 AM
I loved the Submarines...sad that they are gone ... :crying:
The skyway was also great, I still have a picture up on my wall with the whole family sitting in the skyway..love it...I loved the colours of the skyway-
they had this very charming look of the 50s...

PragmaticIdealist
05-24-2005, 12:39 AM
In The Magic Kingdom:

-PeopleMover.
-A reimagined version of The Golden Horseshoe Revue (Walt Disney's favorite Attraction).
-"The Lilly Belle" Presidential Car of the Disneyland Railroad.
-One-of-a-Kind Shop and its antiques (Lillian Disney's favorite shop), as well as other shops in New Orleans Square including Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie with its custom-blended colognes and perfumes.
-The show elements of the Rivers of America, including Cascade Peak; Fort Wilderness; the burning settler's cabin; and, a semblence of the original mill on Tom Sawyer's Island.
-Tahitian Terrace or Aladdin's Oasis.
-Big Thunder Barbecue.
-The old guidebooks with multiple pages that described every Attraction, Shop, and Restaurant.
-A reimagined version of the Main Street Electrical Parade.
-The "Baroque Hoedown", itself.
-Additionally, I would like to see Disneyland incorporate aspects of "Carousel of Progress"; "America Sings"; "Country Bear Jamboree"; "Country Bear Vacation Hoedown"; and, "Country Bear Christmas Special", including some of the characters and some of the music, into the The Magic Kingdom as it exists today.
-I would also like to see aspects of Videopolis, Yumz, and "Captain EO", including its songs and musical score, move to or remain present, in some form, in Tomorrowland.
-Some of the patriotic sensibilities of "America Sings"; "American Journeys"; the former versions of "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"; and, the finale to "Fantasy in the Sky" should find a home on Main Street, U.S.A., perhaps, in the form of a new, more expansive version of the Lincoln presentation or in some of the area music.

In Disney's California Adventure:

-The Eureka! parade/street festival.
-The original version of "Steps in Time" that was presented before the grand opening of D.C.A. and that did not include the fictional story nor its live characters.
-"One Man's Dream", sans Michael Eisner.
-Bountiful Valley before the entire area was converted into "a bug's land".
-Hollywood & Dine.

In the Outer Lobby and at The Disneyland Hotels:

-Monorail Cafe.
-The original color scheme of pale blue, orange, and pale yellow for the parking areas.
-The use of the character names as mnemonic devices to help Guests remember the letters of each section of the parking areas.
-The pedalboat marina at the Disneyland Hotel.
-The "Fantasy Waters" show at the Disneyland Hotel.
-The double-decker jitneys at Downtown Disney.
-A better and more literal version of the old Skull Rock, formerly in Fantasyland, at the Disneyland Hotel.

UncleGDogWord
05-24-2005, 06:02 AM
America Sings
Country Bears
People Mover w/ Tron

LibertyCall
05-24-2005, 06:18 AM
Country Bear Jamboree (I loved it and I know my kids would absolutely love it as well. Made NO sense to get rid of it.).

Big Thunder BBQ. I never thought the food was that good but I loved it anyway. :D

Space Mtn. in time for MY trip this week. LOL

dlandnut
05-24-2005, 06:27 AM
People Mover

Tahitian Terrace

Monorail Cafe

America Sings

:)

05-24-2005, 06:27 AM
Does no one miss Welch's popsicles? I do.

socaltexan02
05-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Country Bear Jamboree - totally stands out in my mind from trips to DL and WDW when I was younger. My kids would love it, too!

Fantasia ice cream - never got to try it, learned about it too late. :crying:

millionairegirl
05-24-2005, 06:36 AM
Does no one miss Welch's popsicles? I do.

Ugh, no. I remember being little and my mom would make us eat those because they were 'healthier'. Hypocrite that she was she munched on her Mickey Eskimo Pie and chugged her coke :rolleyes: .

I desperately miss the peoplemover and the curly fries at Harper's Inn.

PirateSmile
05-24-2005, 06:44 AM
The Ursula Balloon in Fantasmic.

nursemelis374
05-24-2005, 06:58 AM
PeopleMover
Skyway
Country Bear Jamboree

spectromen
05-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Pragmatic, you said it all so well. To that list I would add the Keel Boats (peak days only), Toontown Trolley, the Gift Giver Extraordinaire during anniversary years, and the Party Gras Parade, or something as high energy as that.

Shortiemetoo
05-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Rides:
Skyway
people mover
country bears
and I would like to see the house of the future to see how much has "come true"

Restaurants:
The Pirate Ship Restaurant, with Skull Rock
Tahitian Terrace

pboeoahr
05-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Country Bears
People Mover
Adventure through Inner Space

PragmaticIdealist
05-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Spectomen, I agree totally with those suggestions, although until demand to use Attractions on the Rivers of America increases among Guests, I do not forsee the Mike Fink Keelboats returning soon. There is a simple way to make better use of the Rivers of America, but W.D.I. needs to arrive at that idea, itself

I did not even know operation of the Toontown Trolley was discontinued. That trolley is one of the few things in Toontown that actually interests me.

Disneyland has had parades with some great energy in the past, and Party Gras is one of my favorites. Having upbeat, entertaining, and original music is essential to any parade and is one of the reasons "Eureka!" was so successful, in my opinion.

I also remember the Gift Giver Extraordinaire, as well as The Dream Machine. The sweepstakes' Disneyland held during its 30th and 35th anniversary celebrations did not detract from the magic of Disneyland and, instead, added a great deal of festivity. I, especially, liked the 30th Anniversary when every Guest received a gift. I remember just getting complimentary popcorn, but I still thought that the program was a nice idea.

CrazyTrain
05-24-2005, 08:02 AM
The shrinking microscope ride.
It sounds like fun!!